It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus really who the Bible says he was OR

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Self right, self humbled

Without self love I cannot love others. Without my intellect I cannot see past the circular reasoning of Evangelicals.

Remember when your own Jesus said the "kingdom is within you"

Is that an inconvenience to your proseletysing?

Luke 17:210
"nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is within you.”
edit on 27-9-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You are not using intellect or reason at all bud, just pure emotional energy to lift you up telling yourself you are a step above the crowd. The lesson here is quite obvious. If you ever do get over yourself and see how childish it is, then you will finally stop being angry at being born and find your real place in life.

Wow childish? You mean like this...

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

AS to anger...no I think you're the angry one using the great role model of the human hating Deimurge Jehovah...who is definitely not the father of the Christ

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Why is it christians cannot see that whats attributed to Paul in the New Testament is anithetical to Jesus actual words

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: UB2120

I read a couple of pages of it. Very interesting. I have seen many writers prove to me that a lot more was going on than we are led to beleive about Jesus so called non-violence and that he did in fact come to claim kis Kingship in the physical. The chess pieces just had to be put in place carefully.

Glad to hear you found it interesting. PM me if you have any questions. I can point to you to specific papers in the book that may help you with a question you have.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

In the words of George Carlin "Don't be a dick." It is simple, clean and understandable.

My family is religious, i have religious icons in our house, my room and even my car.
I am not religious, and here is why.

(Mostly about christity-anity)

I talk to people, a lot of people. I hear what they say in person and in media. People speak how god helps them, how angels guide them and not to mention their personal relationships to some guy named Hey-zeuse. Not worth calling him Jesus, its not his name, never was. Few people understand that. In Europe people pray in his more proper name Iyesus, which is a far-cry from the historic name Yeshua. Doubt poor J-bro had time to learn to speak American, being dead and all. Too much rambling, moving on.

Religion is Religion. It serves a purpose to drive a message of "not being a dick" to your fellow people, yet it hardly reaches anyone right away. After having a Bible class in middle school for 3 years all i took away was some guy screaming on the cross and some words from an old book that could not simply and plainly say "Don't do these things". (my class must have been bad)
In actuality Religion does the opposite, it makes everyone fear eternal damnation which actually sounds fun, because in the very least, you will never be bored. Everyone knows this... mostly Catholics. But one thing i do not understand is if big J died for ALL our sins, past and future, why do we need hell? It literally means you are forgiven for any and all sins. You as a sinner, are guaranteed the backstage pass.

Last ramble aside, the main problem with having "faith" is the fact that there are people who claim they are being protected by god, or favored by a deity and from their perspective they may honestly believe that. At the same time there are people like Josef Mengele who tortured prisoners, there are people who rape, torture and molest children and adults alike just for fun (everywhere). Mass murders, religious crusades, genocide, wars and #. People affected by such acts are tormented for life, no way to change that. As an added bonus, the people responsible get a free pass to heaven since Cheezus has died for everyone's sins, and did so before establishment of Christianity, so one does not have to be christian to fall under that policy. We the people make it worse by even not following the bible of any kind. Specially here in Amurika there is hardly a speech by president that does not mention "god", we put it on the coins, the pledge and lets be honest "god" is mentioned almost as often as "terrorists". (not drawing any parallels). Talk about taking the lords name in vain. There is always that familiar "In god we trust" message on the dollar bills.

By christian logic i can be as evil and devious as a thousand Hitlers, but god still loves me and Jesus will still send me flowers because of my personal relationship with him, in fact we are going to meet up for some Pina-coladas in a few decades time.

So yeah... i am just doing my best to be a decent person, amurikan citizen. And if some jihad steps on my face i will fight back not for god, but because he pisses me off.

Message is simple. Don't be a greedy dick who only cares about self. Plus if possible, avoid killing anyone of same species as you. Gotta try to fit in to the rest of the animal kingdom.

edit on 19America/ChicagoMon, 29 Sep 2014 19:44:15 -0500000000pm2014-09-29T19:44:15-05:0030442014-09-29T19:44:15-05:00 by Heruactic because: Got bored.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
this god theory is going right out the window,mean god created the earth apparently and the planets in our solar system but with new planets getting found every day and the fact this crazy notion that everything came from nothing then the god theory is slowly being pushed out or in my case never been in the reckoning .

we,ll all be long gone from this planet before anyone works it out and more than likely something will come along and take our place.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Nah man, god created all the planets at the same time-ish. We just to blind to see them all at the same time.

