It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Im no expert on ufos well im no expert on anything really.

Just looked at this article it does look like flying saucer but it looks like a cloud aswell

Im 50 50 on ufos seen some good pics but nothing that can give me that extra bit to believe so guys over to you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

It's a seagull ...sorry.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It does look a little out of place, could also be a awkward looking cloud.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Clouds don't "fly" faster than a plane, methinks.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

hmmm me thinks your right

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Surely the people of Portsmouth know what a seagull looks like! I agree that photo looks like bird

They do see a lot of the seagulls and i guess they don't have to be twitchers to know the difference between a bird and a object flying overhead fast

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: KROandSOTV

It's a seagull ...sorry.

It's a little too 'stretched' to be one of Phage's blurdies (I think), and it's not a cloud.

Looking at the picture again, the object it seems to have a wispy streamer, and if so is possibly moving left to right in the picture. Makes me wonder what direction the guy that took the picture would say it was going.
edit on 19-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And also it looks like it had a few people scratching their heads wondering what it was,and it's highly unlikely a seagull is going to fool anyone-don't go by the photo actualy read further on in the story and you can dismiss the seagull theory

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Btw thank you OP for the post as it's in the daily mail I would never have seen that,will be interesting to see what comes of this

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think that's a flying disc.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword
You're most welcome.
I will read all the right wing rags for you

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Would take the daily mail over the mirror and Guardian any day of the week!

My daughter and her husband are in Portsmouth this weekend so just told her to keep her eyes open

Just did a trawl for local sighting and apart from black kites and the planet Venus caught on video there isn't a lot to go on

I wonder if there will be any CCTV footage of it ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I live in Portsmouth, I haven't seen anything. Doesn't look like a seagull though! And I've never seen clouds of that shape here either.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
where is Portsmouth in relation to the rest of the U.K?. If it is down on the lower left side of the country there are lots and lots of ufo's sightings there. I see them on many of the ufo websites I observe regularly. On first impression this did look a bit like a lenticular cloud. The color is a bit off from surrounding clouds, but noted many comments that it was moving very fast. So I am not sold on the cloud answer here.
edit on 19pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Portsmouth is pretty much central on the south coast opposite of isle of white. Again I've never seen lenticular clouds here and I tend to look up at the sky fairly often.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If that's a seagull, all the witnesses are blind and I'd hate that thing to take a dump on me! Come on, something else maybe but not a seagull!!!!!
a reply to: gortex

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If it is a UFO, it is pretty large, definitely not your average sized one. I must say that it does look like a cloud even if it is a different darker grey colour. However, the (one) expert say that it isn't so I guess we have to believe them. I suppose if you want to build a secret machine, why not make it appear like a cloud?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That object is going fast. I can't see it being a seagull.

The front is dark but I think that's because it's facing away from the sun. And that's travelling very fast. Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Daily Mail has been here before:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It is, as Gortex rightly says, a seagull. The 'eyewitness accounts' are, in my opinion, a journalistic fabrication.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sorry you may be wrong the daily mail perhaps didn't make this story up they could be copying what was said the day before on a Portsmouth news site

The Portsmouth news site link is a day older than the mail link unless my ipad is playing up

That mail link with photo of seagull is cringe worthy lol how on earth could they run with that story when you can clearly see it's a bird!

Hold off on the Daily mail angle as it looks like their copying and pasting a story

top topics

<<   2 >>

join