It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, wrong number---Not

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yeah but --- new phone, in a new state... Almost everyone who calls me, is doing so from an unknown number. even my daughters school... I wasn't trying to prank anyone... text asked what I was doing... and I answered truthfully.

“Watching TV with the wife. What RU doing?”

to me that is as straightforward and harmless as it gets... Spending time with my wife... answered more as an after thought... I really wanted to see that robot boy blow up ya know... But I do object to the negatives... It's not like I lied to her, lead her on, played her in anyway.

"hey babe...What RU Doing?"
"Watching TV with the wife. What RU doing?"

that reply makes me a bad guy?.... okay, so I'm the bad guy?

EDIT to add... and when I sent back..."Watching TV with the wife. What RU doing?" ... that should have been her clue she got the wrong number... instead of asking who I was she cussed me out, then blocked me...
edit on 19-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Yeah, I'm not trying to say you're a bad person or you did anything wrong here, and you're right, if she was thinking she should have asked "who is this?" Anyway, I was just trying to say that It makes me feel bad for the people on the other end, even though you don't know them.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Night Star
I think it's mean.

Out of curiosity, what would you and the person who starred your comment have done?

I would have quickly told them they had the wrong number with a chuckle.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So if someone somehow made you highly doubt your wife's love for you...would that be hilarious or harmless??

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Whoever was on the other end of that line was calling who she thought was her sweetheart and finds out from how it seemed he was married to someone else. How the hell do you think that made her feel? It would be like you finding out your wife was cheating on you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
how sad. they probably had a gorgeous relationship and because of that, it's broken. I'd NEVER mess wtih someone when I get a new number. Ever. I dont' care what the reason is. Shortly after I got my new number, I got some texts and voice mails saying something like "Edward, we are worried about you. Please get a hold of us. We don't want you to die." and a voicemail like "Edward, if you don't contact us, you'll be in deep trouble. They need the equipment back. We dont want you to go to prison. YOu can't just leave and not contact us."

creepy. So one time she texted and I texted back saying it was a wrong number. We texted back and forth a few times and I finally wished her/them luck finding him. A few days later she called asking for Edward and again I politely said it's my new number and I don't know an Edward. We talked a little bit and then I said good luck agian and hoped they found him safe and such. She thanked me and I never heard from her again.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

that reply makes me a bad guy?.... okay, so I'm the bad guy?

i cant say you did anything wrong, but trying to be a smart ass made you feel bad, hence this thread and your defense.
next time try 'sorry wrong number'.

and pls feel free not to make a thread about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think that if the guy she was looking for cared for her and they had something going then surely he would have updated his nunber with her!?

Is there a time limit the phone companies hold on too a number before they give it too a different customer? Surely there is! What if someone changed their number because they had a super stalker? That could be awkward for the new owner of the number.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Shana91aus because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

"Hey Babe.... what RU doing"

I will tell you when you send me one of your special photos...

waaahahaha ....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I think you've cut right through to the heart of the matter right here. Short post, straight to the point!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Dude, why did you have to post that pic here??? Haha, I've seen that before and it always makes me feel like vomiting, but I can't help but look at it.... It's like a train wreck.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
I think that if the guy she was looking for cared for her and they had something going then surely he would have updated his nunber with her!?

Yes, what Shana91 said. If the caller and her boyfriend were that serious and committed then she would have known his new number.

I don't think the OP was being mean. It was a light-hearted (and truthful) response to a wrong number. Again, the point is that the caller should consider the nature of her relationship. If it was that serious then you TALK about things. You don't immediately block the guys number.

Okay, so perhaps an innocent, unmarried guy out there is being falsely accused but I think his and the caller's relationship was not so serious, otherwise it would not have resulted in this situation. It could perhaps have been a couple who recently met, but doesn't sound like a couple who were strong and committed and faithful and enduring.

edit on 20-9-2014 by Mura44 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join