It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientist: World Facing ‘Mini-Ice Age,’ starting early next year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The World is Warming as NASA says hottest on record

Maybe Russian and NASA scientist should arm wrestle.

Winner take all

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

You`re right, they switched from "global warming" to "climate change" because they couldn`t hold on to it.

Climate has always changed everywhere, so I`m also not buying the whole "man made climate change" crap.

To be sure I`m going to learn how to knit and buy me a bunch of wool.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Acknowledged yes the climate has always changed.

As Planetary inhabitants "we" must acknowledge
The GOM interference with the Loop current SEA altering
Strip mining moving and displacing natural minerals and then dumping-burying their by products
Deforestation-less tree atmospheric processing
FUKUSHIMA atmospheric altering
Vehicle exhaust both flying and driving and boats pollution

Accepted the changes these NEW additions to the world can/have caused.
edit on 9/19/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

The World is Warming as NASA says hottest on record

Maybe Russian and NASA scientist should arm wrestle.

Winner take all

NASA also said with my birth I would be hung like a horse when I have would been grown up.

I`m now suing them !

edit on 19-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Ok with all the crap going on in Europe over the Ukrainian issue why doesn't this surprise me that the Russians are just now coming out with this...

*spit*

It's been out there a loooooong time.

Although this media coverage, is most likely political (as all global warming garbage is). We are likely to enter a mini-Ice age within this century. It's a cyclic thingie ... unfortunately, we've been so busy with "populism" these past decades, no serious research has been done. NASA is kinda pussy organization since Braun went.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Yeah

I'm aware of the 'cyclic thingie' aspect. How do we know we aren't headed for a warming cyclic thingie instead of a cooling cyclic thingie.

Why am I craving ice cream all of a sudden?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's September 19th, 21:36, and I've just been to the chippy in shorts and t-shirt.....I swear I've been loosing pints of body fluid through sweat this past month.....don't give me your mini ice-age bollocks! This time of year the leaves should be off the trees and wooly sheep jumpers should be worn, it's not right I tells thee!

PS

I don't believe in global warming, for the record, but it is oddly warm for this time of the year.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Never heard of "old wives' summer" ?

Probably not seeing you`re from England, so it`s "Indian summer" for you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Russian Scientist: World Facing ‘Mini-Ice Age’ Rather Than Global Warming

According to Abdussamatov, our planet may enter what he calls "a mini-ice age" at the beginning of next year.

The world must start preparing for the global cooldown right away, he said.

Politicians and business leaders must make "full economic calculations of the impact that the 'mini-ice age' is going to have on everything – industry, agriculture, living conditions, development," Abdussamatov stated.

Source

If he`s right, The West have taken a good moment to piss off the Russians who supply 30% of the gas needs of Europe.

Source

That also would put a big dent in the so called global warming rhetoric, at least we would get tax refunds because of all the bogus global warming taxes.

But remember that a mini ice age, at least in some parts of the world, could be a symptom of Man Made Global Warming. There have been more than a few scientists that have said this is likely and a reason for some of the cold snaps that we've been having in America in the winters the past couple of years. When huge amounts of cold water melt into the ocean and the jet stream and other things change. we don't know what will happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey Al, how's the AGW coming along? We knew you were a goof all along. Take that enviro-weenies.
Now there's your Inconvenient Truth!
I'm glad I have a gas powered snow blower. I can contribute to Global Warming whilst clearing the Ice Age droppings.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

There are also those who have a different view about the "man made global warming" :

There is no scientific evidence that human activity is causing the planet to warm, according to Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore, who testified in front of a Senate committee on Tuesday.

Source

I`m also not convinced about the human part in it all. I think it`s just cyclical.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

Not to mention, with the 60 year oceanic cycle entering a cooling phase, we actually could be entering a slightly cooler period. Look at the trend of the last 4 years (globally) and compare that to the first increase in arctic ice in years. Add in the increase of 18% of antarctic ice and zoom zowie... we have a potential to cool off a degree or so. Personally I hate hot summers.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It's not cold water, per se, but fresh water that affects the salinity of the ocean, which in turn would affect the currents that transport warm water to the north, where the heat is released before making the circuit back towards the equator. The North Atlantic current was slowing, but to my knowledge it has not significantly slowed....but then again it has been a while since I checked.

