It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus really who the Bible says he was OR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

love the Father

Not if your father is Jehovah, a jealous petty mountain schizoid god

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Was Jesus really who the Bible says he was OR

He was even greater, more than they could comprehend and write down on paper.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Even if you can prove that a man of his description lived (and isn't a 'Robin Hood' type character who is made up from lots of separate stories), you'd still have nothing to show any of the supernatural claims.

The nativity is a mish-mash of previous mythology, and astronomy. The virgin birth is borrowed. The resurrection is borrowed. Unless there were several 'dress rehearsals,' the coincidences are just too compelling.

Of course, if you remove the supernatural you just have some cool dude who thought it would be cool if people were nice to each other. That part of the message really failed. It's only the supernatural which keeps people coming back, and there's no proof whatsoever for that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The measage, look at the message.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The spoken word, gives and also takes away from the thought, of the written word, as the written word, dictates a false sense of truth to be absorbed and debated, verbally in the search within in our proximities to understand that ,that is the space confined and fill it with a possibility, to further, either ego or truth, for your own will to make sense of a story for yourself or your egotistical existence, both providing a form of growth spiritually or in yourself, to inform and relay to other, so word spoken read or written, formulates the beginning of an ultimate truth, eventually the energy is and will be understood…………
Potentially, the absolute source, of understanding, the absolute energy realms, of the absolute source?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

"The Abrahamic religions worship Jehovah the Deimurge."

Perhaps you are right but without conflict would any of us really strive to realize our spiritual nature. Everything including evil moves to Gods plan, as Gospel of Thomas tells, "For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone.".

So if it takes a bad dream to wake us from our slumber, bring it on! But if one is already fed up with this physical realm there are shortcuts to prayer and meditation. The same Gospel tells "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.". The keys of knowledge perhaps tell of our real nature and how we can redirect the light from ego/sense gratification (the price of the pearl) to within.

We each have different paths to the same goal. We should be respectful of the paths that others take.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Thanks...great...still digesting your very thoughtful post.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: glend

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."
— Matthew 13:45-46, King James Version

The Abrahamic religions worship Jehovah the Deimurge.

The merchant is a man who has put off the world to know YAHUWAH, this is the goodly pearl the only truelly valuable knowledge, to know the Father is to love him and to love your neighbors more than you love yourself. YAHUWAH is not a demiurge, we know him by the love that we share with others, by feeding the poor, caring for the widow, and all who are in need. If you want to know YAHUWAH, walk asthe JESUS walked and you will see the Father for who he truelly is.
edit on 20-9-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"Who do u say i am?"

was asked of those who walked and talked with him..
are we today,,of greater understanding,
than those who lived with him, travelled with Him,,for 3 years,,
Travelling from Town to Town, City to City,,with someone for 3 years, u get too know that person pretty well,,

? and yet they even, even they asked.,,"Who are u?"

To which ,Jesus said, "Who do you say I AM."

And someone got the right answer,,

edit on 9/20/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Based on many years of reading various theories, I've come to the conclusion that Jesus was originally destined to be the Jewish messiah. BUT they had a rigid hierarchy of rabbis (much like the Vatican became in the Middle Ages), who had no desire to start taking direction from a new (and genuine) Prophet. The fact the Jews rejected Jesus, yet he still gained a following and started a totally new religion, explains a lot of the Biblical confusion around Jesus' ministry.

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

I've always believed that the Bible - despite being written by men many years after Christ's death - was as historically accurate as possible. In the centuries before reading and writing were widespread, "oral traditions" were regarded as sacred, and people tried mightily to faithfully reproduce what had been handed down verbally. For information that was too explosive to repeat, but needed to be kept, people became experts at "hidden messages" like UFOs in the background of religious paintings, or painting animal heads on human bodies to reference "star gods."

Even Paul may have been of ET-hybrid blood: "For immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized." Acts 9:18 (Scales like in reptiles ...)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Based on many years of reading various theories, I've come to the conclusion that Jesus was originally destined to be the Jewish messiah. BUT they had a rigid hierarchy of rabbis (much like the Vatican became in the Middle Ages), who had no desire to start taking direction from a new (and genuine) Prophet. The fact the Jews rejected Jesus, yet he still gained a following and started a totally new religion, explains a lot of the Biblical confusion around Jesus' ministry.

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

I've always believed that the Bible - despite being written by men many years after Christ's death - was as historically accurate as possible. In the centuries before reading and writing were widespread, "oral traditions" were regarded as sacred, and people tried mightily to faithfully reproduce what had been handed down verbally. For information that was too explosive to repeat, but needed to be kept, people became experts at "hidden messages" like UFOs in the background of religious paintings, or painting animal heads on human bodies to reference "star gods."

Even Paul may have been of ET-hybrid blood: "For immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized." Acts 9:18 (Scales like in reptiles ...)

yeahh and here is an idea,,

scales as in " CATARACS "

U REPTILE/ALIEN, people pushers are really something,,

or

pick one.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You should all read Yoganandas book The Autobiography of a yogi.
It sheds some pretty clear light on the true meaning of thr scriptures which the western civilizations have all completely misinterpreted..............

Even the Genesis westerners somehow managed to turn into something concrete rather than understanding the symbolism it really is.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Who cares? He's been dead 2000 years. Time to move on.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

I think what you are suggesting, is that the "blind" Paul had cataracts fall from his eyes, and that is how he could "see" again. Plausible, since white cataracts would look like reptile scales if they literally 'fell out of his eyes.'

