It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Scotland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
To the people of Scotland thank you , thank you for keeping Great Britain great , thank you for not dooming us English to a generation of Tory rule , thank you for being smart enough to see the big picture and not to succumb to the heart string tugging from the SNP.

I heard Tommy Sheridan on the radio this morning blaming the propaganda and lies of the BBC for the No vote , talk about a lack of respect for the intelligence of your fellow Scots , the people of Scotland were asked the question and came to the conclusion we are better together , united not divided.

Thank you Scotland , glad you're still a part of us.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I have been tactfully avoiding the complaining threads, because I agree with you (although, as a Tory, I had been able to see a generation of Tory rule as a possible silver lining).
More to the point, perhaps, they've saved themselves from an act of folly which would have made their own situation much worse.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I cannot believe you have not throughout this through.

Do you realise that had Scotland left, England with Wales and NI would have been much less to manage and would not have been in the fore for all the wars politicians like blair and cameron waste our tax revenue on. We wouldn;t have had such huge armed forces without the Scots so we should have been able to quietly blend into the background and force our politicians to put back much of the revenue they have stolen from our country's infra structure and services.

We are the losers, n ot winners because all you will see now is more moneyu syphon ed into new things the corporations want to have in order for them to get into countries and rob them of their resaources. This would have stopped had scotland gone and its a damn shame.

England has been ignorred and now nothing will chan ge. The spending per head will now be well below what is spent per head on a scottish person - lucky them our disabled and kids will get the bottom dollar spent and cameron and osborne will contine to cherry pick for their mates from the NHS and immigration will continue because they want cheap workers to keep the wage as low as they can get away with. Being smaller we could have had a better chance of picking off the despicable fraudulenbt bankers and bringing them to task. Iceland, bein g a small country was able to do that and we could also have made those thieves pay back what they owe the english tax payers.

Didn't you ever think about the scottish bid and its effect of England whatsoever? Damn you scoltland damn you...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I cannot believe you have not throughout this through.

Good don't believe it because it isn't true , if anyone hasn't thought anything through it's you judging from that post.

The spending per head will now be well below what is spent per head on a scottish person

Scotland, Population
5.295 million

England, Population
53.01 million

Didn't you ever think about the scottish bid and its effect of England whatsoever? Damn you scoltland damn you...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

You're still thinking small. I am thinking of England on the world stage which is where much of our resources are wasted. Shame you can't see that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I am thinking of England on the world stage which is where much of our resources are wasted. Shame you can't see that.

What I don't see is why Scotland becoming an independent country would have any effect on the way the rest of the UK operates abroad.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I love the scots, im glad they sort of mostly want to stick with us but i fully respect the fact they know and we know they dont NEED us, the rest of Briton.

We love you Scotland, we respect you and we are all glad you are still with us.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
To the people of Scotland thank you , thank you for keeping Great Britain great , thank you for not dooming us English to a generation of Tory rule , thank you for being smart enough to see the big picture and not to succumb to the heart string tugging from the SNP.

I heard Tommy Sheridan on the radio this morning blaming the propaganda and lies of the BBC for the No vote , talk about a lack of respect for the intelligence of your fellow Scots , the people of Scotland were asked the question and came to the conclusion we are better together , united not divided.

Thank you Scotland , glad you're still a part of us.

Considering most of the population know very little about politics the propaganda and fear mongering by the BBC most likely played a big part in the vote. I did't see a single article talking about how the yes vote could have been a good thing for Scotland.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It would have had a great effect. A large part of our armed forces are made up of scottish people. We would not longer be expected to side with the USA in all its wars which would save us a fortune.

The annual budget for a separate england would be considerably smaller which would precude us from the big budget countries like |Germany and France so we would no longer be either a force to be reckoned with or have to pay out for a major say in world politics.

queenie would have had her budget from the tax payers cut short without the scottish rfevenue included and would have had to cut her cloth or use her own money to fund her lifestyle and also the money which the tax payers have to pay on top of her budgeted allowance for her family's security - which is super-huge, would be cut considerably.

As we would not be loosing so much revenue abroad and were a smaller country, we wouldn;t attract so man y extra illegal migrants we would be able to deal with our housing problem s and revenue that is wasted abroad on numerous things would be invested in the things this country needs such as our crumbling infra structure and social services. If you look at country's such as De mark their standard of living is c considerably higher because they are not a front nation wasting their money. Our pensions are the lowest in europe and that is a scandal which could be addressed.

Itgs just taking this country out of the limelight and living to the same standard as other countries. You have to ask would we have a deficit this size were we not a world stage player? Do we want our contry improved or things to stay as they are? Apparently plans are being made to take people's savings should another bank fail. Were we just england we would be able to cut the power our banks have and deal with the fraudsters much in the same way Iceland did. Currently we are top heavy and this needs trimming.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, I'm just a semi-ignorant Yank who has a blue Mel Gibson in his head yelling "Freedom..." as my mental pic about this matter... I was a little hopeful that the world order would be shaken up by a 'little folks' movement yearning for more autonomy... but know it's more complex than that and that money is the prime factor... not autonomy.

Either way, problems with corrupt govt and financial institutions are at the root of most of the world's ills... and a wave of revolt is long overdue. So I'm glads is was at least threatened.

TPTB are far too complacent and fat... everywhere. I just hope some day all humans will be complacent and fat, and then we can move on to the next problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I voted no,

Not for England really or the rest of the UK, but for Scotland.

A independent Scotland would have been doomed.

But you are welcome.

top topics

join