It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that we're being studied?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is my first post. I, until now, have only skulked around and commented once in a while, but I am now compelled to ask if anyone has had a similar experience as to the one I will soon get to.

Most of my life I've had numerous experiences involving the abnormal / paranormal. I won't comment on those now if you don't mind, as I would like to cut to the chase. For the last 8-10 months I have been actively researching concepts of lucid dreaming, OBE's and so forth. In these last months I have had a number of lucid dreams, and one of the ways that I've found slightly effective is to re-live the last few moments of a dream I had just woken up from. If I find myself still (not having moved my body) I have re-entered my last dream by, again, not moving and staying focused on the very last moments of my dream. It has worked well a number of times so far. Well, the other morning, things got freaky and I can't shake the feeling. In this dream, my Aunt and I were climbing up the edge of a steep, frozen road. We were making our way to a school located somewhere at the top of the incline. Just as reached the top, I stood up and then I woke up. As I was lying there, I thought to myself "try to get back in the dream, you haven't moved yet." Just as I thought that, another thought popped up and I said to myself "nah, that was a boring dream, just go back to sleep." Here's the pisser. In my head, as clear as day, an old man was saying something to the affect of "the boy (I'm 55 y/o) will not be committing to re-enter as he has no incentive in doing so." Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. I had the overwhelming feeling that this old man was talking to a crowd, perhaps like a speaker / narrator addressing a surgical amphitheater of some sort... Now, just for the record, I wouldn't be writing this if I thought for a moment that I was imagining what had happened. I was wide awake and in no way partially dreaming. On a side note I should mention that I had just that day asked my higher self, while deep in meditation, to show me the truth of this existence. This brings me to my question - has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? I was and am still overwhelmed with the feeling that our dreams, perhaps lives, are under constant examination...BTW, I don't use drugs or alcohol. Thank you for any and all responses.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Cool story. I too have pondered this premise and wondered if we all just weren't a cosmic experiment existing for the amusement and benefit of a master race billions of years more advanced and in another dimension. Perhaps a small mistake was made and you were exposed to that dimension? Hopefully you will get that "incentive" he was talking about. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here is the thing consciousness is awake roughly 16 hours a day. The subconsciousness
is awake 23 hours and 50 minutes a day. Your brain only rests for 10 minutes.

What is perceived and what is subjective is a fine line. Follow the path
and see where it takes you. It's the journey not the destination.

My life is the Frost poem " The road not taken" enjoy the journey.

edit on 19-9-2014 by TucsonOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2014 by TucsonOne because: Useless words

edit on 19-9-2014 by TucsonOne because: Miss quoted Robert Frost title

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That would be a pretty profound experience!

I would be interested on hearing if you experience this again or something similar.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Well yes we are being studied and not just by any possible EBE's or other than human intelligences (how do we know they are alien), then of course there are government systems and people who trawl all websites like this one looking for any number of thing's especially now they have to watch for coded terrorist communications who would use these and other chatroom style sites to exchange information, but are EBE's studying us, well I would say most probably yes or at least I am of the opinion some one is watching this noisy adolescent kid on the neighbourhood that is spewing electromagnetic communications into space with no consideration of who else may be listening.

To quote ming the merciless, "Without knowing who or what is out her, if you had any idea of the true nature of the universe you would have hidden yourself's away from it entirely".

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TucsonOne

Um... A full day isnt exactly 24 hrs.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadunkle

With ALL conspiracy aside .. everything we do is being studied .. and grants are paid to do it ... studies about how we think, eat, sleep, drink... studies about being able to map our mental images to video... that's all public ...

As for aliens? we'd never know... there are actual scientific experiments being worked up to test those sorts of things... one big one is trying to see if we're a simulation of some kind

I can't imagine how we would know since the developers would be defining our variables... but scientists seem to think they can test it... but as a software engineer myself... I doubt we'd ever know if we were a simulation... my code would prevent those involved from ever thinking about that, or being able to test / prove it .. that would be a first priority ... so imagining that we ARE a program... well if we are then our programmers are stupid ... the only exception would be is if we were an AI experiment and we're gradually learning...
so I'm not EXCLUDING anything

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I've had a lot of experience in lucid dreaming ("a lot" being a relative term- there are those who have had more, but I haven't met many). A "narrator" was often an element, giving me lessons, showing me illustrations, explaining things to me the way a teacher or master would. No face was associated, no form- just the voice though.

