It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team.. !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As if Ebola was not bad enough .... It will be hard to get the spread of this stuff under control with actions of some populations like this. If this is the whole story all I can say is R.I.P. and sorry you died trying to help..

Reuters) - Eight bodies, including those of three journalists, were found after an attack on a team trying to educate locals on the risks of the Ebola virus in a remote area of southeastern Guinea, a government spokesman said on Thursday.

"The eight bodies were found in the village latrine. Three of them had their throats slit," Damantang Albert Camara told Reuters by telephone in Conakry

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Maybe troops can be sent in with these teams. The brutal murder of aide workers, teachers, and journalists comes with its own backlash.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Maybe troops can be sent in with these teams. The brutal murder of aide workers, teachers, and journalists comes with its own backlash.

I agree but with one dreadful thought: I have to wonder how many troops will be infected for I doubt they will be wearing hasmat suits..?

There was a story not long ago about some infected individuals getting up and leaving a hospital (terrible care in most places for they were not prepared for the severity of the outbreak) and no one could stop them.. No protective gloves so they just walked and infected their family members and anyone else they came in contact with. ...

The latest report is now a possible 550,000 infections if the WHO worse case scenario plays out... ?

The Ebola outbreak in West Africa could spread to hundreds of thousands more people by the end of January, according to an estimate under development by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that puts one worst-case scenario at 550,000 or more infections.

The human body replicates the Ebola virus every day when infected... The chances of a mutation go up as more are infected..
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I posted this yesterday.

But I want the mods to keep it up in protest to the whiny suck ups that always come and make a big deal about important issues being posted twice.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I posted this yesterday.

But I want the mods to keep it up in protest to the whiny suck ups that always come and make a big deal about important issues being posted twice.

So sorry.. and to be honest I did not even do a search or see your thread.. If I can find it I will flag and star you... as if that will buy you anything ! Again promise I be sorry !

But glad you caught the story too..

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum
I Would Like Very Much To Applaud You. All I can Do is Clap My Hands Together and Star you.

Thank You for being a Greater Person.
I did S & F your thread also yesterday, very well presented and I'd like to say also, you're an Asset to ATS.

edit on 20-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

link   

The latest report is now a possible 550,000 infections if the WHO worse case scenario plays out... ?

Have you been following this thread? iconoclast has done a really good job and you really only need to read the last page to catch up.

FWIW, I followed your lead and S&F'd AnteBellum's thread.

link   

I'm glad you posted this, you've been hear long enough to know threads don't always get the notoriety they deserve and by day two there pretty much dead.

I worry about this topic because it shows a change in the psychological climate in this region, a region we just sent 3000 troops to. Do we expect them to start fighting these civilians now?
Fighting = blood and it all makes for a bad scene when they come home.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I'm glad you posted this, you've been hear long enough to know threads don't always get the notoriety they deserve and by day two there pretty much dead.

I worry about this topic because it shows a change in the psychological climate in this region, a region we just sent 3000 troops to. Do we expect them to start fighting these civilians now?
Fighting = blood and it all makes for a bad scene when they come home.

My friend we are on the same page.. just different time zone.. hahha

And for the others who took the time to read and post in either thread (both) thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I Starred You here Ante. If I could Flag Your Post I would do that as well. I did Star and Flag Your OP of yesterday.
I can however offer a round of Applauds for Your Agreeable attitude here!!!

Well Said Young Lady!!!
Syx.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I missed yours. I hope this one stays up, too.

From the link:

Authorities in the region are faced with widespread fears, misinformation and stigma among residents of the affected countries, complicating efforts to contain the highly contagious disease.

As plague spreads so do the rumors and blame.

Just like Tsunamis were little understood until Indonesia and Japan, this sweeping wave that keeps coming is going to rewrite our misconceptions of the world.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
quit wasting money on africa, wall it off and tell them good luck.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join