It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus really who the Bible says he was OR

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Christianity is the Paulism cult..not the words of the Nazarene.

That's because the teachings of Jesus, if he existed, were nothing new. They were the same teachings that holy men and sages had been saying for generation upon generation.

Paul, now he had a new theme! Someone died for the sins of the world, and that person was the infamous pagan "LOGOS", and everything changed.

Judaism could now die, because its law had been fulfilled with the little Jew King who died on the cross and who was resurrected as Christianity! A "UNIVERSAL" religion that encompassed all the pagan religions and eliminated the relevance of Judaism.

Walla!

edit on 5-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Wait what? he will not force me?
J-zeuss: Ok guys, so you're dead. You can go to heaven, hell or wander earth. I'm not going to force you to go to heaven.
Wow... what an inconsiderate d-bag. As if there was anywhere else to go.

As a poser/poster child this 'Jesus' fellow left earth (50% chance he was real, the other 50% a archetype). I'd be watching for him though (materially or spiritually) and hang onto his coat/robe tail just to see where he eventually wound up.
edit on 5-10-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

No new "churches" were built when Jesus was alive. I have no time to argue with those that put Paul and Jesus together as creators of a new cult

You are correct but there were some new synagogues which were built. Paul and Jesus never met while Jesus was alive and neither Jesus nor Paul founded a cult. There are many people who dislike Paul and for those who refuse to accept his testimony they can simply disregard his literature and cherry pick what they want. Actually there are some who dislike the OT and its God and simply use the Gospels as their religion. It all depends upon what you want to believe. Then there are some that think the bible is for weak minded people and only read it to bolster their dislike for it.

The literature of Paul relates that Paul was in favor of Jesus and his admission that he, Paul, was a murderous scoundrel. I suppose that there are many people who would never forgive any one of any thing that they regard as being below their character. That is being judgmental according to others but then that is human nature don't you think? I believe you are correct as you say that you have no time to argue the matter because arguments seldom result in in knowledge. Arguments generally end as more heated opinions then facts.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You keep trying and you keep losing , perhaps you expect different results some day.

What am i trying?

my quote: "AS to anger...no I think you're the angry one using the great role model of the human hating Deimurge Jehovah."

Phew...this is getting boring...You gonna keep throwing that "through Adam all men have sinned" ideology at me

So far I have attempted in answering some of your ignorant platitudes, responded to things that you used as fodder for continuing your own denials of everything, not just about Christ or related topics.
All I'm getting is garbage cans full of scrabble pieces and nothing coherent coming from you.. Is that like a rain man self defense mechanism? It is interesting.

That is what I said about you trying and failing. You try responding to whatever it might be by typing everything except words that could be construed as communication or discussion.
I don't know what you are, were, or have ever talked about. Worlds apart. And that is what they want. Who am I to disagree..

Thank you for your effort at God knows what.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I've never thought about it like this. Christianity doesn't teach you to fish, it fishes for you and then selects which fish you get to eat. Nice comparison.

Something else that cries "LIE!" is the miraculous catch of fish after the resurrection. The resurrection is a lie, Jesus says things that go against his nature before the crucifixion, like saying all authority was given to him, whereas before the resurrection he said he didn't speak on his own authority but his Father's.

The miraculous catch of fish represent (in my opinion) Peter (the church) entrapping Christians (fish) in a net of lies.

I S&F'd this thread but I'm not sure why I never joined the discussion. I'm way late to the party, but oh well. Good post either way.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Wow how many times has this thread been rehashed? New title a few new twists.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Wow how many times has this thread been rehashed? New title a few new twists.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join