There was even one day when it continued the lesson (which was what I later learned to be commonly refered to as "sacred geometry", though I had never heard of it before that point) and after awakening, the lesson continued- though I had my husband in bed with me and my young children had joined us to wake us. I closed my eyes and let it continue, drawing on paper what I was being shown, and explaining to my family as we went along. They listened intently, fascinated.

This voice began to speak to me in waking times, in meditation, or when alone in spiritual practice- it once guided me in an exercise of moving meditation- keeping the same mental state as meditation while hiking in the forest.

I did not spend time questioning who the messenger was- I only observed that what I was being shown and taught was beneficial for me in many ways, so I paid attention to the messages instead.

Now, much later, I do not hear that voice as a separate being.

Here is a possibility to consider-

There is not really any other being studying you, there is you, a higher, larger you, which is having experiences in a (or many) vehicles right now. The old man may be a symbol (archetype) your mind associates with the voice to illustrate wisdom, knowledge, larger experience or perception. It might be your own "soul".... the other people might be other parts of you. The motivation to stay present with the lessons is the will to expand. The desire to spiritually evolve.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yes, it's very possible and even likely. The strange anomalies mostly suggest this line of thought.

I, too, have awakened to the impression I was being observed by people somewhere more "real." I "laughed" it off as a dream and shook my head... but at some intuitive level, I was at least a little convinced of it's realness.

So row, row row your boat...

edit on 9/20/2014 by Baddogma because: more coherence

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- It reads as if You were "awakened" Think back to 'The Maya Prophecy' 2012.. When 'many' were thinking it was "The End" What was Your thoughts?
Your 'dream state' (REM) is usually when One gets their 'directions' and I mention this because of You describing the link betwixt You/Higher You. Like the "body" You are currently occupying is an 'Avatar'.. Have You also noticed that the instances of "Deja Vu" or 'synchronicity' have also increased?

If what I've typed makes sense, please see Your "In Box" as I've sent You personal mail regarding more info.

Mother Earth being a "living being" must also evolve and She has shifted from the 3rd dimension/chakra into the 4th, as She evolved 'many' got an upgrade at the same time, it should've really increased with the recent Mercury Retrograde...

namaste

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Some folks will say that you were simply dreaming. Others will say that your experience is an innate quest of the human spirit to "find," "know," and "discover" its destiny, etc. Others will say that you have been selected for this experience and you should relish the chance to venture further. But use caution. The invitation to delve too deeply into such matters can be destructive to your entire person. Being choses by spiritual PTB for the journey does not mean, necessarily, that you are special in any way. merely that you were one of many chosen (perhaps more or less at random).

As a youngster, I repeatedly had such dreams, making my way along, up a steep and difficult incline. Time after time I had that dream, with a determination to make it to top because there was something happen there. Something I want to experience Eventually, I did make it to the top and found myself standing with a wise one that explained what I saw spread below as far as the eye could see.

What was the dream all about? I believe that it had many aspects, lessons, insights, and avenues of thought that simply are missing in the normal, everyday world through which we must drudge. After almost a livetime now, I can emphatically say that the experience(s) didn't make me a millionaire, a super-brained human or even a decent human being. What it did was give me a perspective far and away from that of regular humans with which I live. It made me different, and I have never, ever, regretted that shift in my consciousness.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I absolutely believe we're being watched. We are someone's experiment, but I couldn't tell you who's in charge.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

YES.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks LAB,
I agree with you on the "spewing communications" part, especially. I have always thought that SETI never (except for the "WOW" signal) hears anything because the rest of the beings in the Cosmos know better that to broadcast there whereabouts. Maybe it really is a "dangerous" place out there...a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If it happens again, I will post about it. Thanks.a reply to: olaru12

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow, thank you. I hope you're right.a reply to: Bluesma

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When you crack into your dreams, sometimes you can enter another realm where other sentience exists.

top topics

join