It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy investigates, following more torture pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

More pics here

mparent7777.blog-city.com...

Your moral high ground has been dragged through the muck and the only people who believe that it still exists are people who watch the US media and only get 1/3 of the news.

"Why is daddy sodomizing that Iraqi, mommy?"
"For freedom, Billy, for freedom."

Pathetic and again, inflammatory to not only Muslims, but anyone with any modicum of decency and respect.

When does it end?

jako

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hey, Jakomo:

"Navy: Some SEALs photos show approved tactics"

www.cnn.com...

The photos show nothing but detainee's. No abuse there. Dont confuse detainee's with abused detainee's. Its war people, we dont treat prisoners like they are on vacation. It is not fun, but dont assume its abuse because they arent smiling being fed grapes by supermodels sitting in a limo.

Bleeding heart liberals, sheesh....

Dont you have some puppies to save? Maybe a tree or two?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The photos show nothing but detainee's. No abuse there. Dont confuse detainee's with abused detainee's. Its war people, we dont treat prisoners like they are on vacation. It is not fun, but dont assume its abuse because they arent smiling being fed grapes by supermodels sitting in a limo.

Are you looking at the same pictures I am? Posed iraqis with hoods on and blood streaming down their faces and chests as US Navy Seals pose and ham for the camera, doing thumbs up gestures?

I'd love to hear your definition of abuse.

According to the Geneva Convention you cannot take pics of POWs. But I forgot, the US doesn't need to follow the Geneva Conventions, because they don't give a crap about anybody, not even their own soldiers (see Lawrence Tillman).

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just FYI, the Geneva Convention does allow several reasons for taking pictures of POWs, including identification and administrative purposes. I'm just mentioning it in the interest of journalistic completion.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You read the link Jak? They Navy is publicly stating it wasnt abuse and the photos are within current standards of detainee treatment. You have no idea why some are bleeding. You ASSUME it happenned while they were tied up and detained. Dont you understand a FIGHT insued prior to these people being detained? How many of your beloved detainee's had guns pointing and fireing at these Seals prior to becoming detainees? You think the Seals just asked them to become a detainee?

"Please sir, put down your gun so we can capture you, that OK with you?" "Here, sit on these silk pillows in our private jet while we transport you individually to your holding suites..." "You get enough filet mignon to eat?"

Look, they fought, some were killed for sure, the ones that survived became detainee's. You bind and secure detainee's. Some were beat up or wouded from the fight. You may even need to transport detainee's. Packed tightly in a truck is a more than acceptable form of transporting captured combatants.

Please explain to me the abuse here?

These pics are LIGHT YEARS from the Abu pics.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
skippy:

Look, they fought, some were killed for sure, the ones that survived became detainee's. You bind and secure detainee's. Some were beat up or wouded from the fight. You may even need to transport detainee's. Packed tightly in a truck is a more than acceptable form of transporting captured combatants.

Please explain to me the abuse here?

These pics are LIGHT YEARS from the Abu pics.

READ the article, don't just look at the pictures.

The U.S. military has launched a criminal investigation into photographs that appear to show Navy SEALs in Iraq sitting on hooded and handcuffed detainees, and photos of what appear to be bloodied prisoners, one with a gun to his head.

Torture.

One man is lying on his back with a boot on his chest. A mug shot shows a man with an automatic weapon pointed at his head and a gloved thumb jabbed into his throat. In many photos, faces have been blacked out. What appears to be blood drips from the heads of some. A family huddles in a room in one photo and others show debris and upturned furniture.

Some of the photos recall aspects of the images from Abu Ghraib, which led to charges against seven soldiers accused of humiliating and assaulting prisoners. In several of the photos obtained by the AP, grinning men wearing U.S. flags on their uniforms, and one with a tattoo of a SEAL trident, take turns sitting or lying atop what appear to be three hooded and handcuffed men in the bed of a pickup truck.

A reporter found the photos, which since have since been removed from public view, while researching the prosecution of a group of SEALs who allegedly beat prisoners and photographed one of them in degrading positions. Those photos, taken with a SEAL's personal camera, haven't been publicly released.

John Hutson, a retired rear admiral who served as the Navy's Judge Advocate General from 1997 to 2000, said they suggested possible Geneva Convention violations. Those international laws prohibit souvenir photos of prisoners of war.

"It's pretty obvious that these pictures were taken largely as war trophies," Hutson said. "Once you start allowing that kind of behavior, the next step is to start posing the POWs in order to get even better pictures."

You should be very proud of your fighting psychopaths. May your children never have to pay for these mens' evil deeds.

Once you have someone tied up and hooded, they are helpless. Sticking a gun in their face and posing makes you a coward. I guess you identify with that somehow? Please explain.

jako

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yup, those pictures show everything. Those poor innocent people. I bet they were feeding stray kittens when they were so abruptly caought. No way in the world thos people were doing anything wrong when they were caught, couldnt have been. I mean, look at the pictures right?

top topics

join