It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: uncommitted
The reasons for keeping devo max off where a little more complicated than keeping the question simple. But as it was off the agenda (Cameron's decision) why the hell would salmond talk about it? It was completely irrelevant to the referendum until it was thrown in at the last minute by the three uk parties?
However glad you agree that the no vote was the "worse".

It was 'the worse' (that is actually a word you know, not sure why you put it between commas) for Salmond, hence why he should have been better prepared for it - we have seen that the Conservatives, Lib Dems and Labour were.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In speech marks as was the word you used. Fairly standard English usage surely? If I thought it was an error wouldn't it be sic?
As for preparing the SNP membership has sky rocketed, ahead in all polls, smooth transition to a new leader and have got 45% of the electorate behind their core policy.
Meanwhile the big three are crapping themselves about Nigel Farrage. Who didn't prepare?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You know what really offends me?

I'm a proud Scot. A highlander through and through.

I voted no.

It's my Saltire too.

I deeply object to the Yes Campaign co-opting the flag.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

The reasons for keeping devo max off where a little more complicated than keeping the question simple. But as it was off the agenda (Cameron's decision) why the hell would salmond talk about it? It was completely irrelevant to the referendum until it was thrown in at the last minute by the three uk parties?

It was 'the worse' (that is actually a word you know, not sure why you put it between commas) for Salmond, hence why he should have been better prepared for it - we have seen that the Conservatives, Lib Dems and Labour were.

How was it the Worse for Salmond, He has just seen his Party membership treble to over 60,000 and climbing by the day...This has only made Alex Salmond and the SNP stronger. He may have lost the Battle, but we'll see who wins the War. Scotland will become a Independent country sooner or later.

The wheels are in motion and nothing can stop the Independence Train now. It's just been delayed.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

I voted no.

It's my Saltire too.

To be a Nation again, Remember those words when you finally realise what you have done. it's not your flag, you gave up the right to the Saltire/Lion Rampant when chose the Butchers Apron over both with your No Vote.
Like it or lump it, in the eyes of 45% of the people of Scotland you Turned your back on your own Country and it's future generations.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
I thought I saw it was over 70k now. Larger membership than the lib Dems ( a uk wide party) any way and fast catching the conservatives.
Puts me in the odd situation of actually hoping for a conservative victory next year, or even better a con/ukip coalition as that would fast track Indy again.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
What stopped the no campaign using it?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
So Hard to keep track of the numbers as they are going up faster than the UK's National Debt Clock and that shifting at a fair old speed.

Figures quoted in the Huffington Post of 100,000 members. Dont know if it's true or they are using the Celtic in Seville Calculator, but i do know it was in the high 60 thousand mark a few day ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

How was it the Worse for Salmond, He has just seen his Party membership treble to over 60,000 and climbing by the day...This has only made Alex Salmond and the SNP stronger.

It was the worse for Salmond as it effectively cost him his job. Sorry, I don't wear the same blinkers - he had literally no plan B and has done the honourable thing, good for him. Maybe the SNP membership is now growing because he has resigned?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I voted no.

It's my Saltire too.

To be a Nation again, Remember those words when you finally realise what you have done. it's not your flag, you gave up the right to the Saltire/Lion Rampant when chose the Butchers Apron over both with your No Vote.
Like it or lump it, in the eyes of 45% of the people of Scotland you Turned your back on your own Country and it's future generations.

Ah, but in the eyes of 55% you chased the dream at the end of the rainbow with no way of knowing what was there based on a bunch of empty promises. Why can't you act a little bit more mature and respect the fact your opinion is precisely that and not everyone has to follow what you think is right?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I voted no.

It's my Saltire too.

Couldnt agree more buddy.

But wait it's ok we will get more powers remember?

Oh yeah they quickly back tracked on that.

And to painterz... your a highlander through and through? Come to glasgow city and the surrounding slum areas just outside...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Pretty sure I have claimed to be at seville and I'm not even a Celtic fan.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I get you don't like salmond but do you really think a threefold increase in party membership I down to him resigning. Remember that his approval ratings were consistently higher than any other party leader other than Harvie.
Don't agree with a lot of his policies and think he made a huge cock up over the currency question but he is probably the mist effective politician in the UK over the last 25 years.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I get you don't like salmond

I have nothing for or against him, just making the point that he could possibly have done more than shout as loud as possible as though that is how you win debates. Why would I not like him, he has nothing to do with my life as he is currently the leader of the house in a country I have no influence on how it spends its money.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Apologies I should not assume you dislike him, however you have posted some fairly negative comments.
I don't know why you think all he dud was shout? Did you watch the debates or is this based on media reporting? If you did watch and think he only shouted it strikes me as confirmation bias (fully accepting this works the other way for myself).
As a uk voter you do have a say in how the Scottish parliament spends money. The budget and what areas it us permitted to spend on all set at Westminster.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

How was it the Worse for Salmond, He has just seen his Party membership treble to over 60,000 and climbing by the day...This has only made Alex Salmond and the SNP stronger.

It was the worse for Salmond as it effectively cost him his job. Sorry, I don't wear the same blinkers - he had literally no plan B and has done the honourable thing, good for him. Maybe the SNP membership is now growing because he has resigned?

Why would he have a Plan B, The SNP's main objective is Scottish Independence. There was never a need for a Plan B in the case we would get it.
Westminster's Tories Introduced the Plan B question to muddy the waters in the minds of the People of Scotland and the rest of the Unionist Parties jumped on the plan B bandwagon.

"I wont get involved. The Decision will be for the people of Scotland and we will respect the choice made by the people of Scotland whatever that decision may be"...David Cameron....

"If Scotland chooses to go Independent then Scotland cant use the pound"...George Osbourne.

Then we have the Pledge/Lie that not one main party leader could be arsed to show up yesterday to talk about.

And that's how Westminster shows the people of Scotland respect.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Oh Dear... is this thread still going?

For goodness sake... why can't the Yes people who lost in a democratic vote just accept that the majority wanted to stay in the UK and STFU?

Korg.

edit on 15-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity
Do you think that all labour voters should just STFU about elections as the conservatives won the election?
Will UKIP STFU if the referendum says stay in Europe?
Why have elections at all if politics should be completely static?
We are going on about it is clearly not resolved as the knots the parties are tying themselves in over devolution shows.
45% of electorate dislikes the current UK system enough to want to leave completely I would say that is worth further debate.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Yes, and it will probably keep going too. You have the option not to click on the link you know

The reason why it will keep going......

Soloprotocol said

Then we have the Pledge/Lie that not one main party leader could be arsed to show up yesterday to talk about.

And that's how Westminster shows the people of Scotland respect.

Jane

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Do you think that all labour voters should just STFU about elections as the conservatives won the election?
Will UKIP STFU if the referendum says stay in Europe?
Why have elections at all if politics should be completely static?
We are going on about it is clearly not resolved as the knots the parties are tying themselves in over devolution shows.
45% of electorate dislikes the current UK system enough to want to leave completely I would say that is worth further debate.

firstly I do vote UKIP and will be doing so in the General Election.... for me the best result would be a coalition Conservative/UKIP.

We would get the best of both worlds... George Osborne for his nothing short of miraculous handling of our economy and the ability to vote out of the EU for anything other than just a Trade agreement.

However... when the EU referendum comes and I vote yes and should the majority vote no... I would accept the verdict as a democratically voted decision. I wouldn't then jump onto the internet job boards and moan moan moan about it.

You have to take what is there and make the most of it.

Korg.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join