It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 fighters intercept Russian military planes 55 miles off Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Source:

F-22 fighters intercept Russian military planes 55 miles off Alaska

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Two F-22 fighter jets intercepted six Russian military airplanes that neared the western coast of Alaska, military officials said Friday.

IT's getting closer. WW3.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CHinauser

WW3? Nope. From your linked article:

In both cases, the Russian planes entered the Air Defense Identification Zone, which extends about 200 miles from the coastline. They did not enter sovereign airspace of the United States or Canada.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The US can do this all day and it's no problem.. I mean we can even enter Syria's air space even after the country told us we are not welcome...

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
yep ..
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
already a thread on this. Still This kind of stuff happens all the time, The US does the exact same thing to the Russians. Until there is an Accident, or a Rogue pilot going crazy, im not going to worry

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Holy hell. I saw this happen yesterday. Seriously - I live in the Springs right by the base. I was getting panda express at about 4pm exactly driving south and I saw a jet flying north almost directly above my car. He was ascending but still low enough to where I could see the belly outline perfectly. I thought F22 even, and I told my GF about the incident and everything simply because it was while I was getting her food and the guy in the jet damn near did a barrel roll directly above my sunroof lol.

I know the intercept is no big deal, I just think its awesome I saw it! O.o

Unless of course this is only being reported from Colorado Springs because that's where NORAD is - in which case I will shut my mouth now and look stupid. But I certainly did see an F22 flying North yesterday and looking like the pilot was having some fun with it.

edit on 20-9-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Should have posted your thread in the News section...
anyway there were two such intrusions.

There were two separate incidents involving Russian military planes near North America. On Wednesday, two Mig-31 fighter jets were spotted in a US air defense identification zone (ADIZ) off the Alaska coast, with the US Air Force scrambling two F-22 jets to intercept them. The US also identified two Tu-95 long-range bombers and two Il-78 refueling tankers nearby.

On Thursday, two Russian Tu-95 bombers flew into Canada’s ADIZ and were intercepted by two Canadian F-18 jets.

Source
in that second event those bombers did cross into Canadian Air Space, so it's even scarier than Fox is reporting

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You do know that Russia and Alaska are separated by the Bering Strait and the two countries are only 55 miles apart from each other at the closest point.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: evol702

Well uh I guess that means entering where you are not welcome is by definition an invasion and therefore an act of war. Right?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
a reply to: evol702

Well uh I guess that means entering where you are not welcome is by definition an invasion and therefore an act of war. Right?

It is indeed but by Obama staying that he'd basically overthrow the leader of Syria if they intervened.. even though that's what any leader would do if done bully was forcing my their way into their country..

I love my country but I hate the primadona attitude we have where we think we are God's and we can do as we please without any repercussion

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You believe in too much propaganda. State media...

Peace

ETA SO now my shortened username is banned? # # mother#ers?

Testing, testing, testing....
edit on 22/9/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Although I do listen to the CBC which is the state media , I wouldn't go so far as to say I believe what they say .Most of their news is just a echo from Washington . a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

new topics

top topics

join