It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball Network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
the fireball Network has all the orbits of the fireballs on Sept 19th intersecting with the earth and not our sun.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why they think this was?

You would think the sun having a stronger gravitational pull would have these fireballs intersecting with it but it is not the case.

The earth seems to be purposely targeted by these phenomenal fireballs.

Fireball Network scroll down to "All Sky Fireball Network"

edit on 20-9-2014 by ChesterJohn because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
you had me at fireball. in other words my nlbs meter just went off. I'll look into the the links and get back to you, but in the mean time don't lose any sleep over fireballs from space.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Its because we can only see the fireballs intersecting with Earth. They are so small that we don't see them hitting other planets or the Sun. That is why the fireballs seem to intersect only with Earth. I believe that sun gets hit by fireballs all the time, but its impossible to notice them because of Sun's glare and that they are really small objects, only meters wide. The space is full of these objects, its no wonder that sometimes bigger objects surprise us by hitting before we notice one, like Chelyabinsk meteor in 2013. Despite it was over 17 meters wide, it was not observed before its hit, it was total surprise.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The graphic you are looking at is an AFTER representation. The network takes reports and uses the information to calculate the orbits of meteors that already interacted with the Earth. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The network has multiple cameras, here's an example of one set up with 4 cameras, each circle represents the field of view of the cameras, they overlap so that when a fireball is spotted its trajectory can be triangulated.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
the orbits of the rocks shown DO intersect the orbital path of earth however if you look
the orbital paths are around the sun.
the are countless billions of them ranging from the size of a single grain of sand up to
a few hundred meters some left over from the creation of the solar system some left over
from earlier collisions and some left over from comet outgas trails there is nothing sinister
about it.
at any point along the orbital path of all the planets there is the intersection with the orbits
of this dust and rock it has been this way for the life of the system.
it only becomes a problem if the rock is large enough to survive entry.

top topics

join