It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Marine Speaks Out Against “Perpetual” Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The ISIS beheadings are “bait” for the claims Matthew Hoh, a former Marine, Iraq War veteran and the first U.S. Official to quit his post in Afghanistan over the war. Hoh offers an insider’s take on the Mideast crisis – and blames our “cowardly” leadership in both parties for playing right into Al Qaeda’s hands.

Agree or disagree?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

The ISIS beheadings are “bait” for... the claims Matthew Hoh

Bait for the what?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 19-9-2014 by Blowback because: wrong thread

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Jesse I thought about it for a few moments but still couldn't shake the idea that this guy is full of some......crap.... on some important parts of his reasoning. For me anyone that bemoans the days of Sadam as the good ol days is simply supporting what they probably bitched about 15 years ago. How about all those mass graves we dug up over there. Sadams ruling methods. You want to go back to that?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

He still didn't get it.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

This guy makes a lot of sense and I definitely agree with everything he says. He's absolutely correct when he says...

"we align ourselves with the most corrupt people possible in these countries, and than we act shocked when these insurgencies spring up against them."

I also created a thread on how I felt the ISIS beheading's are being used to create fear and support for a war against ISIS. I also believe it's a way to continue to have a military occupation in the middle east. It's amazing how after watching this interview with this former marine, I find my views concur with his analysis of our military expenditures, war and use of the media to create fear for supporting an engagement in conflicts.

I have to agree with you Jesse, having grown up during the Vietnam era, these conflicts are very similar to the war in Vietnam. We started sending military advisers, and than we found are selves in a quagmire fighting an unconventional war. Our young men were fighting an enemy that blended in with the general population. We're heading down the same road, and our ignorant politicians, even those that served in Vietnam are blind to that fact. I think John McCain is still bitter about being a prisoner of war and is so bent on using military force for any rising political tensions.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay so let me ask ya'll this, It is a known fact that we have our special forces in the Mid East trying to deal with IS with their hands tied behind their back because of this administration and mainly "OBOZO" They are just like these guys mentioned in this threat....The only difference is THEY ARE THERE ACTUALLY FIGHTING!! So while these guys sit and whine, I am sure our Special Forces, Special Ops would welcome the help!! I mean come on!! They could use a little back up!...So sell your books and sign your petitions but don't turn your backs on your brothers WHO ARE ALWAYS THERE PROTECTING YOU!!

It is bad enough that the ASS Hat Community Organizer will not support our Military but when it comes to one of their own.....That is just shameful!

Pax

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Let's take a look at who Matthew Hoh is!! He wrote this article for the Washington Post!

Stop Persecuting Bowe Bergdahl
He and his parents have suffered enough—like all of us veterans.
By MATTHEW HOH
June 30, 2014

politico.com

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And i love what he says about al queda having ONLY 200 people.......The Nazi Party started with only 100 and they managed to kill over 6,000,000 men women and children!

Pax

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I completely agree!

IMO The US has appointed itself as the watch dog of the world, so it uses brute force to bring about self-serving changes, but its attempts to manipulate world events have been counter productive and self destructive.

Unfortunately, the US has swallowed its own propaganda, so even its own leaders can't see with any clarity of vision what they are doing, or perceive the resulting overall effects of those actions.

The vets, despite all the hoo-hah rhetoric of the government and the drums of patriotism, are very poorly served. As are the civilians of all the countries involved.

The politicians of those times, got away with Vietnam and the politicians of today, will get away with Afghanistan and Iraq - no one has, or is being, held accountable for, what amounts to, treason!

Unfortunately the leaders of other equally-misguided countries are following suit...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

The Nazi Party started with only 100 and they managed to kill over 6,000,000 men women and children!

Man, wow, in your haste to post did your really mean to say that the only casualties of WWII were the alleged 6 Million Holocaust jews. No-one else died out of the Allied nations? Huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed that,Gentiles are not figured in that account one would assume

On topic,these stupid foolish wars have been a blight on our armed forces and tarnished both our countries reputations

The army used to be a good career choice,but now our poor lads who let's not forget are eager to soldier on the field are being used in new wars occupying foreign countries where the population will not all come out and throw flowers at our feet

Must be realy hard for them mentally and obviously so emotional after the tour when they count their losses

Think the old slogan for the army was "join the army see the world" now it's see the Middle East for consecutive tours

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Jesse I thought about it for a few moments but still couldn't shake the idea that this guy is full of some......crap.... on some important parts of his reasoning. For me anyone that bemoans the days of Sadam as the good ol days is simply supporting what they probably bitched about 15 years ago. How about all those mass graves we dug up over there. Sadams ruling methods. You want to go back to that?

You use words like 'we' and 'you want to go back to that?'

Please tell me when you or any of your friends/family lived under Saddam??? This whole America saves the world mentality needs to die right now.

When people desire freedom, THEY and only THEY can give it to themselves!!

Don't pretend America goes around the world helping other like a charity. We are not Mother Teresa. We do it for our own selfish interests, never anything less.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Yea Sadam needed to go for other reasons, any number of reasons.

However my response was to folks that like to say that Iraq was better off under Sadam. You will see the same in other places whining about liberty and the constitution in the US......but its ok for those dumbasses to live under a strong man.

Oh wow my countries so F-ed up that I got to live off the grid......but those guys over there are better off under a strong man. We have no bizz over there but am going to live in one of the most corrupt nations on earth in protest.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
and your point is ?????
a reply to: paxnatus

top topics

join