It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting Animal Abuse (Dairy Industry)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This video made my stomac churn. Seriously [snip] this world and everyone in it.

Not feeling very philosophical after watching this. I mean seriously what's with the brutality? Someone make this make sense for me.

I can't do this video justice.

Very graphic content please be advised.

ADD - you will see cows on dairy farms being horrifically abused.

Stop eating cow products NOW
edit on 9/20/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/20/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Video's disgusting, we are a disgusting race!

So sad.

B

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I think it says a lot about us that we choose to stand for these creatures who have done so much for the human race to be treated like this, and not many people care enough even to LOOK!

If it is not pleasant they simply will not look so then there is no need to do anything.

I believe strongly that eventually we will all pay for what we do and what we let be done for our profit.

I would also like to say, the food we eat becomes what we enjoy, almond milk is wonderful and things we never thought we could ever enjoy became our favorite foods when we stopped eating meat. Recently I started eating more natural foods with no additives, like natural peanut butter, it tasted so bland to me as I was so used to sugar and salts and other added flavors, but when I kept eating it I started to yearn for that natural unadulterated taste and now I choose this instead of salted and sugared nut butters!

edit on 20-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The people that risked their personal safety to bring this to light are heroes.

Everybody got fired.

The dairy said in a statement that animal care and well-being are central to its operation. As a result, the dairy fired all employees and referred the abusive workers to law enforcement for further review following its own internal investigation. The dairy also halted milking operations, stopped shipments to all vendors and dispersed thousands of cows to other dairies with strong track records in animal welfare. “We remain committed to the ethical and responsible treatment of the animals and have learned from this incident,” the dairy said.

Stuff like this is why I mourn the continuing loss of family farms... The owners (Leprino Foods) of this operation supplied cheese for Pizza Hut, Papa John's and Domino’s, among others.

Regardless of whether your business is kitchen cabinets, automobiles or food products, company size directly impacts the ground level day to day operations. A family farm knows each animal by personality and often by name. The scum that got caught in these videos deserve a lot more than what they'll wind up getting. I doubt the owners of this dairy operation were any more aware of what was going on than the desk company that has product going out with drawers that are crooked or car makers that have employees that skip a bolt on every fifth or sixth car in order to keep up with the line.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

After running a horse rescue for ten years this is nothing.. This isn't business that causes these horrors to animals it's people plain and simple. The people are abusive, and then they support the companies that hire the people to do these things. I have had to steal abused animals because the state wouldn't do anything about their abuse.

It took ten years but I can't do it anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

These people should be shot on sight IMO.

Done.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I clicked the thread and closed my eyes..
Pushed reply

I simple cant watch videos with animals suffering by human hands.

There is a reason to this, 10 years ago I have seen a video of dogs getting tortured in a lab
I have been scared for life of this, really... I have been thinking of the video at least once a week in 10 years
And I scare myself, the ANGER the HATE that consumes me, very very DARK thoughts.. of the whole human race
That video change my life, and it have made i difficult for me to socialize with other people

So excuse me for not seeing or reading your thread OP

BUT I really really really hope you will spread ALL the news of animal abuse around the world..
Because the story of reality needs to come to the light, but I had my share.. and I have payed for it
AND yes I am doing everything everyday to make life better for animals.. And I will bring down the pain on the first catch in the act... with no remorse

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

ya that was awful...i feel like i should pray or something now...blah

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If you eat meat, you're contributing to this; you think your food animals are treated nicely while they're being hit in the skull with a bolt or being hung by their feet and having their throats slit?

Meanwhile, the meateaters make fun of vegetarians and PETA groups, as if worrying about animal welfare were a joke.

Nature gets it's revenge though. Read about prions; you're all infected.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

After running a horse rescue for ten years this is nothing.. This isn't business that causes these horrors to animals it's people plain and simple. The people are abusive, and then they support the companies that hire the people to do these things. I have had to steal abused animals because the state wouldn't do anything about their abuse.

I wouldn't be able to do it for a day. Anyone that can treat animals like that most likely don't treat their fellow man much better.

As you know, horses, cattle, pigs, etc. all are unique individuals. When my brother's bull, Pedro, got so big that Dad was afraid he'd crush my brother by accident just playing, he had to send him to market. I really thought Dad was gonna knock the guy out... He started beating and poking on him and Dad grabbed him by the back of the neck and asked him what the H*ll he thought he was doing. Dad walked up in the truck and said, "C'mon Pedro, it's time to go..." Pedro followed him like a puppy and Dad climbed over the stock rack and jumped down.

Farming can be sad at times...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why is this in the rant forum?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We buy our milk from a small, family owned local dairy. They don't use antibiotics or hormones and their milk is always the best. I think a lot of people are catching on because they seem to be having trouble keeping milk on the shelves, but that's OK. We'll get what's available because it just tastes better.

