It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy comedy; a foot in the door or pacification?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
There's one thing I've been thinking about lately. For example when I've watched and listened to Joycamp. They claim that their conspiracy comedy is a way to reach people who would otherwise not be susceptible to this kind of information. I can see how that might possibly be true in some cases. But at the same time I see a growing amount of cozy couch conspiracy media. Real enlightenment seems to me to always contain a bit of fear. Once it becomes comfortable it's no longer enlightening. So I can see how conspiracy comedy could potentially have this effect as well, people stop worrying and just laugh it off. Interestingly Adolf Hitler did not like political jokes and dirty jokes. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is just course of fact

When you want to have wealth and recognition by the elite kiss the ass of those who have the wealth and power. These are usually going to be the conspirators.

Cover up for them by humiliating the notion of conspiracy and they'll let you in as their dog.

Actually, I won't even click on the satire video. I won't want to give his account revenue by adding views.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Neo: Are there other programs like you?

The Oracle: Oh, well, not like me. But... look, see those birds? At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to watch over the trees, and the wind, the sunrise, and sunset. There are programs running all over the place. The ones doing their job, doing what they were meant to do, are invisible. You'd never even know they were here. But the other ones, well, we hear about them all the time.

Neo: I've never heard of them.

The Oracle: Oh, of course you have. Every time you've heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel. Every story you've ever heard about vampires, werewolves, or aliens, is the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is, how can I trust you?

The Oracle: Bingo. It is a pickle. No doubt about it. The bad news is there's no way you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not, so it's really up to you. You just have to make up your own damned mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you, or reject it.
The Matrix Reloaded

That's a very interesting point you bring up. I have been thinking about that a lot. For example in relation to Muslims and Jews, liberalism, Saudi Arabia, Israel, the Catholic Church and other things. I think that the conspiracy is enlightening us indirectly, and that that is pretty much the only way you can be enlightened. It's interesting though. How many psychiatrists care about enlightening humanity spiritually?
edit on 38930Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:38:51 -0500201451pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-19T05:38:51-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Makes you wonder where, or if, there is a line between deliberate ass kissing and being a useful idiot. This relates to my own hypotheses about emotional intelligence being Newspeak for conformity, and true spirituality, and creativity, only to be found among the mad and rejected.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This conjures up a lot of stuff I've been thinking about related to all this. Such as the rise and fall of civilizations, male and female characteristics, submissiveness and dominance, crony capitalism and many other things.

top topics

join