It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Depot reports it has eliminated the malware in its system.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
home.mytelus.com...
Good news for consumers ........or is it?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
" Home Depot reports it has eliminated the malware in its system..... "

Until the next attack.

That will happen sooner or later depending on how many new sign-ups the credit fraud protection racket companies get.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You are going light on the details...

Home Depot says eliminates malware that affected 56M payment cards, raises profit guidance
The Home Depot says it has eliminated malware from its U.S. and Canadian networks that affected 56 million unique payment cards between April and September.

The Atlanta-based home improvement retailer said Thursday it has also completed a "major" payment security project that provides enhanced encryption of customers' payment data in the company's U.S. stores.

Sounds fine to me. Naturally they would want to get the malware off their system(s).

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yeah, they caused me to have to cancel my card and apply for another one after they were compromised.
Hopefully the new one will be here soon...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It seems to me that there will always be some devious hacker who will find a way to compromise any payment system we devise....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Great. Did they retrieve all of the stolen identities from the hackers too?? Otherwise, this news is basically an irrelevant attempt at damage control.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Nope. If they haven't gotten rid of every computer that was infected then they haven't gotten rid of anything. If there are rootkits involved then it WILL infect all the PCs again.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well there ya go....I was just sayin......

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The damage has been done, the bad guys have it all. After so many hacks to different systems since Target, including Neiman Marcus, Experian, UPS, Home Depot, Community Health Systems, etc., and a large number of unreported hacks including government agencies, they know you better than you know yourself.

Also, from the NY Times a while back.

A Russian crime ring has amassed the largest known collection of stolen Internet credentials, including 1.2 billion username and password combinations and more than 500 million email addresses, security researchers say.

They will never keep up with the techies in Russia that are creating these invasive programs and other methods of gaining your ID information. Your info is for sale right now on the internet black market, something they will never get a handle on. We are all deeply screwed and most are completely blind to this fact. Change your identity from top to bottom, something that is costly and very hard to do, and it goes back out there and gets hacked again.

Keep your cash in your hands and don't do card transactions unless it is one of those temporary cards you can buy for one time purchases. Don't trust any banks or retail stores, that is the only option.

edit on 19-9-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Yeah, they caused me to have to cancel my card and apply for another one after they were compromised.
Hopefully the new one will be here soon...

Only to have it hacked again after you use it or your bank, or the credit agencies get hacked again, or discover they have been hacked for awhile without realizing it. Don't use that new card, it will get compromised again, I am certain of that.

top topics

join