And I will continue to eat meat. Before you fire back at me, yes, I've gone out and brought in my own and killed it and cleaned it with my own two hands. There is cruelty and there is a clean death.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

S & F OP for bringing it to people's attention. It needs to be in everyone's face.

Put a spot light on cruelty. I have seen vids like this and I'm not going to watch it. I know.

This earth ain't getting no better. And the religious folk worry about other humans souls, who cares. These types deserve to go to Hell, Hell, Hell and a one way ticket with no chance for forgiveness, period. Screw um'.

edit on 20-9-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We buy our milk from a small, family owned local dairy. They don't use antibiotics or hormones and their milk is always the best. I think a lot of people are catching on because they seem to be having trouble keeping milk on the shelves, but that's OK. We'll get what's available because it just tastes better.

And I will continue to eat meat. Before you fire back at me, yes, I've gone out and brought in my own and killed it and cleaned it with my own two hands. There is cruelty and there is a clean death.

Seems the only way to do it. So you know exactly where your meat comes from. Most don't care to look at the farming practices. But, I don't blame those who hunt or kill their own.

It's this kind of deplorable, hidden cruelty to supply Corporations faster and faster which needs to be stopped. Thank goodness for the people who go undercover to get this kind of evidence and raise their voices to put a stop to it.

Good for you finding milk from people you trust with ethical practices and better for you too.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

I wouldn't be able to do it for a day. Anyone that can treat animals like that most likely don't treat their fellow man much better.

As you know, horses, cattle, pigs, etc. all are unique individuals. When my brother's bull, Pedro, got so big that Dad was afraid he'd crush my brother by accident just playing, he had to send him to market. I really thought Dad was gonna knock the guy out... He started beating and poking on him and Dad grabbed him by the back of the neck and asked him what the H*ll he thought he was doing. Dad walked up in the truck and said, "C'mon Pedro, it's time to go..." Pedro followed him like a puppy and Dad climbed over the stock rack and jumped down.

Farming can be sad at times...

To rescue an animal, in my case horses, that were starved so much they could hardly stand and bring them back from the brink was very rewarding. It was just so gut wrenching when you can't, often times they just give up, I swear you can see it in their eyes. They just let go. It's even harder to euthanize one because it is more humane than letting them suffer. It is one of the best things I have done in my life and one of the most awful. I have had up to 43 at one time what a handful what a pleasure. The saddest eyes on this earth can be seen in a horse.

I also believe they are capable of love, and affection I have seen it. I have seen depression when there closest friend and companion dies. For me I looked at it as if I didn't do this for them who was? Animal control, the humane society, and the lot offer lip service but do little but provide jobs. So many horses are there to be ridden, and when they couldn't be ridden anymore they had to go, some people had them for over 20 years. To me that is family. As soon as cost got expensive they were gone family or not. Owning animals like this is hugely expensive, there was a time when the economy first went upside down people would just let them out to run because they couldn't afford to feed them anymore. There are many stories most to sad, but the biggest smile is every morning I would walk out the door on ten acres, and I would have forty horses looking at my front door. Once they saw me the whinnying would start to be fed. They loved me I was the food guy.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

My grandfather was a sheep farmer, and every year there was always a pen of lambs that had to be bottle fed because their mamas wouldn't have anything to do with them for whatever reason (twins or just plain rejected them). It was one of the hardest lessons he taught my mom and my aunt - how to have animals for the farm that you care for and do everything to take care of without making them pets because all of those little bottle babies were going to have to go to the stockyard in the fall.

For him it was all in the name. There as only one sheep on that farm that I knew of that ever had a name, an old bottle-fed ewe he called "Pet." That sheep died of old age on the farm.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's why Pedro had to go. My brother bottle fed him and it was cute when they'd play their game where my brother would put his chest against Pedro's forehead and wrap his arms around his neck. Pedro would flip him around like a dog does a favorite towel/pull-toy. Wasn't quite so cute when he got up over 1500lbs... Dad was afraid they'd be in the barn with nobody around and he'd get crushed by accident.

There definitely is something to be said for people understanding where that package of chicken or ground beef came from. I enjoy a good rib-eye, myself, but I'm honest about where they come from...

All of my Mom and Dad's livestock had great lives compared to factory farmed animals.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker
"C'mon Pedro, it's time to go..." Pedro followed him like a puppy and Dad climbed over the stock rack and jumped down.

My family had a pet cow as well, which we all loved. (not as cool as a pet bull, I admit)

When called...She'd always come barrelling in from the pasture when it was time for milking.. always brought a smile to my face.

RIP Steve.

Having said that, I still eat meat about once a week

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why is this in the rant forum?

Yes, why is it? Would suggest it to be placed to an appropriate area and or returned to. It's the truth of factory farming, not a rant.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Personal bias.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join