It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Jesse Uncensored: Crisis Against ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
a reply to: mindseye1609

What you say is true, but we have "trainers" "consultants" and an embassy complex on the ground in Iraq with lots or CIA operatives who know exactly what ISIS is doing at any given moment (not to mention real time satellite images). They could have called in an air strike on the equipment at any time and no one in the US would have made a peep. And what about the kill switches? Military vehicles have kill switches that can be activated when they are stolen / captured. Hell even Hertz has kill switches on their rental cars in case of theft.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
a reply to: JesseVentura

1) ISIS wants us there - therefore, it only feeds into their hand and benefits them, not us.

2) One good reason they might want us to go and fight them, is that it will create many innocent civilian casualties and therefore potentially increase exponentially the number of people willing to fight for ISIS.

3) There is no good outcome of us going and fighting there. None whatsoever.

4) Muslims are doing a fairly good job holding their own for the most part, and with Iran adding ground troops in Iraq - and hopefully later Syria, this will be a great help to the situation as a whole. Think about the one goal ISIS has spent the last two years fighting to accomplish and has yet to do... oust Assad. They cannot do that 1 thing... how can they hope to fulfill anything else.

Hell if it takes them two years to get one man, and they cannot do it - then they really aren't all that competent.

Muslims will come together and fix the problem in their way and their time. There is no need to add fuel to a fire that's already burning. Have patience, not everything can happen today.

edit on 19-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:01 PM
a reply to: buster2010

I think this is where most of the confusion comes into play. McCain being there doesn't mean the USA or the CIA is in on it or whatever. It means McCain is. Now what that means I don't even have a clue. Him and his rich buddies stoking the fire?

History shows us that its not just Christians that have a deep fear of Muslims. Islam has left a bad taste in the mouth of most of the developed world over the last 1400 years. I think this is why we are seeing what we are seeing. Deep down hidden away in the back of our subconsiousnesses we all want the evil in Islam extinguished.. One way or another.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
a reply to: Klipothian

I'm under the impression that a handful of these guys have done time training with us over the years and its nothing to disable a kill switch. It's not like its a block of c4. It just interrupts it somehow. Mechanical interrupters And electrical interrupters can all be worked around.

It's an amazingly fishy situation that I think has been planned for a while.

We don't want to give them too much credit but I reckon the ones in power are just giving Islam enough rope to hang itself with. That's all.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:25 PM

originally posted by: JesseVentura
What do you make of the current situation in Iraq and Syria?

i don't care, and I'm not the only one.

There are too many problems in America that needs fixing. If others want to go overseas and deem it necessary, then it's clear that they don't care about America.

I am nowhere near the only one who feels this way.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:26 PM

Giving Islam enough rope?

Have you noticed its Muslims dying at the hands of a bunch of white people, Americans, Germans, British, and so forth?

At current moment, you will be hard pressed to find a Muslim who doesn't believe ISIS is not the baby of these western countries, since its their citizens gone abroad and killing Muslim people.

Islam is a damn excuse - if you look at who is doing all the dying I think you have your answer.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:29 PM
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I was of the opinion to annihilate ISIL. I was beginning to froth at the mouth and actually looked into joining the CA armed forces. Even at my age lol. But then somehow my opinion began to shift after watching an ISIS documentary where they bragged about luring the states in to make them spend more cash. It was at live leak I saw it. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
With all due respect sir, you of all people should be more mindful of our guys i.e. Special Ops and Special Forces that have to clean up this mess! Does it help them at all if their own military brothers are not willing to help them out? Bottom line Obama committed these guys and as usual they treated like crap!!

When I say our govt. committed these guys and it was not their choice I know what I am talking about! with that said our great Community Organizer has once again tied their hands and made a defeat almost impossible!

What do you think it does for the moral of these guys, regardless of who created IS ....lives could be lost because OBOZO has made this whole thing political!

For once can't we at least support the men who are willing to lay down their lives for you? They could use a little help!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:34 PM
a reply to: FlySolo

It's damn hard not to want to go fight them.... damn hard. And I'm like you... older - plus I have the added benefit of being a woman. But I'm still a damn good shot so I think maybe...

But I am not going to go. They want the fight. It WILL benefit them. I wont let him (al-baghdadi the evil one) suck me into it. Plus, I'm American, to me, that comes first. So I will be HERE, if the fight comes to our door.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:34 PM
It's a complex situation. But it is certain that a power vacuum occurred and ISIS filled it. Did the U.S. contribute to or even cause this? I'd say yes. Why? That is the question to answer.

edit on 19-9-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
a reply to: JesseVentura

ISIS has been around for over a decade. And yes, the US and it's partners helped create it when we overthrew Saddam. I remember reading various reports and receiving OP orders/FRAGOs throughout my tours there. They were the remnants of Saddam's more hard-core followers.

Can't say I'm scared of them, though I do fear for any one within their reach.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

The leader who led them prior to 2010 died in April of 2010. Now the new one who took his place, says he is prophetic in nature, a prophesied leader who is now with us.

The problem with that, is that if his followers really paid attention to their prophetic literature, they would know before the "good guy" showed up... the "bad guy" would reek havoc and have much blood on his hands.

