It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Conducts Largest Exercise Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A prelude to war!

Iran massing troops on the border!

Will Iran attack Iraq before the January elections?

I think Iran will do any thing to stop a Democratic country from being established in Iraq.

December 7, 2004
SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM

Iran has launched what officials termed its largest military exercise ever.

Officials said the Iran Army began the exercise on Dec. 3 in western Iran near the border with Iraq. They said the aim of the exercise was to demonstrate ground force capabilities and weaponry in an effort to deter any attack from the United States.

U.S. officials said the administration wants to increase defense and security cooperation with Saudi Arabia which is regarded as the key to the U.S.-led war against Al Qaida and the containment of Iran in the region, according to the current edition of Geostrategy-Direct.com.

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I say this half in jest, so temper your flames:

If they have the majority of thier troops massed at one place, wouldnt it be a great tactical move by the US to start dropping some daisy cutters and wipe out the Iranian military in one sweep? Couple of carpet bombing runs might do the trick as well....

In all seriousnes guys, if you think for one second the US hasent been watching every moment of this you are mistaken.

Hate the US or love the US, this type of thing is not going unnoticed. I wouldnt be suprised if there are dozens of war planes fueled up and on stand by right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
more muscles being flexed... that's all we need.
I do hope they are trying to show off rather than attack right now- though this is a great way to find out exactly what they do have available.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well if you saw your neighbouring country invaded and occupied for false reasons by an outside nation and then that nation points its guns at you I think you would put up your defences too...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
Well if you saw your neighbouring country invaded and occupied for false reasons by an outside nation and then that nation points its guns at you I think you would put up your defences too...

Very true. Americans are currently being convinced by the media that it will be necessary to pick a fight with Iran in the near future. However, they might be less excited about this prospect if they realized that the only way the U.S. armed forces can invade Iran and continue to hold Iraq is to reinstate the Draft.

Yes, I know Bush Jr. says he wants an only an all-volunteer military. But perhaps we would do well to remember that Woodrow Wilson claimed he'd keep the U.S. out of WWI, FDR promised not to get us involved in any European wars, and George Bush I promised not to raise taxes.

Why do we listen to these people, let alone believe anything they say?

Anyway, conflict with Syria and Iran is pretty much a foregone conclusion. For, according to the Illuminati, WAR IS PEACE.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

they thought the Iranians would start laying flowers out to welcome the US forces to Iran

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I thought I would point out to the mods that this thread story has been covered already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I thought I would point out to the mods that this thread story has been covered already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's on ATSNN, so it doesn't count as a forum story. It's fine for these to co-exist.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My bets are more on a bay of tonkin incident in the gulf to spark the whole thing, but i don't trust the iranian clericargy more than I trust the american government, only I think that they wouldn't attack without some spare nuclear ace up the sleeves....

they can leave disturbing the elections to the Sunni insurgants....

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just getting ready to repel and humiliate the oncoming Crusaders. With the weak economy, massive debt, and the massive costs surely to be incurred on this adventure, it shouldn't be too hard.

Not to mention the recruiting potential for another invasion, therefore solidifying the fact that America is on a Muslim killing spree.

At least the Shia are on your side right now, but invade Iran, and be prepared for Shi'a terrorism, and they are even more fanatical than Al-Qaeda.

top topics

join