It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I have serious issues with this in one respect. Although I support the people's right to use/grow Marijuana based on many medicinal properties.

I am still 100% dead set against the illegal Drug trade of heavier Narcotics.

No, I wouldn't put up with a child being driven to school by a crackhead bus driver.

Sorry

NO!

I doubt very much that a crackhead would pass a UA to drive a bus so you have thrown up a strawman.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Thanks for the reply, Yes i did read that in the link. But it is a far cry from total legalization for michigan.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: CardiffGiant

This years election cycle there is on 4 initiatives on the ballot. But in 2016 will be a huge year for this movement.

Will the 2016 election be about ending the war on drugs?

I am hoping it will be a presidential issue in 2016. People are tired of the government telling them what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own home. It ain't anybodies business! Case in point if I go someplace and meet and pickup someone and go home and have sex that is legal, but if I paid that same person for sex it would be a crime.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

In Kansas it's largest city Wichita had a petition signing to decimalize it in town and the attorney general said that all the signatures were not legit so they have to do all over again. This is the same attorney general who is claiming that a person who dropped off the ballot for senator had to find a replacement and could not just quite.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

The fact is is that most people get hooked on the harder drugs because dealers sell an array of different drugs. If you legalize marijuana people will not be going to these criminals for their drugs anymore and will be quite satisfied without the temptations to try other drugs. When you've never been around it you just don't understand how the drug culture works. Plus never heard of anyone overdosing on marijuana same can't be said for alcohol which is legal and far more dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join