It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly Speculative Conspiracy Theories Can Be Dangerous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Almost every time a new disease emerges or one changes to become worse, there is a small group of very outspoken people who promote the theory that the disease was manufactured by one government, secret group or another. This might seem humorous to outsiders like myself, and it seems like harmless idiocy until something like this happens. Coupled with a news story earlier about a similar group of vigilantes ransacking a clinic, liberating sick people and stealing contaminated supplies, some people are only increasing the dangers posed to them and might end up accelerating the spread of the disease due to their misguided paranoia.

Unfortunately, the WHO is operated by a mixed racial group which includes white people and some of these countries have such racist propaganda on a daily basis that some of their citizens seem to view all white people as a hostile force seeking to injure them in any way possible. I can't necessarily blame them for their feelings towards Caucasians. Were I a black African, I would probably be outright anti-white, but it is counterproductive in this instance.

Why is it that people will kill others over paranoia, but they won't lift a finger to prevent injustices that occur every day? There is something inherently spoiled about the nature of people, and I just can't put my finger on it. It is like no one will get off their ass to improve the world, but they'll go out of their way to make things more complicated and tragic. Evidence like this really makes it difficult to maintain an optimistic populist attitude.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Fear and ignorance.

A bad combo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Maybe also the result of keeping people in the dark about whats going on for so long.

Haven't we noticed? How come the news channels can run 24/7 and tell us less and less?

If you knew what was really going on out there, you'd be storming your local government demanding change.

Can't have that now can we?

Here have some more dumb down sauce.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

HIV was developed by the US military. Cancer which was very rare in the early 1900’s has become an epidemic today. Many of the suffers from cancer today got the first polio shots back in the 50’s. Is it any wonder people do not trust the US government.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

"HIV was developed by the US military. "

Care to back that up with proof? I haven't seen any facts that proves that at all.

edit on 19/9/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

What does 8 Guinean citizens being murdered by superstitious and ignorant "people" have to do with the US government?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

You're not saying cancer is man made are you ?

We all have cancer cells in us. It's the things we consume that cause cancer cells to become active. Some things that activate these cells are smoking, processed foods, plastic bottles, using technology for extended amounts of time. E.g Iphone, Laptop. Most everything in the 21st century activates cancerous cells. We didn't have much of these items before the 1900's.

Coincidence ? No

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The more "outrageous" ones are often true and the truth is really bizarre. As for diseases coming out of labs, they do.

And weather is not natural either anymore. These may seem outrageous, but this is the reality we're in. Not only do I think it, but speak up as well because people have to start getting this, its the only hope we have.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, then I guess the majority of the ATS community that has actually come here to deny ignorance has nothing to worry about. The majority of the members here pride themselves on presenting debates based on evidence, informed conjecture, MSM reports or other credible information.

Very few people on this site grasp at straws just for fun and when they do, they are shut down very fast. I can think of a couple forum sites this post would better suited to be posted actually.

Can't remember just which ones though.... Hmmmmmmm

edit on 19-9-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Here have some more dumb down sauce.

awesome does that come in barbecue flavor?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

MSM reports as credible information.

A journalist friend was told to get a particular story. She drove hundreds of miles to the site. Asked around and found the alleged story was a vast exaggeration of a yearly occurrence. So she rang the editor and explained.

His response was, "I told you to get a story on chaos at ....... Get the story or you're out of a job."

She invented the story.

Credible? Only if you're masochistically naive.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The government told lies about _

Vietnam , J.f.k , Pearl Harbor , the bay of pigs ,Weapons of mass destruction , Iraq ,Afganistan ,9-11 , Sandy hook ,
could go on but i would bore you

Go back to sleep all is ok slllleeeppp

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If you knew what was really going on out there, you'd be storming your local government demanding change

Good point

GMOs fluoride fast food easy credit TV also help to keep people slowed down and compliant

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Care to back that claim up. Who what when where and how.
Or next time start your post with once upon a time...a reply to: Kester

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Another way to look at it is since corruption in governments has reached truly epic proportions, a highly speculative conspiracy theory is quite a bit more likely to really be true!

And when you have agents with guilty consciences running around like now, they are even more afraid of being caught, and so they are much more vocal against those crazy conspiracy theorists! You know?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Considering that I have seen you state that the UK will be a Muslim state in the near future, this thread is loaded with irony.

Highly speculative conspiracy theories are highly dangerous, including those based on ignorance and fear that marginalise and prejudice innocent people as well as ignoring the facts.

Meh.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 20-9-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

HIV was developed by the US military. Cancer which was very rare in the early 1900’s has become an epidemic today. Many of the suffers from cancer today got the first polio shots back in the 50’s. Is it any wonder people do not trust the US government.

Thank you for illustrating the OP's point so perfectly. Fear, ignorance and paranoia like that make people do stupid things.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

"HIV was developed by the US military. "

Care to back that up with proof? I haven't seen any facts that proves that at all.

Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence...

Aside from that have you ever seen conclusive proof that it was a human shagging an ape that started this?

I haven't...

Better yet...

Is it purely a homosexual or sodomy genetic of origin?
Why didn't the Greeks have AIDS...

Did the fist human shag an ape in the late 1900s....
Or did it happen more frequently in caveman days and just never created AIDS?

The current theory just doesn't hold any weight! Imo!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There is also the theory that HIV is just a normal virus and the drugs to treat it are often what kills the immune system. It also helps that most of those with advanced HIV/AIDS abuse drugs and generally do not take care of their body which makes them even more vulnerable.

I've done some HIV research and it leaves me scratching my head. I personally think the medical establishment is not being completely honest about the virus and how it affects the human body.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join