Might be a good idea to re-clasify the word.

God: (verb) a lack of understanding. A placeholder explanation for an occurance that is yet to be researched.

This will make the term "In God we trust" pretty cool. it would mean, In Unknown we trust. Id put that on a dollar bill.

edit on 19America/ChicagoMon, 29 Sep 2014 19:49:41 -0500upm2014-09-29T19:49:41-05:0030492014-09-29T19:49:41-05:00 by Heruactic because: gramatical errorz ars grammatical.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You are not using intellect or reason at all bud, just pure emotional energy to lift you up telling yourself you are a step above the crowd. The lesson here is quite obvious. If you ever do get over yourself and see how childish it is, then you will finally stop being angry at being born and find your real place in life.

Wow childish? You mean like this...

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

AS to anger...no I think you're the angry one using the great role model of the human hating Deimurge Jehovah...who is definitely not the father of the Christ

You keep trying and you keep losing , perhaps you expect different results some day.

You don't even understand the simple meanings of those verses you just quoted. but hey, if you copy and paste them in, it will look like you know something!

Changing and becoming like little children means not being a hateful fool in life, but by being generous of heart, peaceful of intent, and forgiveness when others wrong you. (You must really like that one), plus unconditional love to others and doing or giving without any expectation of a return given back. Like little children mostly are, which is who that verse is referring to. The things you keep telling yourself are lies and I've seen that before. Quite a few times. I understand it too, its being resentful at not having a better situation than the earth offers, but were already in it, so it's sink or swim and you can't get above the filth unless you crawl through the muck first.

When people live like that they gain greater understanding and meaning and much else, plus humility and wisdom come from those things, and unless practiced, only turn out the usual pompous asses for the world to see. And I am not referring to you.
Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
But one thing i do not understand is if big J died for ALL our sins, past and future, why do we need hell?

He will not force anyone against their will to go to Heaven.

As free moral agents, every person makes the choice as to where he will spend eternity.

Nick: 'Hay-Soos'

Jesus: Most people pronounce it Jesus.

Melisa: Nice name... Religious.

Jesus: Doesn't really have anything to do with religion. It was my father's idea.

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

Melisa: But if they could just see you...

Jesus: Not even that would be enough. Look at satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned. Gave himself over to pride. Scratch any sin and just below the surface you'll find pride...

Jesus: "I'm a gentleman Nick, I'll never force myself on you or anyone. Nick, what would be more unjust and unfair, for me to steal you at the moment of your death and force you to live in my presence and in my will for all eternity. Hell on the other hand is a place where you'll be completely free from all of my "though shalt nots"... FOREVER."

Jesus: Everyone dies, Nick, but not everyone needs to fear death. If you abide in me, you’ll be stepping free from this fallen world and into glory.

Melissa: Is that what heaven’s like? Glory?

Jesus: It’s more than glory, Melissa. It’s peace and love and joy. Can you imagine living in the fullness of the warmth of God’s light? There are no words in the human vocabulary that can describe it. It’s a place where there is no suffering. It’s a place where every tear is wiped from your eyes. There’s no sadness. There’s no pain. And you know, Melissa, one day you and I will walk on the streets of gold and we’ll talk about this night together."

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

I agree, don't do to others what you don't want done to you. This law is very simple, but hard to consistently implement throughout a life time.

Well the way I see it is that if you made a mistake you have a chance to atone your sin. Otherwise, once you would have sinned then it would be game over? Forgiveness is in the Father, if you have it in you, if you don't well you're focked. We have a will to decide what we want when we understand what we do, when we make an ill choice we can recognize our mistake, this needs to be done in honesty as it is said, you cannot hide from God.

Yeshua, Jesus or Eessa is called God to some a prophet to others, regardless lived an exemplary life. The teachings are what are to be studied and emulated.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Word.

