It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our new word for today (Corpocracy) kawr-pok-ruh-see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

corpocracy (rhymes with “hypocrisy”). Corpocracy, also called “corporatocracy,” is de facto rule by mega-corporations in conjunction with international banking, corporate-owned media, and the enabling collusion of government and/or a network of governments. These Big Money[ii]

the concept is a simple one. Since corporate dollars trump individual votes, we have a corpocracy, not a democracy.
FDR recognized not the word but the concept and way back in 1939 when he said these words.

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That, in its essence is Fascism -- ownership of government by individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."

Urban Dictionary defines Corpocarcy this way

While by law the U.S. is a republic, the government is actually a Corpocracy - democracy by the corporations. Corporations vote by paying politicians and political parties to put forward their agenda. The term is also endearing because of the similarity to the word "Hipocrisy".

Joe: I'm happy we live in a democracy.

Ed: Actually, the U.S. is a republic, do your homework.

DeShaun: Well, by law the U.S. is supposed to be a republic, but in actuality it is a Corpocracy - democracy by corporations.

All: Tru Dat

so there you have our new word for the day.
Corpocracy

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Aa reply to: HardCorps

Sadly, I know this to be true. That is why I strongly believe that the American public should come together and form a corporation of American citizens.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

What's truly sad... is that we had to invent a word "Corpocracy"
to define the way mega corporations have invasively co-opted our republic, democratic system, and stolen our civil liberties all in pursuit of the all mighty dollar and quarterly earning report.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So same thing as crony capitalism then?

I think this is a stage of human evolution that is inevitable, however sad it might be.

I think democracy was imposed the day they figured out that's actually gonna give them more power.

If everyone is going to do whatever they can to win then this was inevitable. First you have a structure. Then any opposing force will do whatever it can do use the preexisting structure to it's advantage. And then the force opposing that does the same thing. And so it goes on. Just like if you have a bunch of computer software. And then you have an underground of rebels fighting for a cause that want to subvert the paradigm to their own benefit. So they go about creating a bunch of computer viruses. And then the establishment goes about creating a bunch of anti-virus software. Just like you had the radar invented and then you had the stealth airplane as a countermeasure.

This is what we all contribute to.

When the usb-sticks forced the floppy discs out of the market, do you think we should all have boycotted usb-sticks?

We all asked for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The servant has usurped its supposed master......The Corporations now rule......
We are the detritus of history along with our ideas of freedom and individual rights.....
As with ISIL, you have been given a choice....submit or die.....

top topics

join