It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Salmond resigns as SNP leader

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver

Yup - seems like there has been a total collapse in the sense of humour of some...

Yes, I was having a laugh, that much was obvious, but you guys seriously need to chill the fudge out. Some of you are displaying a terribly poor sense of "sportsmanship" and showing yourselves to be quite terrible losers when things don't go your way. Grow up, hey?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The riot was started by a coordinated attack by Unionist...didn't you get the memo

To be fair I leave Scotland's internal problem to the Scottish.

Dont really care who started it. As long as you guys stop it.

Hahaha! True, and same for me.
...although maybe Solo blames Westminster for that as well? lol

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

After independence I was hoping for a future referendum on the monarchy.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
There are as many pricks in Scotland as anywhere else...Scotland voted to stay in a continuing union with N.Ireland, Wales, and England.
Any riots there are a Scottish problem, not the UK's.

Haha Riots

Riot = We didn't get our own way to drive our country into the ground so we are going to trash it anyway

The riot was started by a coordinated attack by Unionist...didn't you get the memo

Have you got a link for the riot? I can't see anything on any of the local news bulletins

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So, don't get what you want via a democratic vote, you then declare "democracy dead", post thinly veiled threats against those who voted/campaigned for a "No" and now threatening some sort of what can only be assumed to be an uprising to get your way, despite the majority not wanting it...

Well, now we see the true face of the Yes campaign, don't we.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I support the union, you are the one who has stated that you do not.
Stop whinging, you lost, get over it and move on with the rest of us coz you aren't getting another vote for a long while.

Maybe we'll just skip the political process the next time.

You are outnumbered and will lose, stop dreaming of using illegal force to change things in Scotland which your own countryfolk voted for.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

It's on sky news.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There isn't one...

Looks like someone got a bit pissy when a Yes bus went past a crowd of Unionists...

Just Solo being dramatic...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I like many other Scots......
Salmond resigns:
This is a man who hasnt privitised anything in Scotland, who has tried to give people free,prescriptions,education and old people free bus passes,his government brought in free School meals and has not increased communtiy tax for the last 7 years.....He has resigned because the Scottish people would rather give their support to various colours of Torys be they blue,red,or yellow along with their policys of privitisation ,austerity corruption and the rest....No knighthood for Alex Salmond.... a man who stood by his principles and would not be bought, for a seat in the house of lords like some will be rewarded with......"Stand Proud Alex Salmond "...........when will we see your likes again.........................i for one salute you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

There are as many pricks in Scotland as anywhere else...Scotland voted to stay in a continuing union with N.Ireland, Wales, and England.
Any riots there are a Scottish problem, not the UK's.

Haha Riots

Riot = We didn't get our own way to drive our country into the ground so we are going to trash it anyway

Have you got a link for the riot? I can't see anything on any of the local news bulletins

Listening on the Radio...i'm sure videos will follow...still going on...reporter still saying coordinated attack...Orange Order have distanced themselves from the trouble. Police trying to keep things under control.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

It's on sky news.

Well that's certainly not a riot from the pics on sky news online...there's people standing taking selfies...and they've formed neat lines behind the police just standing there waving flags.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Well, now we see the true face of the Yes campaign, don't we.

Soloprotocol isn't the face of the yes campaign. His remarks are usually rhetoric in reply to certain comments. You forgot to mention that. Also...what is the true face of the yes campaign?

link   
What a bunch of whiney cry babies - yikes.
Would someone link me to some news about these riots, I can find demonstrations and protests but no riots.
There are a few really sore sports on here and other threads.
The Scottish people voted and they voted no.
Quit crying and bitching and sniping and deal with it.
You were all so sure of a yes (which I hoped you got) and when you don't get your own way, you throw tantrums and insults around

Grow up and shut up.

link   

edit on 19-9-2014 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I know quite a few No Voters who have never worked a day in there lives, wear the same clothes for years at a time, havn't got a pot to piss in, kids dragged up with no future whatsoever, but seem happy with the status quo...strange fish indeed
edit on 19-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon
Alex Salmond who has conceded defeat perhaps?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Aw stop yer anecdotal bitchin' won't ya.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hey, I never said it was a riot. More of a stand and stare at you riot. Although any violence is likely to come from the unionists.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: clanger
I like many other Scots......
Salmond resigns:
This is a man who hasnt privitised anything in Scotland, who has tried to give people free,prescriptions,education and old people free bus passes,his government brought in free School meals and has not increased communtiy tax for the last 7 years.....He has resigned because the Scottish people would rather give their support to various colours of Torys be they blue,red,or yellow along with their policys of privitisation ,austerity corruption and the rest....No knighthood for Alex Salmond.... a man who stood by his principles and would not be bought, for a seat in the house of lords like some will be rewarded with......"Stand Proud Alex Salmond "...........when will we see your likes again.........................i for one salute you.

You do know if Scotland went independent you would lose that free stuff right?

Just switching to the Euro or some fantasy new currency would have left a black hole in the budget.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I support the union, you are the one who has stated that you do not.
Stop whinging, you lost, get over it and move on with the rest of us coz you aren't getting another vote for a long while.

Maybe we'll just skip the political process the next time.

You are outnumbered and will lose, stop dreaming of using illegal force to change things in Scotland which your own countryfolk voted for.
Lets looks at the UK past battles..Iraq..Ran away...Afghanistan...Ran away...Ireland Ran away and offered to release all the terrorist....aye..Am Crapping myself.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join