Talked to a religious person recently, had fun time doing so. Told her i was not into religious. She was like "Don't you have faith in our lord? To which i replied, "As much faith as i have in our banking system". "Blasphemy", she said. It is sacrilege, are you completely irreverent?
I didn't have a comeback for that, which is sad. When i got home i realized i didn't even know what those 3 words meant... so i went to Google. I lol-ed. All 3 are religious words (mostly) 1st and second mean loosely the same thing: to be profane or offensive in regards to a sacred place, object or person. Irreverence means lack of respect and respect means to admire, among other things. Admiration forms an infinite loop with respect as they refer each other back to back. So from what i gather, It is mostly about respect and admiration. I cannot admire something i know nothing about, aside from a book written by men 40 years after some supernatural events occurred. To know it was not dictated by a god all one has to do is look at the end of the any verse. It states plainly that the verse came from some guy named Mathew or w/e. And respect? Respect needs to be earned in some way or form. If i look at mount Rushmore, i am not going to respect the presidents who are on it. I will respect the workers who labored long and hard in dangerous conditions to make that monument possible. I would respect my parents, who raised me and taught me the meaning of respect. I am not going to respect some great cosmic force that is 3 into 1 with desire to love everyone but send them to eternity of suffering in a "lava jacuzi". Never met god, never saw anything he did, and even if he has made earth. What is there to respect about an entity who simply "makes" stuff happen.

To use a metaphor, you are playing golf, and there is that one worker guy, lets say his name is Pedro(just kidding). Let us say his name is Justin. He works alone at the golf course and is responsible for grabbing balls, cutting the grass, watering, cleaning after you, and keeping track of score. That is a lot of things to do for poor Justin, but he does them, it takes him whole day to do everything and late at night he comes back home knowing that he needs to do that again tomorrow. That is respectable. He works hard and does good job to make you come back to a clean field. What if instead, Justin just had to push 1 button, and every chore was instantly done. Every day, he did not even have to come out of his house, all he needed to do was to push a button and go back to playing Cow of Duty: Bovine Blood Bath 11.
Can you respect Justin if all he does is press a button? Did he do anything worth of respect aside from that kill streak of 31 he performed last week? I view faith in God the same, exact way.

I do not have any concrete information about whether god/s exist and if the earth was made 6000 years ago. The science says its impossible, presents proof. Religious people say its wrong and take it on faith. I am open to truth, and not faith. Faith is just for people who do not who are complacent with their spot in life. Its not bad by any means, unless you start lashing out of others because they don't do things how you want them to do it.

Oh how i wish for time travel. Go back to those fun days, take a polaroid or two. Bring it back as proof and have people say i am lying.
I can just imagine it now, showing concrete proof of existence or lack of events such as Noah's ark and having them say same 2-3 words... Blasphemy, sacrilege and irreverence.

P.S: i would rather time travel to learn more about those "Vimanas" i hear so much about. Say anything you want about Hindu texts but it makes too curious and interesting to ignore.

PS2: Proper grammar is for College papers =D.
edit on 13America/ChicagoTue, 30 Sep 2014 13:41:55 -0500upm2014-09-30T13:41:55-05:0030412014-09-30T13:41:55-05:00 by Heruactic because: Grammar is my enemy.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Oh how i wish for time travel. Go back to those fun days, take a polaroid or two. Bring it back as proof and have people say i am lying. I can just imagine it now, showing concrete proof of existence or lack of events such as Noah's ark and having them say same 2-3 words... Blasphemy, sacrilege and irreverence.

Be very careful what you ask for.

A Russian atheist who was killed by the KGB and spent three days in a morgue freezer experienced exactly that.

Dr. George Rodonaia claims that he explored the Roman Empire, Babylon, and the times of Noah during his 3 day long NDE...

"Everything in this experience merged together, so it is difficult for me to put an exact sequence to events. Time as I had known it came to a halt; past, present, and future were somehow fused together for me in the timeless unity of life ... I could be anywhere instantly, really there ... I felt it necessary to learn about the Bible and philosophy. You want, you receive.