The thing is, this year arctic ice has grown to a greater level than the last couple of years. First time in years there has been positive growth. Antarctic ice is up 18%.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am not a scientist, so I wish to approach this as the generally ignorant man in the street.

1.) Where are the millions of people saying, "Gee, I'm sorry, I was all fouled up about this global warming business. Don't listen to me on this subject again?"

2.)

But remember that a mini ice age, at least in some parts of the world, could be a symptom of Man Made Global Warming. There have been more than a few scientists that have said this is likely and a reason for some of the cold snaps that we've been having in America in the winters the past couple of years.

You can't be taken seriously if you say that cooling is proof of warming. And after "scientists" have said that a couple of years doesn't prove anything at all in terms of climate, people are saying a couple of cold snaps in a country is proof of climate change?

Feel free to to use whatever statistics you want from here on in. Until people start sounding reasonable, I believe global warming is dead.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Like fashion trends, everything old is new again. (heads up, 90's mauvey nude lips are the hot trend again)

They used to tout this way back in the 70's when I was a little girl. And it never came. And now we are back again with the mini ice age.

*shrugs*

guess we shall wait and see..

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Wait, you said "...You can't be taken seriously if you say that cooling is proof of warming...."

It is. Irregardless of whether you think man has any effect on the climate or not. We know that in some areas if the earth warms there will be cooling, more fresh water into the oceans, changes in the jet stream etc. It's just like when there is Summer in the USA there is winter in another part of the world. I think you need to brush up on your understanding of science.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Cooling, in and of itself, cannot be "proof of global warming".

However, oddly enough, global warming (climae change) could be a, in a very simplistic way, a contributor to eventual global cooling.

The cycles are plain and well established. The reaching of a peak temp, followed by rapid cooling is evident. We are not aware of all the mechanisms that result in a spike in temps followed by a significant drop in temperatures. We are also not aware of the causes for a rapid end of glaciation. Ice that has taken hundreds of thousands of years to build up recede to relatively small areas in a mere few thousand years.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
didnt russian scientists also say the US ecomomy was gonna crash in 2010
silly russians

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing and bbracken677

Gentlemen,

One thing I constantly regret is my inability to communicate clearly. I see that has happened again.

For amazing: I thought I said wasn't a scientist, and was approaching it as the average man in the street who has to vote for legislators with opinions on global warming. As an average guy, you had better not tell me that cooling is proof of warming if you expect me to believe anything else you have to say on the subject, or vote for anyone who claims global warming requires serious changes in the way we live.

By the way:

It's just like when there is Summer in the USA there is winter in another part of the world.

We could just as easily say that there is global cooling because when it is winter in the USA, there is summer in another part of the world. Yes, when it's winter north of the equator, it's summer south of the Equator, but i don't think that's what you mean.

Yes, science can be mysterious and complicated. It is also, as anyone with a memory can tell you, sometimes wrong for ideological reasons.

For bbracken677: I completely agree with you that there is a cyclical nature to these temperatures. It will get hotter, then colder for as long as anyone can foresee. But I thought the issue right now was whether the people who claim that in the next 90 years the Earth will be turned into an overheated Hell, or whether it will cool down below where it is now.

I'm sure that we will continue to see warming and cooling, but claims such as amazing's make be very reluctant to think that man is the driver of the cycle, or that we need to do much about it in the US.

Now, if we were to send amazing and Greenpeace into mainland China to get them to stop burning so much coal in their fireplaces and ovens, and stop being the world's number one polluter, I'd feel more accepting.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Two things- we know that with global warming--we could have a huge intake of fresh water into our oceans and we could have changes in the jet stream.. just two things out of many, mind you. That could cause cold snaps in parts of the world even as the average global temps rise. That's all I'm saying. Whether man made or not, global warming could in fact cause a mini/minor ice age or a localized, extended cold weather pattern. That's just science. not conjecture or any weirdness.

Secondly, you said something about sending us to China. I understand what you're saying but I was raised to believe that you keep your own house in order before you go messing with anyone else. We need to get our own pollution, oil dependency and outdated power structure in line before we go telling the Chinese what to do yes?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join