It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly Speculative Conspiracy Theories Can Be Dangerous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash
Life is dangerous. Any number of crazy, whacked out things can happen to any one us on a daily basis. So I'm going to stop living? I don't think so. There are always going to be those who do stupid and crazy things with little to no evidence for their actions. Such as the guy who killed his wife for having an affair. Come to find out, she was arranging a surprise party for him.

It happens. And it's why we need to be open to all possibilities, but no so open that our brains fall out of our heads.

Be suspicious! Not rabid!

edit on 9/20/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Oh, wait, it is!

He was so ahead of his time with that prediction.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

GMOs fluoride fast food easy credit TV also help to keep people slowed down and compliant

Don't forget drugs and alcohol.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Good point

GMOs fluoride fast food easy credit TV also help to keep people slowed down and compliant

All of which are readily available in a tiny village in South eastern guinea

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is not much out there that can not be dangerous at some point.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

If you are looking for static consistency and coherence from me, you are going to have a hard time. I am a creature in flux and while I don't flip flop on many issues in my real life, I only hold onto an idea long enough for it to suit me. Often I take a position online for reasons other than the normal ego drama people like to play out. It is better to work through an idea and to grow in your understanding of it by becoming a position and living it out to its logical conclusion. I am many people online. I engage in social media for humor, for right wing politics, for liberalism, for liberty, for economics, for science, for mysticism, and I'll probably create alter-personas in the future as my interests develop and expand. If I ever tried to present myself in a social setting as I truly am, I would frustrate people with all of my many apparent contradictions.

I network with revolutionaries on the deep web. I've hung out with militants and anarchists in real life. I've broken many of your laws and I've lived the life of a semi-normal person contributing to your society in what would be considered acceptable methods. This world is a buffet and to be small enough to be definable by a single archetype is a humiliating condition. People don't understand chimeric individuals. We change masks like you change articles of clothing, and at the end of the day we are left wondering who we really are. When we choose a cause, it becomes us. That is the beauty of life. It tests us and forces us to fly our true banners.

The mystics of the past used to hold a great deal of hostility for the brazen ones who could walk in many circles. Getting us to become ensnared by this world and to produce our offspring here was their highest ambition. Once I began to approach an understanding of what they were really getting at, it was game over for that trick. There are many others, but I've learned to embrace my ethereal nature with love. The ego slaves on this planet are truly living in darkness and the self-immolators have gone off the deep end. As crazy as I might seem at times, I'm the only person I know who soared like Icarus and came out of the situation largely intact.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OP, quote:

originally posted by: Nechash

Why is it that people will kill others over paranoia, but they won't lift a finger to prevent injustices that occur every day? There is something inherently spoiled about the nature of people, and I just can't put my finger on it. It is like no one will get off their ass to improve the world, but they'll go out of their way to make things more complicated and tragic. Evidence like this really makes it difficult to maintain an optimistic populist attitude.

You asked why they haven't lifted a finger to prevent injustices, since you correlate Guinea with Conspiracy Theories in the First Wold(which is straw man any which way you put it). Here is your answer, they have stood up, because they believe their country is not being run right.

2013 violence In February 2013, the Guinean opposition party announced it would be stepping down from the electoral process due to a lack of transparency over the company used in registering voters. Calling on citizens to protest nationwide, the ensuing week saw multiple clashes between police and protesters, resulting in at least nine deaths, some of those due to live fire from security forces.[23][24]

-more about it at the source

I network with revolutionaries on the deep web. I've hung out with militants and anarchists in real life. I've broken many of your laws and I've lived the life of a semi-normal person contributing to your society in what would be considered acceptable methods. This world is a buffet and to be small enough to be definable by a single archetype is a humiliating condition. People don't understand chimeric individuals. We change masks like you change articles of clothing, and at the end of the day we are left wondering who we really are. When we choose a cause, it becomes us. That is the beauty of life. It tests us and forces us to fly our true banners.

(Cut for large quote.) Thanks, that is very telling.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Well, it should be telling. This world seeks to impose conformity. For once in my life, I'd like to be somewhat myself, to express the things I actually want to instead of the things I must. I've looked out into this world and other than my family, which is a very small group of people, I've yet to find any place where I actually belong. You keep your lips closed tightly enough for long enough and soon you cut yourself off from everyone, limiting who you could become in relation to the people of this world. Hell, maybe I will find another brazen one out there drifting somewhere uninitiated. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
THE only way to fix in the current paradigm is to KILL ,the bigger the change the more dead. I am an American Warrior we have been planting people for YEARS to effect control for liars,now that the internet has shown their garbage we can get after THEM.

THEY are, however, STILL IN power ,so until that fight starts we'll just have to see.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

If you are looking for static consistency and coherence from me, you are going to have a hard time. I am a creature in flux and while I don't flip flop on many issues in my real life, I only hold onto an idea long enough for it to suit me. Often I take a position online for reasons other than the normal ego drama people like to play out. It is better to work through an idea and to grow in your understanding of it by becoming a position and living it out to its logical conclusion. I am many people online. I engage in social media for humor, for right wing politics, for liberalism, for liberty, for economics, for science, for mysticism, and I'll probably create alter-personas in the future as my interests develop and expand. If I ever tried to present myself in a social setting as I truly am, I would frustrate people with all of my many apparent contradictions.

The mystics of the past used to hold a great deal of hostility for the brazen ones who could walk in many circles. Getting us to become ensnared by this world and to produce our offspring here was their highest ambition. Once I began to approach an understanding of what they were really getting at, it was game over for that trick. There are many others, but I've learned to embrace my ethereal nature with love. The ego slaves on this planet are truly living in darkness and the self-immolators have gone off the deep end. As crazy as I might seem at times, I'm the only person I know who soared like Icarus and came out of the situation largely intact.

Ah, you are a fantasist, got it o7

top topics

<< 1   >>

join