It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Climate March in history on 09/21 in NYC to put pressure on world leaders at UN Climate Summ

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A person, like Decaprio, that plays pretend for a living wants to lecture others, while he jots around the world in private jets and such?????

"Poop, you stink" said Vomit.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Hello friends,

Even if radical global commitments and actions were taken to completely change the nature of human consumption, production, and impact on the environment, climate change is already occurring and the cumulative emissions of mankind over the past several hundred years will continue to impact the climate.

"Radical global commitments" based on lies, false claims and the new religion of the 21st century... thanks but no thanks...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The hand has already been tipped.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks xuenchen I didn't see that post by Flysolo, but guess what, what did I posted about opportunists before, let see, protecting the investments of those that have the money to push for green initiatives, (I have not problem with the green initiative but I have problem with people using my tax dollars for their own benefit while screaming they are saving the earth)

Mr. Leonardo DeCaprio falls in the Category of Charities & "Educational Foundations" -- who rake in the tax-free contributions while doing little more than printing some cheap literature, producing a "fun" event and giving the "ladies that lunch" an opportunity to show off their latest clothes, jewelry and plastic surgery, If I have his money I will be finding ways to ride my tax as much as I can with all kind of charities and foundations.

He also have investments in Fisker Automotive electric cars, he also is a big supporter of carbon tax, because while he can invest his money and get tax brakes on his foundations and get away with taxes is ok to tax the working class in his books.

Tree Media Releases Carbon, Narrated By Leonardo DiCaprio,

According to the World Bank, about 40 national and over 20 sub-national jurisdictions are putting a price on carbon. These pricing instruments range from emissions trading schemes to emissions taxes and can be found from Kazakhstan to Boulder, CO.

This is the bomb, I guess making money is not problem in the Carbon pricing scam

Carbon Traders Arrested for Tax Fraud in London,

Seven carbon traders were arrested outside of London yesterday, on the charge that they sold huge numbers of carbon permits then dodged the taxes that should have been paid on them. Green Inc. reports that the alleged fraudsters ripped off a total $38 million euros, or $63 million US dollars. So how did they do it? Authorities believe the suspects purchased the carbon permits outside of Britain, where they didn't need to pay Britain's Value Added Tax (VAT). But they proceeded to sell the permits in Britain with the price of the VAT tacked on, and disappeared without paying the necessary tax to British officials.

According to Green Inc, the traders bought themselves a taste of the high life by selling companies right-to-pollute permits:

"It is thought that the proceeds of this crime have then been used to finance lavish lifestyles and the purchase of prestige vehicles. Further arrests are likely and the investigation continues," the [British tax] agency said.

I sure hope Mr. DeCaprio is not supporting this scams when he is backing Carbon tax initiatives and putting a price on carbon

www.treehugger.com...

This is how the rich and "famous" get to ride the tax system while we the working class pay our taxes or get fined.

Way to go Mr. the Caprio and his Leonardo Dicaprio Foundation:

Dedicated to protecting Earth’s last wild places and fostering a harmonious relationship between humanity and the natural world.

I think I am going to make my own foundation and get a tax right off.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Tell me, as well as anyone who claims to be an environmentalist and "believes" in AGW. First, why are you so much against atmospheric CO2 when all green biomass growth and harvests increases with HIGHER levels of atmospheric CO2 than at present?...

Second, the Earth started warming and continued warming in the early 1600 and the height of the industrial revolution was almost 300 years later. There is no proof that CO2 is behind climate change. Not to mention that when people like you want to "protest" against atmospheric CO2 you are asking to cause more suffering for humans and animals as well. With less CO2 plants growth will be stunted and there will be less and less harvests, hence less food for humans and animals. Not to mention that when plants and trees have less CO2, they need more water which is another resource we need more of.

When you are demanding for "radical changes in policy on CO2" you are essentially demanding for world leaders to starve more people and animals as well whether you want to admit it or not, this is a fact.

Successful indoor growers implement methods to increase CO2 concentrations in their enclosure. The typical outdoor air we breathe contains 0.03 - 0.045% (300 - 450 ppm) CO2. Research demonstrates that optimum growth and production for most plants occur between 1200 - 1500 ppm CO2. These optimum CO2 levels can boost plant metabolism, growth and yield by 25 - 60%.

www.planetnatural.com...

Going after CO2 and you go after life on this planet and not "oil companies". In case you didn't know you are living in a carbon world where all life is carbon based and requires CO2, alongside other gases to survive and thrive.

edit on 24-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am sure that the Rockeffers that their history is not so nice after all, will find plenty of politicians to fatten the pockets for their own benefit as usual, just because they are "claiming" that they will no longer invest in fossil fuels doesn't mean that their various vast investment link will not.

This nothing but a gesture of propaganda.

I am sure also that their pushing for population control will required lots of money that they obviously can afford to invest on, specially when in 2012 they partner with the Rothschilds in order to increase their power, fortunes and control of world resources

www.trueactivist.com...

I will be looking at these elite with a lot of concern, their Philanthropic work is never for the good of the world but for their good of their coffers.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Great post,

I have tried to explain to people many times that historically in earth, life thrived in warmed temperatures, earth is now is at the end of the last ice age, earth historically has always been warmer longer than cooler, but nobody wants to research earth cycles to see this, more warmer clima means more increase of earth population.

No wonder I often wonder where the new earth believes got their statistics and from where the so call carbon fight is coming from.

Yes life in earth is base in carbon, yes that is some thing that we all learn in biology class. Science is the enemy of no only religious pushers but clima change pushers also.

If Earth has warmed and cooled throughout history, what makes scientists think that humans are causing global warming now?

