It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you need to know about Terrorist Rat Poison Bombs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I debated long and hard about telling you all about this stuff. Even asked one of the mods for an opinion on if I should or not. In the end I decided it was better you know than not. Hopefully/God-willing none of us will ever have to use this information. So here's goes.

Under no circumstances should anyone touch or move an object that may be an explosive – no matter how much you think you know about bombs. This should only be undertaken by bomb squad or EOD or other highly qualified personnel!

No, I'm not going to teach anyone how to make a bomb. But with the resurgence of terror groups like ISIS making threats against the West. There are a few things you should know to keep you and your family safe.

Excerpt from a bomb awareness training seminar for first responders.

If you walked into a home on a routine call and noticed that all the metal in the house; utensils, doorknobs, and hardware were all rusty would you know that this is a strong indicator of a chemical reaction from preparing a bomb?

As seen in the Boston bombing, pressure cookers, have replaced schedule 40 pipe as the packaging of choice, but there in Iraq bomb makers learned to hide their IED is some rather ordinary everyday things, things that belonged. Things like concrete curbs and K-rails. Don't limit yourself to looking for the obvious, like a backpack, shopping bag or box.

Still...Any suspicious object --- an abandoned bag/suitcase with or without visible wires, a gas canister, or even a shopping bag should require an immediate evacuation of the area and notification of said suspicious object to the proper authorities. That's right from the manual !

The suicide bomber vest is constructed by making a wooden mold on to which is placed the shrapnel content(Nails, bolts,, ball barrings, door hinges etc). The (usually) plastic explosive is then rolled over the shrapnel like a layer of dough. This content is placed into a vest and is detonated.

That too is from the manual but just as often a vest can be something as simple as a black-powder filled pipe bomb in a jacket pocket. Six of those seems to be the magic number for suicide bomber but things change so Don't assume!

You can view an Al Qaeda training video Here

Before we move on, keep in mind the double bomb is kind of a new standard. As seen in Boston, one bomb is used to lure in rescuers, or herd victims into a kill zone. That’s when they set off the second bomb.

Typically a lone bomber on foot carries an explosive charge that ranges from 11-29 lbs. for a vest or a bag.
That's not much and to give you a comparison lets take a quick peek at the ATF Car Bomb Table and see just how much explosive is needed to increase the kill zone. (Table is based on the use of ANFO)

the very first car listed has 500 pounds of explosive and creates a kill zone of 100 feet. That's 50 times more explosive than carried in a vest and to increase that kill zone to 125 feet... it requires twice as much explosives, 1000 pounds!

ATF Website

So vests and bag bombs are only good for a few yards, and the bad guys know that. But they have a rather nasty way of hedging the effectiveness of their smaller packages.

Rat Poisson!

It was very early, 2001, 2002 in Israel when some very evil bomb maker discovered the main ingredient in rat poison is an Anticoagulant.
Anticoagulant is a fancy doctor word that means it stops your blood from clotting. In other words you just keep bleeding, even from minor wounds. (In a hospital they will treat your with a factor VIII clotting agent, same stuff they give to hemophiliacs). This too is par and parcel right out of the Al Qaeda training video. We've seen this, “Rat Poison Bomb” in IED's there in Iraq. They coat their shrapnel in rat poison so that even a minor wound has the potential to make a victim bleed out, usually internally. It was also used in the 2011 Seattle bombing by a home grown nut job skinhead as well.

Most combat medics are aware of that nasty trick. But it's not part of the normal training curriculum for first responders here in the west. And that is what I really wanted to talk you all about.

TPTB keep a tight lid on this rat poison deal to the detriment of all,,, If first responders are not given all the facts they need to save lives we are all the poorer for it. Add to that, emergency medical personal, Paramedics, nurses, doctors, are going to have their hands full with multiple trauma cases. Where the walking wounded might be left out in the ER waiting room for hours. A victim of a Rat Poison Bomb might bleed out in that waiting room before anyone realized what was going on.

No I'm not giving away any state secrets here. The bad guys already know all about it. But now you know too; and forewarned is forearmed. So if you or anyone you know finds yourself a victim let your doctors know about Rat Poison Bombs. In fact I suggest you take it a step further and forward a copy of this thread to your local firefighters and police. So they too know about this subject. For them there is a great deal of info available from DHS and ATF. I've never looked but I'm pretty sure treatment is well covered, esp by the doctors in Iraq and Israel.
Rat Poision Ingredents

Also, During the past two years, the United States Air Force’s Force Protection Battle lab (FPB) has managed a project that has resulted in a blast visualization tool that is simple to use, produces results quickly, and displays the product in a 3-D graphic representation.

This product is called the Force Protection Planner (FPP) is used to determine Perimeters and blast distances between security fences and key buildings. Besides security it also lets first responders know how far to stay back.

So the tools are there, now we just need to get the word out.
edit on 19-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow there's something i would never have known? Thanks for the info I hope it helps save a life or many lives. In this day and age they should teach kids in school about IED's and what to look for. They used to tech kids "Duck and Cover" During the Cuban missile crisis so why not now teach about things like this? It might save lives? But it might also increase the never ending encroachment of the "Nanny State".

