It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irate NSA Staffer Doesn'tLike Being Filmed in Public, for Some Reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The NSA sent someone bearing the nametag “Neal Z.” to the University of New Mexico’s Engineering and Science Career Fair today, in the hopes of recruiting young computer geniuses to help manage the yottabytes of data it is collecting about you. But instead of eager young applicants, Mr. Z. encountered University of New Mexico alumnus Andy Beale and student Sean Potter, who took the rare opportunity of being in the room with a genuine NSA agent to ask him about his employer’s illegal collection of metadata on all Americans. Mr. Z. did not like that one bit.

Source

"Respect My Authoritah"
edit on 9/19/2014 by semperfortis because: Corrected all caps

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

"We know the law and we stay within it".... lol, what a crock of sh*t.. Watching this guy from the NSA on these clips is like witnessing a true psychopath in action

edit on 19-9-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In the first minute of your second video…

"We do not!" (collect data)

Then "We do it under the law!"

No wonder he's angry. He lies for a living.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Damning.
A confederacy of paranoid, power hungry dunces, telling lies that support an architecture of more lies. I bet that NSA goon was wishing it was the 60's when they could tell the cops to just open fire.

"I'm just a recruiter!"
What an a-hole.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The funny thing about this title is how ridiculous it is.
It makes sense to have an issue with how the NSA goes about it's data gathering.
To bring up "doesnt like being filmed in public" as a bad thing is a joke.

I could go to the landscapers across the street or the construction workers building a new sky scraper down the block or anyone else doing their job and just start filming them . How much you want to bet they wouldn't like it or would get mad at me.

Again Im with you on the NSA data gathering but the double standard people apply to filming them doing their job is silly to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's not just the NSA apparently. It does seem like the NSA may be playing the spy game with the DEA in hopes of finding the next king pin(someone with a lot of possible drug money) to bust. To those of us in the know, it is down right frightening how far the spy games go in our homeland in the name of the extremely unpopular war on drugs. Rogue DEA agents and their Army of CI's who they can use(the threat of a long time in jail makes most become obedient dogs) is disgusting.

The US has truly become a country that is encouraged to spy, rat on, and if necessary entrap thy neighbor. Most who know this are too scared to do anything about it and play along with their 'game.'

It breaks my heart that this country has gone this route.
edit on 19-9-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
WOW, that was entertaining. The NSA guy, needs to chill out, obviously he takes his job very seriously and what his superiors tell him is lawful. LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: opethPA

It's not just the NSA apparently. It does seem like the NSA may be playing the spy game with the DEA in hopes of finding

None of that has anything to do with my point though..

The OP chose to focus on "IRATE NSA STAFFER DOESN’T LIKE BEING FILMED IN PUBLIC, FOR SOME REASON" as the title.
That to me is disingenuous because you don't have to go any farther then randomly filming average people doing their job without their permission to see them get worked up also.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Good to know what side of the fence....or blue line you are on.

My bad, you were the last post and didn't think you would take it the wrong way.

What I wrote is real. This has happened all over the US. We have become a nation of people who spy on one another based on perceived morality and the threat of doing hard time on a prison/slave farm.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Within a minute of stating that 'We do not COLLECT data on US persons' ( or some such ) he goes on to say that 'We collect that data within the legal guidelines' blah blah. Not even the recruiter, who isn't even privy to what's really happening, can refrain from admitting the collection of data.

Then his spin on 'if congress didn't make an official determination then we are still in our legal rights' is pretty funny. You keep telling yourself that; until they deem the last X years of data collection illegal and arrest anyone involved.

Hmm... Never-mind. Good for a laugh though right?

Pretty expected reaction; deflection and convolution. Not much more to say.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, obviously, he knew he was lying and didn't like being filmed doing so. Human nature. His reaction was normal for the situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

someone should have just kicked the Sheet out of him right there

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPAI could go to the landscapers across the street or the construction workers building a new sky scraper down the block or anyone else doing their job and just start filming them . How much you want to bet they wouldn't like it or would get mad at me.

No Landscaper is doing you harm or treating you like a terrorist, so what would be the point of filming them?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wow..selective info processing much?

This is a direct quote from my response ,"It makes sense to have an issue with how the NSA goes about it's data gathering. "

I clearly have an issue with what the NSA is doing.. and please Jrod..you aren't the only person with knowledge, info, insight into the Defense Industry.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If I understand your initial post correctly, you are suggesting that anyone would be upset to have a camera jammed in their faces and interrogated about the policies of their workplace.

Yes, the student was being provocative by doing this. Also, yes, the NSA goon absolutely deserves this, seeing as he's there to try and recruit people into an organization that is at the very least, disingenuous and deceitful to the American (and world, for that matter, by extension of the global network of good-buddy spy agencies in American-allied countries) public.
Recruiting is fine. BUT he should absolutely have been prepared to deal with this sort of backlash. He had no answers for that kid, just an angry, flubbering denial of illegality (questionable) and a somewhat ironic dislike for being publicly recorded without his consent, considering that is what the organization he represents is being criticized for.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I find it ironic that we pay the salaries of those that spy on American citizens....and yet some defend that abomination on the constitution and the principals this country was founded upon.

God help us

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: jrod

It's not just the NSA apparently. It does seem like the NSA may be playing the spy game with the DEA in hopes of finding

None of that has anything to do with my point though..

The OP chose to focus on "IRATE NSA STAFFER DOESN’T LIKE BEING FILMED IN PUBLIC, FOR SOME REASON" as the title.
That to me is disingenuous because you don't have to go any farther then randomly filming average people doing their job without their permission to see them get worked up also.

I think the point is that the NSA thinks it's perfectly fine for us all to live with them secretly up our asses, but if we're up front and make it obvious they're on camera in public, oh, heaven forfend that you ask me questions about how I invade your privacy! And on camera!

Hypocrisy at it's finest. It seems the snoopers who think it's perfectly fine to snoop on everyone in secret, for some reason don't like being on camera, even if it's obvious they're on camera. It's not like they were recording him in secret. That's what the NSA does. It's ironic/hypocritical because they do it in secret and we're all supposed to be OK with it, but if we record THEM in public, why, that's an affront to every hardworking snooper around! I think irony/hypocrisy on the part of the NSA is the point of his thread title. At least that's what I got from it.

new topics

top topics

join