It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientist: World Facing ‘Mini-Ice Age,’ starting early next year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hmmm, a mini ice age you say....

- Wood stove ? Check.
- Plenty of resources for firewood ? Check.
- Neverending source of potable water ? Check.
- Knowledge of the surrounding woodlands and edible flora ? Check.
- Plenty of hunting and fishing within the immediate area ? Check.
- Population of less than 3/km2 within a 300 km radius ? Check.
- 600 years worth of candles to light the way ? Check.
- Plenty of duct tape to hold it all together ? Check.
- Arctic boots and thermal undies clean and in good working condition ? Check.

I think I'm good to go.

Bring it on.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Meh...I am in Dallas. Will have to fight off the apocalyptoids and raid grocery stores for canned goods. Or eat other people...... lol

I like your check list!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I like your check list!

Yup, the duct tape is a do-or-die thing... Just ask Red Green !

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Russian scientists have always been pretty good about trying to inform the public. They were the first to openly discuss the incoming Nibiru phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

*facepalm*

Way to totally discredit the OP!

lol

Milankovitch was a Russian...they are not all wackos lol

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Good find Well acording to wiki he is a global warming skeptic. Keep in mind it's just a prediction TSI alone might not be enough to cool down our planet (I hope).

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: raytheo

If you mean solar irradiance.. Bear in mind that one of the major players in glaciation are variations in the Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession. When the cycles of all 3 result in reduced insolation the result has been glacial growth that lasts about 100k years.

The sun is, of course, a huge player in our climate.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Dang. Anthropogenic global warming strikes again. Just ask Al G.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

thanks for the answer. One only hopes that there will be no ice age in ones livetime. If it comes to that we (humanity) must decrease the albedo of the poles to increase temperature I guess

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well...we wont see glaciation (serious stuff) in our lifetime, but it would not be outside the realm of possibility that we might see the beginning of global cooling.

The period, in previous cycles, between the beginning of global warming and the onset of global cooling has been around 12-15k years. We have exceeded that this cycle.

So, perhaps hooray for man made co2? LOL

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: raytheo
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Good find Well acording to wiki he is a global warming skeptic. Keep in mind it's just a prediction TSI alone might not be enough to cool down our planet (I hope).

Anyone who doesn't believe in MMGW is a global warming skeptic. Now the trick is ... does he not believe for political reasons or because the science he does tells him that the sun has more effect than what we are doing?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Well...we wont see glaciation (serious stuff) in our lifetime, but it would not be outside the realm of possibility that we might see the beginning of global cooling.

The period, in previous cycles, between the beginning of global warming and the onset of global cooling has been around 12-15k years. We have exceeded that this cycle.

So, perhaps hooray for man made co2? LOL

Keep in mind that he's talking about a mini ice age, not the real thing. At worst, we'd see conditions more like what they were living through back during roughly 1350 to 1850. They were called Dickensian Christmases for a reason.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are in an ice age right now. We are in an interglacial period of warming. We have also exhausted the normal time frame from the beginning of global warming to the beginning of global cooling, roughtly 12k-15k years. It has been that long since global warming initiated.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Technicality. Yes, we are technically still in one, but it is true that we are coming up on being due for the next major glaciation.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The sun is, of course, a huge player in our climate.

I would say that's an understatement ... not to be contentious.

Personal to Ketsuko: Your comments in-thread have locked in my ATS subscription for at least another week. LOL.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I didn't take it that way. No worries

An understatement? Uhyup lol

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Russian Scientist: World Facing ‘Mini-Ice Age’ Rather Than Global Warming

According to Abdussamatov, our planet may enter what he calls "a mini-ice age" at the beginning of next year.

The world must start preparing for the global cooldown right away, he said.

Politicians and business leaders must make "full economic calculations of the impact that the 'mini-ice age' is going to have on everything – industry, agriculture, living conditions, development," Abdussamatov stated.

Source

If he`s right, The West have taken a good moment to piss off the Russians who supply 30% of the gas needs of Europe.

Source

That also would put a big dent in the so called global warming rhetoric, at least we would get tax refunds because of all the bogus global warming taxes.

This won't be the first time humanity has dealt with this phenomenon, either. From the late 1300's to the 1700's, the climate deteriorated significantly.

Mini Ice Age

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mensa180

\o/ plenty of ice skating on the canals again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join