It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Freedoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Fresh off a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum (you should go if you ever have the opportunity) I was reminded of his works depicting President Roosevelt's State of the Union address to Congress in January of 1941. In that famous speech, Roosevelt was underscoring why we needed to support the European war effort at the start of WW2. The ideas from that speech served as the underpinnings to the Atlantic Charter declared by Winston Churchill and FDR later that year and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted in 1948. Those Four Freedoms so central to our country were:

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Freedom of Worship
  3. Freedom from Want
  4. Freedom from Fear

Seeing how far we have allowed our politicians to strip away, curtail and abridge our Freedom of Speech; how they have been allowed to get away with plundering Our treasure to 'bail-out' businesses that have engaged in the wholesale rape of our finances and jobs; and how they routinely use fear as a means of controlling us and pitting us each against the other gives us a good picture of how horribly far we have allowed them to go 'off the reservation'. Maybe something we should all keep in mind when we go to the polls and see Democrat OR Republican next to anyone's name.

And to the person who just HAS to turn this into a Obama-bashing thread... I will personally come to your house and eat your puppy in front of your entire family because no one that clueless should have a puppy.

FRD 4 Freedoms

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
For the curious: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Also of note is FDR's second bill of rights which came after the Depression and near the end of the war: Second Bill of Rights

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm going to boil it down someā€¦

Do unto others what you want done unto you.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I'll bring BBQ sauce.
We need a 3rd party running so badly right now.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Amen brother...

top topics

join