If what al-baghdadi says is true, and his words and actions have not given me reason to doubt that it is, then he is the bad guy, knows it - and VERY proud of it.

But as my husband says... he probably doesn't even believe in God, let alone any prophecy. I agree with that too... his God is himself. He will pay someday for his crimes against innocent people... one way or another.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:51 PM

At the moment it's Muslims or what Isis would probably call fake Muslims. And it's Christian's. it's basically everyone who disagrees with Isis being the big stick carrier of the moment.

What do you reckon would happen if Isis was allowed a stronghold to head north from? Who would die in turkey?

This paints a pretty good picture.

Islam and war

Even the first instance of Islamic violence was when muhammed fled Mecca and recruited under the blade and army to start jihad. From day one the tactics have been similar to now. It's not just Christians they kill but all kafirs. All less then true Muslims must die for their mission to e successful.... Since day one this has been the SoP of Islam.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM

I learned Islam from different sources. I don't take religion from those who oppose it nor the ones who killed the Family of the Prophet. I do understand the religion from the Family of the Prophet of Islam. And none of them went around killing people - and self defense is not murder.

Although... I didn't think demonizing Islam was the point of the thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM

That's not at all what I'm doing.

Wanna demonize the Christians? Look up the waldencians. Just as brutal as anything Islam has even done.

Jesse even talks about religion being the bad guy for just a second. It's extremism on both sides that needs to be stamped out.

The point of my posts pointing out the violent past of Islam is to dispel the myth that Islam is a religion of peace.... There is NOOO religion of peace. If your willing to hold concrete ideals you will eventually war with someone who holds other concrete ideas.

Common sense needs to prevail. We shouldn't be killing Isis because they are Islamic AND we most certainly can't ignore the fact that they are either. It's a virus along side all forms of extremism that needs to be admitted to before it can ever be cured without complete genocide.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:09 PM

I'm married to a christian. I don't find him overly violent either.

We both have this odd ability to be quite normal, and don't go around thinking murder is okay.

Members of ISIS should be killed to protect those who are innocent who could die at their hand. This is why/when we kill, to protect those who cannot protect themselves from the sicko's of this world. No different than making sure a serial killer cannot ever kill another human being.

That is what ISIS is, a bunch of sicko serial killers loose upon the innocent.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM

Exactly that's common sense right there. It wasn't some book that taught you or him that. If either of you followed your books to the T you would be a much livelier household tho that's for sure.

Your not extremists and that's our only hope at a peaceful future. "Call yourself whAtever just don't mess with others"

Unfortunately right now tho there is a very large well armed group of devout extremist Muslims that believe they are doing exaclty what their prophet muhammed wanted them to do. Doing exactly as him and his family did. This needs to be addressed and the Muslim aspect needs to be discussed and resolved or this will just keep happening. Some group of muslims will be frustrated with the inaction of the lesser peaceful Muslims and they will rise again.

Here in America and elsewhere we have Christianity pretty well tamed. Extremist Christians are much much fewer then in years past and with today's youth I see the number dropping rapidly.

The Muslim youth tho? They get brought right into the extremist dogfight wayyyy too much.

I don't know how we can resolve this. I really wish i did. It's been a long time of this and we are never going to truly live up to our potential if we don't figure out something quik

edit on 19-9-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM

You know... I used to work trying to get some of these people out of these extremist groups... I have a LOT of stories I tell you.

But most don't want out... nor do they care what the religion teaches. It's not about religion for them, its about belonging.

There was a prison convert, a black girl I liked a lot and felt responsible for her somehow.. and I tried so hard with her - I introduced her around, took her to more than one mosque - the non-extremist normal kinds. I taught her about religion, sat and explained and answered her questions...

I never could get her away from them. In the end she looked at me and said she knew I was teaching her right, and that she believed what I taught her about the religion - but that she didn't feel comfortable at the mosques I had taken her to, she said she felt out of place and didn't feel like she fit in.

She told me she fit in at the extremist place - she said there she felt a part of the group rather than an outsider. And so she stayed with them, not caring that they didn't teach the religion right.

You know... I cried for her that day. She wasn't the only one... none of them care about religion at all.

I don't know other than being kind and accepting and welcoming and spending time with people - how to make them feel like they fit in. I don't know how to do that. Apparently the extremists do.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:52 PM
US could not attack Assad and Syria before so now it is Assad attack 2.0 with ISIS as the barbaric Wahabbi fanatics giving US a new way to do their Saudi Arabian masters their bidding for the gas line to EU. But then US is screwed if they do not comply over the Petrodollar. Good played by Saudi Arabia creating the problem so you can get the solution you want.

US troops is now days just another mercenary troop working for the corporate interest of the few. Selling their souls for Mammon.

You want real peace in the Middle east. Go after the ones making money on oil and gas including the Bush family and all other corrupt politician's and nsa/cia people who have been creating these messes for greed. They are traitor to all humanity and should be looked up for life.
edit on 19-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:23 PM
I like how jesse says why are we shocked about war cries when we've already been there for over 10 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>