S+F
edit on 9/19/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

What you need to know about Bee stings

Bee stings kill as many people in Britain as terrorist attacks do, according to a report by a Government watchdog
He added that the threat is sometimes “exaggerated for political or commercial purposes”,

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'm glad you put this out there.

I've heard of this and other devious tricks used and quite honestly forgot about them.
There should be training to elevate first responders and ER doctors to these situations in place. It doesn't always have to be about sending more 'tanks' to our militarized police forces for protection. Proper training and awareness can be just as effective.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Vitamin K

Keep a bottle on hand.

Most people with pets know what vitamin k is for.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
But rat poison is "insignificant relative to other blast effects," said Dr. Michael Stein, trauma director at the Rabin Medical Center near Tel Aviv

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
what about the bombers infected with Hep B or HIV?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter

What you need to know about Bee stings

Bee stings kill as many people in Britain as terrorist attacks do, according to a report by a Government watchdog
He added that the threat is sometimes “exaggerated for political or commercial purposes”,

now why would political or commercial exaggerate Bee stings?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thats a pretty nasty way to make a shrapnel based bomb lethal indeed.

Increasing its lethal range far beyond the blast zone and with the additional of double bombs killing medical workers and security personnel, words cant describe how evil and the extreme lengths some people will go to, to hurt injure and kill people for a cause.

Even hitler didnt use means like this and thats saying somthing.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jryan06

Or Ebola? Go to the affected region, make sure to expose yourself, immediately travel to a more populated, Western country, become symptomatic, and detonate yourself. Not only do you get people in the blast, you create a very dangerous biohazard situation that will not be immediately evident, infecting first responders, survivors, investigators, and clean up crews.

That's the headline I've been waiting, but definitely not hoping, for.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: buddha
now why would political or commercial exaggerate Bee stings?

it's simple ,,Monsanto is trying to push the "Bee Threat " agenda ,too get rid of the bees and take over their business...

Whistleblower: Monsanto Wants to Kill The Bees To Make Way For Its Super-Bee

Monsanto planned to kill off bee colonies in order to introduce a “new and improved” species of bee

problem - reaction - solution
How The 'Problem-Reaction-Solution' Paradigm Works

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
That is the black swan

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jryan06
But rat poison is "insignificant relative to other blast effects," said Dr. Michael Stein, trauma director at the Rabin Medical Center near Tel Aviv

There's also dirt, grease and poop. They'd mix that in with the shrapnel. So even if you don't bleed out, you're still going to have a really bad infection requiring multiple surgeries.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: jryan06

Or Ebola? Go to the affected region, make sure to expose yourself, immediately travel to a more populated, Western country, become symptomatic, and detonate yourself. Not only do you get people in the blast, you create a very dangerous biohazard situation that will not be immediately evident, infecting first responders, survivors, investigators, and clean up crews.

That's the headline I've been waiting, but definitely not hoping, for.

Thats a very disturbing thought.

Lets hope that sort of thing doesnt happen. It does seem nothing is off limits to suisidal extremist groups

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The double bomb is at least as old as Vietnam....and probably on page one of the terrs handbook of bombing...so be aware....
Me? I am expecting Ebola bombs....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Who the hell would want to go around being afraid of everything all the time, like shopping bags in parking lots.

You have a lot better chance of dying in a car accident than dying to a terrorist.

Just trying to put things into perspective here.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the information which I had not sen before and am now better informed.

What gets me is the evil intent within the hearts of these people. Anyone who puts one of those hideous vests on willingly has lost their humanity and become less than human which should register somewhere in their addled brain as an insult to their their very soul.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There is a chance that this thread can save a life one day.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In regards to the Ebola bomb a few has mentioned wouldn't the heat and flames from blast kill off the virus?

Wouldn't it be easier for the terrorist to just go to and heavily populated area and walk around coughing and sneezing on people?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What if the people around you are idiots though? A few years back [but after 9/11], I worked in an office. When I went to the toilet there was a squarish looking, blue sports/carrier bag just sitting unattended in the corner. It looked completely out of place.
I have lived in Paris where handbag bombs were going off left right and centre. I went to N-Ireland where they sived through your bags because of bombs and I lived in London, where they were giving warnings about unattended luggage at every tube station. It's not that I was stating something irrational.

So I nearly pooped myself and went to see the supervisor. They were all in a meeting, so I told the receptionist and she said it wasn't important enough to disrupt the meeting. I disagreed and went in. Told them and was met by stupid stares, head-shakes and laughter.

After I left, amazed and worried, the receptionist came to me an hour [!] later to tell me that the bag belonged to one of the staff and had her sports-clothes in it and that I made a fuss over nothing.

Did I? Did I really make a fuss about nothing? This should have been handled better, I shouldn't have had to be the butt of jokes and if it had been a bomb, they'd all be dead because the bathroom was next to the meeting room.

edit on 20-9-2014 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join