It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientist: World Facing ‘Mini-Ice Age,’ starting early next year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Russian Scientist: World Facing ‘Mini-Ice Age’ Rather Than Global Warming

According to Abdussamatov, our planet may enter what he calls "a mini-ice age" at the beginning of next year.

The world must start preparing for the global cooldown right away, he said.

Politicians and business leaders must make "full economic calculations of the impact that the 'mini-ice age' is going to have on everything – industry, agriculture, living conditions, development," Abdussamatov stated.

Source

If he`s right, The West have taken a good moment to piss off the Russians who supply 30% of the gas needs of Europe.

Source

That also would put a big dent in the so called global warming rhetoric, at least we would get tax refunds because of all the bogus global warming taxes.

edit on 19-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The US and Canada currently hold the most oil reserves that are reachable in he world, they have NOT yet peaked, Russia, the Saudi's have already peaked many years ago.

That being said, IF there was a 'mini-ice age' then we would be fine, the problem is, it's not going to be an ice age, we are currently STILL in one, just the tail end of one. It might be cold, but not enough to form glaciers and cool the water temperatures, maybe for Russia it'll seem like one, but not the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yep,
I'm here to second that.
The ice age is here. When everyone is done reading
go pick up firewood.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

LOL

Ok with all the crap going on in Europe over the Ukrainian issue why doesn't this surprise me that the Russians are just now coming out with this...

Could it possibly be to scare the EU into relaxing their stance over Eastern European Pipelines/Oil/Ukraine crises?

edit on 19-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Are you sure ?

Russia, OPEC skeptical about prospects for growth in shale oil and gas production

He cited statistics, according to which the growth in global shale oil production in 2013 was 13%. To preserve such growth rates, he said, as many as 360,000 wells are to be drilled, which requires serious investments. The market, in his words, is realistic about the risks.

Source

European energy policy shortsighted — Gazprom CEO

According to Miller, Gazprom's share on the European Union’s gas market had increased from 23 to 30% over the past four years while the share in European import had gone up by 17% to reach 64%.

Source

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It could be, but it also couldn`t be.

Edit : What`s the use to only mention it in Russia media, sure the Western politicians know if it`s not true. And most Westerns will not here from it ?
edit on 19-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, in that article you linked Abdussamatov also says:

The average temperature around the globe will fall by about half a degree when we enter the deep cooling phase of the 'mini-ice age'. This is expected around the year 2060, plus or minus 11 years

So, we're looking at an average global temp drop of 0.5 degrees C in about forty to sixty years from now. On that basis I doubt that any governments are going to care too much about this issue right now, even assuming the scientist is correct.

That's no criticism of yourself for bringing this issue to ATS. It's good to hear various perspectives from learned people presented here. My view is just based on the way I see TPTB.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The chance of getting investors over say, the oil off shore of Trinidad and in the Canadian Oil sands is more likely than people investing in Russia shale oil. And that's already been done.
As an investor I will go for what is reachable - as I said before - over what might be able to get.

The U.S, Canada and it's southern neighbors currently hold more oil than anywhere else in the world. The America's do not need Russian oil.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The world consist of more than the US and Canada or am I speaking with Victoria Nuland ?

Shell, Total to continue work in Russia, despite sanctions

Source

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

But it still will make an impact on European energy needs.

It also can differ from place to place, so it can make temperatures drop more in the winter in Europe because of it, being European I know we need cheap Russian gas and not the expensive shale US crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I was referring back to the origonal point, which is why I brought up oil in the first place.

If he`s right, The West have taken a good moment to piss off the Russians who supply 30% of the gas needs of Europe.

The America's wouldn't need Russian oil.

As for shell, well that's just business, I can't control where people want to funnel their money into.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It was about gas, sorry I saw the second link wasn`t working, fixed it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm not disagreeing with you.

Just saying that because the predicted low-point date is decades off, our self-serving "leaders" are not far-sighted enough to actually do anything about it.

By the way, I'm in Prague, so I'm aware of the European winter issues.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, the result of global warming was always thought to create an ice age rapidly. This is what they used to teach and I do believe that is still relevant. The ice age isn't everywhere when this occurs. Some areas experience little difference, the weather actually gets nicer. Being the north magnetic pole is moving towards Russia, it probably means that Europe and Russia will experience this more than the Americas.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Brrr...

I`m lucky to be a country which still has enough gas for now (The Netherlands), but our economical dependence on Europe as small country is huge. I shake my head about the stupidity of the European leaders with following the US.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just saying that because the predicted low-point date is decades off, our self-serving "leaders" are not far-sighted enough to actually do anything

If they have children or I can't understand why these young people will be living through it, surely any human would care about that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well of course it is.
Hubby sold his snowmobile two years ago, because we weren't getting any snow, then last year we got hammered.
I'll have to show this to him tonight, so he can say I told you so, and buy another one.

Although, after having purchased fuel oil last week, I won't be able to afford it.
And with everyone spouting this lately, it's just going to keep going up and up and higher taxes.

I can't wait.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not a mini ice age but rather a change in climate. It'll become increasingly warmer in Europe and North America and become milder in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

That also would put a big dent in the so called global warming rhetoric, at least we would get tax refunds because of all the bogus global warming taxes.

I think thats why its called climate change BornAgainAlien... Hope is we are not, but that GOM loop current has it been fixed? If not does this then mean that the other main climate carrying currents are not as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If we continue down the same solar path we are on and lack of active spotting on the sun, and some have surmised we could end up with just this another mini ice age brought on by the lack of a solar maximum this time round followed by another Maunder Minimum Which in turn could be very bad for all sides regardless of borders. Although a mere idea of whats to come still a relevant possibility

SaneThinking

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join