Because now is money to be made in the global warming scam. Basing the warming trends in the last 150 years and completely been oblivious of the earth real age and cycles of billions of years, because is better to scare people in their life span years than make them "think" in life span of millions or billions of years, the human mind can never comprehend anything that is far beyond their earth years.

Climate myths: It's been far warmer in the past, what's the big deal?

www.newscientist.com...

will the earth humans will survive the warming trend as a natural cycle of earth?, well ask the dinosaurs how they felt when the last ice age decimated them.

People have brains they just don't used them the way they should.

edit on 24-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why march? Plant more trees instead. Detroit would probably be a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Your source:

The important question is what is causing the current, rapid warming? We cannot dismiss it as natural variation just because the planet has been warmer at various times in the past. Many studies suggest it can only be explained by taking into account human activity.

Nor does the fact that it has been warmer in the past mean that future warming is nothing to worry about. The sea level has been tens of metres higher during past warm periods, enough to submerge most major cities around the world (see box at end of this article).

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sources have to be neutral as usual, I am fair ands square when it comes to sources, I can find sources to that can push my point of view if I want too, I choose no to, to keep everybody in the discussion, still they do not dismiss the fact that is been warmer before, neither that the artic circles were not so artic before and that is plenty of prof that water have been receding and flooding for billions of years, that continents has been emerging and disappearing because of sea waters, that is plenty of ancient civilizations under water right now.

So still I stand by my source and my post.

The prof is in history itself.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We can have a conversation.

Your first point has been addressed a number of times by scientists. It is fallacious as an argument against AWG. Yes, CO2 is central to plant growth. However, the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere that we are pumping out is accelerating or causing rapid climate change (on a cosmic time scale), which is dangerous in shifting too quickly climactic patterns, fragile ecosystems etc. Just because c02 is good for plants doesn't mean that massive increases from humans is good for other things.

No, plants will "not be more stunted" with less CO2. First, nobody is advocating reducing CO2 below pre-industrial levels, as your claim would require. Second, there is zero evidence of any kind for your claim. And you know it. No study, not one.

Third, climate change through ecosystem and climate disruption is going to disrupt global food systems and food security FAR more than anything the opposite. It will hit the poorest the most. It is projected that if it hits fully, it will reverse the last 50 years of economic development for poor countries and communities. Have you even looked at the evidence and projections?

No, the last three decades were the hottest three decades in 800 years. There is a portion of the climate change data that CANNOT be explained by natural cycles and patterns. This has been analyzed and explained. The old and tired argument that "there are natural cycles of climate change" just shows ignorance in that ALL climate scientists acknowledge this and guess what, know this far better than any of you. They are experts on that.

I'm sorry, you come across as if you one don't have a lot of scientific education and two have not actually read all of the scientific studies and projections. Half of your claims are completely false.

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Tell me, as well as anyone who claims to be an environmentalist and "believes" in AGW. First, why are you so much against atmospheric CO2 when all green biomass growth and harvests increases with HIGHER levels of atmospheric CO2 than at present?...

Second, the Earth started warming and continued warming in the early 1600 and the height of the industrial revolution was almost 300 years later. There is no proof that CO2 is behind climate change. Not to mention that when people like you want to "protest" against atmospheric CO2 you are asking to cause more suffering for humans and animals as well. With less CO2 plants growth will be stunted and there will be less and less harvests, hence less food for humans and animals. Not to mention that when plants and trees have less CO2, they need more water which is another resource we need more of.

When you are demanding for "radical changes in policy on CO2" you are essentially demanding for world leaders to starve more people and animals as well whether you want to admit it or not, this is a fact.

Successful indoor growers implement methods to increase CO2 concentrations in their enclosure. The typical outdoor air we breathe contains 0.03 - 0.045% (300 - 450 ppm) CO2. Research demonstrates that optimum growth and production for most plants occur between 1200 - 1500 ppm CO2. These optimum CO2 levels can boost plant metabolism, growth and yield by 25 - 60%.

www.planetnatural.com...

Going after CO2 and you go after life on this planet and not "oil companies". In case you didn't know you are living in a carbon world where all life is carbon based and requires CO2, alongside other gases to survive and thrive.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Your argument shows that you haven't read the scientific studies on climate change. I will quote what I wrote for someone else:

There is a portion of the climate change data that CANNOT be explained by natural cycles and patterns. This has been analyzed and explained. The old and tired argument that "there are natural cycles of climate change" just shows ignorance in that ALL climate scientists acknowledge this and guess what, know this far better than any of you. They are experts on that.

originally posted by: marg6043

Great post,

I have tried to explain to people many times that historically in earth, life thrived in warmed temperatures, earth is now is at the end of the last ice age, earth historically has always been warmer longer than cooler, but nobody wants to research earth cycles to see this, more warmer clima means more increase of earth population.

No wonder I often wonder where the new earth believes got their statistics and from where the so call carbon fight is coming from.

Yes life in earth is base in carbon, yes that is some thing that we all learn in biology class. Science is the enemy of no only religious pushers but clima change pushers also.

If Earth has warmed and cooled throughout history, what makes scientists think that humans are causing global warming now?

Because now is money to be made in the global warming scam. Basing the warming trends in the last 150 years and completely been oblivious of the earth real age and cycles of billions of years, because is better to scare people in their life span years than make them "think" in life span of millions or billions of years, the human mind can never comprehend anything that is far beyond their earth years.

www.newscientist.com...

will the earth humans will survive the warming trend as a natural cycle of earth?, well ask the dinosaurs how they felt when the last ice age decimated them.

People have brains they just don't used them the way they should.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Leo is just another eco-weenie in a suit.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join