It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is with disgusting 'pop stars'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yes true but those people aren't the ones pushed on TV or in music. Unless you know those bands you barely hear about them. It's all about selling sex and ass now a days.

Sure there are other artists out there but they are boring compared to two chicks grinding butt on butt. What's going to get more views which equals more money?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

OMG!!!!!

EEEEE! I was such a HUGE Debbie Gibson fan growing up omg. I remember being in 7th grade and cutting my hair off to look like Debbie Gibson. I had hair pass my butt and cut it all off boy short to look like her. She was my idol!!

I remember the hair dresser asking if I was sure and then looking at my mom. I was like 12 or 13. lol My mom said I'm old enough to make my own hair decisions. I thought I was sooooo cool!

I have all her music on my computer and still jam out and get teary eyed to:

**teary eyed now. Damn you Debbie!
edit on 9/23/2014 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I wasn't aware of the video until now (Minaj). As an experiment, I listened to it without looking at the video. Pap. Not interesting music in the least. Then, I watched it with the music. I am reminded of the Tool tune "Vicarious". I watched and yes, the fibrillating gleutia were eye-catching, but was it valid music? NO. not for me. My conclusion is that if I wanted to repeat that experience, I'd be better off going to a strip club, and since I have no desire to do so, I have to mirror your angst and declare this marginal entertainment.

Damn, I feel old right now. However, I know what good music is, and that ain't it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
My conclusion is that if I wanted to repeat that experience, I'd be better off going to a strip club,

Funny you say that Nicki is a former stripper.

As a former entertainer myself I find this just gross and her as well. I dont think she has any talent other than being trashy. Most never believe me when I tell them I was an exotic dancer but imo this kind of stuff belongs in the club not in videos.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My butt can fart better music than that song.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
My butt can fart better music than that song.

HAHAHA! I just cracked up out loud

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

There's no shame in being an exotic dancer or having been one; it is a talent, and anyone who doesn't believe it is a talent is welcome to try their ?hand? at doing it and not looking strange. There is -- to me -- shame in relying upon those skills to sell otherwise dull and unimaginative music.

It's like whipped cream (oh noes! Not the whipped cream analogy [or is that a metaphor??]) -- a little entices a dessert, and a ton of it ruins it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

what do you say if we get my big butt and your skinny ass and we do an ATS song, where neither of us have to have any singing or song writing talents.

The plus side is we won't need to make a vocal sound, down side is we likely won't make a cent.

WTH is an Iggy Azalea anyway.....
edit on 23-9-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Starve them out.
If you have children do not allow them to listen or watch this filth. If they ask tell them why it is disgusting.

The celebrities of today are a far cry from the ones of yesterday.
Here is a link to a recent, but associated thread.
If they were twisted they at least had the class to hide it from the public.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I certainly have no objections watching half naked women in music videos or anywhere else. However, Niki disgusts me. She is unattractive, and whether her ass is or isn't real, it looks gross and misshaped. It's not hot, and she isn't feminine. These people aren't artists either, just entertainers.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: olaru12

Unhappy with the current state of American entertainment?

Quit whining and change it.

Start here....

www.celtx.com...

Be the change you seek....

nah. imm content just whining about it.
thanks though

Well then why bother making a thread? what did you hope would come of it?

In the future children will ask, why is the world the way it is and you can say ' i didn't feel like changing it '

That's just as part of the problem as the video

Be the change you want to see in the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The upside is we would get a lot of flags and stars lol

Hehe and lots of laughs!!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Why didn't this reply show up in my thread replies? weird...

you wanna talk about being pissed off? Check this bull poopy out

hand of god/goddess/whatever this is true

So I really am not like special or anything but my family has two friends who are 'connected?' but not like celeb or POTUS connected...just know some folks

anyway...one of those sets of people are the owners family and CEO's of Ferrara Pan Candy in a suburb of Chicago ((makers of the delightful Lemon Head))

So back when I was a wee one, Ferrara comes to my mom at her office for a little chit chat and I am there because I was sick and home from school just chilling...cuz that's what cool kids do when they are sick...chill at work with mom right?

Anyway...he goes.."hey I have these private concert tickets and my daughter can't go...know anyone who wants to go to a piano concert of Debbie Gibson? There's a cap of 50 people.

Naturally my immunity immediately swung into Superman mode and I'm trying to balance between being cool and being spastic...so I got them

AWESOME private concert...so had her new album signed and still sealed

some ________ threw that son of a gun away years later...

I mean...my childhood...in the trash...gone forever

But yes...t stay on topic...pop was friggin awesome in my days
edit on 24-9-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

There are three words when used together in the same line, really make me want to heave my guts up.

Miley, Cyrus and Tongue...!!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Sorry for the late reply, but LOL i forgot about the "filthy 15."

It's a surprisingly low number even for that time period - can you imagine now?

A shorter list would be pop songs that AREN"T about sex!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join