But Paul not only had knowledge of the different orbs in a solar system, but also knew that there were some more positive or negative than Earth:

"There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another in glory." 1 Corinthians 15: 40 & 41

Paul also had Advanced Knowledge that he would give out sparingly, when and if people could understand it:

"I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able." 1 Corinthians 3:10

I'm not say Paul definitely was a Reptiloid, but that things he said hinted that he had extra-terrestrial genetics. And Jesus was already dead, yet appeared to Saul/Paul specifically to choose him as his Apostle, and seemed to know a lot about Paul: "And he said, 'Who are You, Lord?' Then the Lord said 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads." Acts 9:15-16

(NOTE: A goad is a prod to herd goats, pushing them this way and that. I think Jesus was referring to the other Reptiloids on Earth manipulating him, and how Jesus knew how hard it was for Saul/Paul to fight against this manipulation.)

While this idea of extra-terrestrials as our "gods" is fought against now, think of all the Medieval paintings with UFOs in the background. "Someone" was trying to get a message across!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I think Jesus was referring to the fact that Saul had a issue with his conscious.

u know "Am i doing the right thing"?

"Consciousness is the quality or state of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

or ya Aliens.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"The Abrahamic religions worship Jehovah the Deimurge."

Perhaps you are right but without conflict would any of us really strive to realize our spiritual nature. Everything including evil moves to Gods plan, as Gospel of Thomas tells, "For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone.".

So if it takes a bad dream to wake us from our slumber, bring it on! But if one is already fed up with this physical realm there are shortcuts to prayer and meditation. The same Gospel tells "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.". The keys of knowledge perhaps tell of our real nature and how we can redirect the light from ego/sense gratification (the price of the pearl) to within.

We each have different paths to the same goal. We should be respectful of the paths that others take.

Nah - you make # up, I learn it. And if what I have learned is wrong, I change my #ing mind. You don't', therefore you're wrong!

edit on 20-9-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

One other scripture that hints as to Jesus not being what is generally thought of as preaching non violence is why would it take a cohort to arrest him? (John 18:12)

The House of Annas ruled the Jews through the Jerusalem temple. The revenue of the Jerusalem Temple was considered the second largest source of income to the Roman Empire. Hard to believe but very true. When Jesus disrupted the money changers that also disrupted the entire seasonal income which Rome was to receive a great portion. The rules of the game dictated that Pilate was a great portion of this game. His job was to keep the people content and keep the revenue coming into the Roman coffers.

There was one other factor that was a thorn in the side of Annas and his appointed son in law (Caiaphas the High Priest) and that was the House of Arimathea. Joseph of Arimathea was one the richest men in the Roman Empire. His wealth was equal to that of any man in the Empire and being so brought a lot of power. Joseph was the uncle of Jesus. This was one reason all of this was done in the darkness and speed of night. The House of Annas and the house of Arimathea were fast enemies.

The armed guards of the palace of Annas and Caiaphas were the men who illegally took Jesus captive. Rome had nothing to do with this portion of Jesus' arrest. Jesus was hurriedly tried by the Sanhedrin of 71 members for claiming to be the Jewish Messiah (Begotten Son of God). The vote was 40 to 31 to acquit. He escaped that death penalty but then Annas who was an appointment by Rome usurped his power and had allegiance with Pilate through bribery and allowed Jesus to be put to death.

The entire story does not end here. Any person that was to put to death must have a Roman court order of declaration. This was the cover up. Pilate did not have that court order and because of this was relieved of his office of power. It was not more than five years later that Pilate was indicted for plotting the overthrow of the Caesar. He was then deposed of in a quiet manner. The house of Annas also gradually disappeared.

So to answer your question as to why this was so convoluted as to require armed palace guards. It was a power struggle with huge sums of money at stake. Jesus was a threat to that house of Annas and Pilate. Money is the answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

My mind and its concepts is like a house of cards. If I try remove one of the base cards, the rest comes crashing down, so I cannot be wrong, never!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

Some startling revelations always make me dubious of how Jesus was turned into a God by the Roman Emperor Constantine (Nicene Creed)

Most claims like this (along with the "Jesus was a Gnostic" crowd, also in the thread,) are the result of a complete ignorance of history. Jesus wasn't "turned into a God" by Constantine or anyone else -- the Council of Nicaea was called by Constantine to resolve the issue of the nature of Christ. Christians from the beginning worshipped Christ as God and believed him to be such. At Nicaea, the Bishops of the church, not Constantine (who publicly said that he didn't care what was decided,) rejected the heresy of Arianism, the claim that Christ was a creation of God, not divine in himself.

That's what the historical record shows. Any claim otherwise is completely rooted in historical ignorance.

You have no platform; Jesus was a Gnostic PERIOD and I am no member of any 'crowd' bully pulpit yelper. Jesus was turned into a God by Constantine; you yourself are the most flagrant promoter (unbeknownst to itself) I've ever seen here on ATS saying the truths disguised as opposite fakery . There is so much ridiculous tossing back and forth as to Nicaea as truth is beyond me. Who claimed Christ first was a creation of God neglecting to mention the other entirety called the 'human race'. Jesus was an overlay insert idea that worked. All humans are divine including yourself.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: MarsIsRed

My mind and its concepts is like a house of cards. If I try remove one of the base cards, the rest comes crashing down, so I cannot be wrong, never!

No one is wrong, we are parts and pieces of a grand puzzle equally understanding and holding that bit of information. Each of us if willing to be open minded can put the puzzle together (figure out the plan) never will it be easy or given to us free and clear; its our task to understand our meaning of existence and how we fit (we are the puzzle pieces and so far are failing in our communication with each other). God is information 1s and 0s, we are its expression, you would think we should be able to grok our relationship to it and ourselves as its metaphor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join