Think and it comes to you. So I participated, I went back and lived in the minds of Jesus and his disciples. I heard their conversations, experienced eating, passing wine, smells, tastes - yet I had no body. I was pure consciousness. If I didn't understand what was happening, an explanation would come. But no teacher spoke. I explored the Roman Empire, Babylon, the times of Noah and Abraham. Any era you can name, I went there."

Time and the Near-Death Experience

"Dr. Rodonaia was a vocal Soviet dissident killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to a freezer vault in the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God." Of all the cases I have investigated in my 26 years of work in the field, his is the most dramatic, the longest, the most evidential, and the most soul-stirring. LINK

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

To have faith requires no proof. You either believe you were created or not. That is having faith means.

It seems we are made or are with this mechanism of believing in us.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
originally posted by: Murgatroid

Heruactic But one thing i do not understand is if big J died for ALL our sins, past and future, why do we need hell?

Murgatroid He will not force anyone against their will to go to Heaven.

As free moral agents, every person makes the choice as to where he will spend eternity.

Jesus died for all past present and future sins supposedly. I see it as a 'free pass' for more unconscionable crimes to be laid waste at Jesus's feet (maybe he meant this proclamation as NOT meaning FOR ALL TIME). This is a serious boomerang regards sin and his taking all past or future misdeeds upon himself (I don't think he was aware this was the ultimate purpose of his crucifixion). Jesus cant force the human into heaven. He was a star being that transcended from the ether to the material world. We as humans start out as material beings; trying to lighten ourselves as becoming more spiritual. He climbed the ladder down as a star being became physical, we are climbing the same 'enlightenment' ladder UP. Its the same journey he made but backwards. As you say all human spirits are mortal free agents; they have a karmic contract they are trying to fulfill in this life time. Good luck in the attempt to rectify past life conflicts, time is running out and there is no promise you will be able to reincarnate again.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You keep trying and you keep losing , perhaps you expect different results some day.

What am i trying?

my quote: "AS to anger...no I think you're the angry one using the great role model of the human hating Deimurge Jehovah."

Phew...this is getting boring...You gonna keep throwing that "through Adam all men have sinned" ideology at me

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Why is it that this thread has drifted from the original op about todays christianity being Paulism. The ususal suspects have jumped in preaching death and hell and redemption through Jesus.

Christianity is the Paulism cult..not the words of the Nazarene.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

But we are having so much fun posting here.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=18475622]Murgatroid

Murgatroid He will not force anyone against their will to go to Heaven.

AGAIN: Jesus died for all past present and future sins supposedly. I see it as a 'free pass' for more unconscionable crimes to be laid waste at Jesus's feet (maybe he meant this proclamation as NOT meaning FOR ALL TIME). This is a serious boomerang regards sin and his taking all past or future misdeeds upon himself (I don't think he was aware this was the ultimate purpose of his crucifixion). Jesus cant force the human into heaven. He was a star being that transcended from the ether to the material world. We as humans start out as material beings; trying to lighten ourselves as becoming more spiritual. He climbed the ladder down as a star being became physical, we are climbing the same 'enlightenment' ladder UP. Its the same journey he made but backwards. As you say all human spirits are mortal free agents; they have a karmic contract they are trying to fulfill in this life time. Good luck in the attempt to rectify past life conflicts, time is running out and there is no promise you will be able to reincarnate again.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Wait what? he will not force me?
J-zeuss: Ok guys, so you're dead. You can go to heaven, hell or wander earth. I'm not going to force you to go to heaven.
Wow... what an inconsiderate d-bag. As if there was anywhere else to go.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Changing and becoming like little children means not being a hateful fool in life, but by being generous of heart, peaceful of intent, and forgiveness when others wrong you. (You must really like that one), plus unconditional love to others and doing or giving without any expectation of a return given back. Like little children mostly are, which is who that verse is referring to.

I take it you don't have children LOL! This is not a description of any children I have known.

Children are naive, gullible and eager to please. They ask a lot of questions, which is good, but are easily distracted and easily bribed, a piece of candy will do the trick.

They have no experience with which to judge the quality of the content of the information they're being fed, nor the quality of the character of the person doing the feeding.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join