It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

You have been given many more powers than us English have (don't worry we will fight for them) so all I see is sour grapes here.
The democratic process worked and your side lost.
You can either work together with the rest of the UK to make things better or not.
Why should I as a Member of the UK want to break it up? I have sottish, welsh and Irish in me and Iam glad the majority saw sense.
Have another go at independence? not in our life times.
Like I said move forward...and If you think the Fish people would have done a better job...they would have sold you down the river to the EU.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The german presidency costs about the same as the Queen but you don't see many people lining the streets trying to catch a glimpse of her do you?.
They do bring in millions you can not deny it.
Just a little research would prove this to you.

The Loch Ness Monster ? has done more for Scotland than Queenie has ever done and nessie costs us nothing.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Lol.
Independence or not you would have still had the Queen.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Great Britain is one country. All this talk of the UK seems to have overshadowed that. Great Britain is the land mass of England, Scotland and Wales. It has been a unified country for three centuries. It is a great shame that the cowardly Yes voters wanted to run away from the problems that afflict us when we should all be working together.

What would be the next plan if a dominant and greedy Edinburgh saw other Scottish regions neglected, a further split into North and South Scotland? I've already witnessed, in this very thread, the total hypocrisy of Yes Voters assuming that Scotland would be entitled to simply take control of all the oil fields and that the Orkneys and Shetland would have no choice but to be dragged away from the UK by the newly independent Scotland whether they liked it or not. Freedom my arse.

At least the "selfish scared people", to borrow from the thread title, were outvoted as the educated people of Scotland rejected this half baked idiotic scheme.
edit on 7-10-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: boymonkey74

The English people sold themselves out by not supporting our independence call. They also revealed their true colours towards the Scottish people.

The positives are that we now know what to expect and will be better prepared.

Midicoin, I really cannot understand you. Prior to the vote you and several others - all pro Independence spent a lot of time talking about all the Scottish hating English and yet the reality (from what I have seen) is the absolute opposite.

You are now blaming the English (not the Welsh or Northern Irish mind) because the majority of people living in Scotland voted No? I know it's hard to accept when not everybody has the same opinion but sheesh, who are you going to blame next?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The English are just as deluded as the Scots. It doesn't matter who you vote for. The Rothschild Network always stays in power. The Referendum was an obvious Fraud.

Even if we get another chance in another referendum that one will be fixed too. ALL elections in the UK are fixed. Any idiot can see that. I never vote. There is no point in an already decided outcome. I thought for a moment maybe this time because the vote is in Scotland it might be different...............Yeah Right!

There is NO democracy in the UK or the US for that matter. George Carlin couldn't have said it better. 'The Voting process is there to give the people the Illusion of Choice. You have no choice!'

In the UK there are 2 main parties. Labour and Conservative. In America it's Republican and Democratic. Is there a difference in them? Nope! Actually strike that. There is a difference! NAME ONLY!!

They are controlled by the same sorry bunch of Zionist Rothschild Arseholes as they have always been. That includes our Glorious and Pathetic Zionist German Royal Family.

It's not really a case of how they fixed the referendum or why. It's a case of how will we the people of Britain will EVER get to elect someone that works for the people.

With these maniacal Banking, Zionist, Psychopaths always selecting their own to lead the country and keep us in perpetual debt and war how in the hell can the people really be free????

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Midicoin, I really cannot understand you. Prior to the vote you and several others - all pro Independence spent a lot of time talking about all the Scottish hating English and yet the reality (from what I have seen) is the absolute opposite.

You are now blaming the English (not the Welsh or Northern Irish mind) because the majority of people living in Scotland voted No? I know it's hard to accept when not everybody has the same opinion but sheesh, who are you going to blame next?

Sometimes I don't understand myself. Prior to the vote I talked about how it was not about anti-English sentiment but anti-Westminster. I stand by that. I also understand that in conversation rhetoric can get a bit silly from both sides. I am a people person and don't really care about nationality. I have always maintained that this current system is not fit for purpose, if it were then the issue of independence would have been a non starter...for me anyway. I saw it as a chance for real change and one that would take courage to grasp.

I do seem to mention the English, that is just because they are the majority and let's face it the UK is really England...with five million Scots as little more than an appendage. Regards the Northern Irish, I think we all knew the mindset given the history but the Welsh surprised me, I thought they would have been more supportive. My sisters were over in Spain during the referendum and said they were ashamed to be Scottish. That surprised me too.

Anyway I will tell you what annoys me. All those pushing the 'better together', 'don't leave Scotland, we love you' brigade. Yeah right.

Let's not forget the other message which was the exact opposite. We now know that if we had achieved independence those so called friends would turn on us as at the first opportunity. Is that how friendship works? Where was the offer of a short term monetary union which benefits everyone? Where was the offer of a mutual defence alliance which benefits everyone...in fact where was the offer of anything to our mutual benefit?...nothing, nada, zilch.

How should we react to that?

I say at least we have had a dry run and know what to expect.

It's all good.

edit on 7-10-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tedgoat

Iceland showed how it can be done. Independence for Scotland might have taken us in a different direction. Salmond stuck to the usual political middle ground with his idea of Scotland's future but his vision doesn't speak for everyone that voted yes.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Sometimes I don't understand myself. Prior to the vote I talked about how it was not about anti-English sentiment but anti-Westminster. I stand by that. I also understand that in conversation rhetoric can get a bit silly from both sides. I am a people person and don't really care about nationality. I have always maintained that this current system is not fit for purpose, if it were then the issue of independence would have been a non starter...for me anyway. I saw it as a chance for real change and one that would take courage to grasp.

I do seem to mention the English, that is just because they are the majority and let's face it the UK is really England...with five million Scots as little more than an appendage. Regards the Northern Irish, I think we all knew the mindset given the history but the Welsh surprised me, I thought they would have been more supportive. My sisters were over in Spain during the referendum and said they were ashamed to be Scottish. That surprised me too.

Anyway I will tell you what annoys me. All those pushing the 'better together', 'don't leave Scotland, we love you' brigade. Yeah right.

Let's not forget the other message which was the exact opposite. We now know that if we had achieved independence those so called friends would turn on us as at the first opportunity. Is that how friendship works? Where was the offer of a short term monetary union which benefits everyone? Where was the offer of a mutual defence alliance which benefits everyone...in fact where was the offer of anything to our mutual benefit?...nothing, nada, zilch.

How should we react to that?

I say at least we have had a dry run and know what to expect.

It's all good.

Like you, I can only give my own opinion. I personally wouldn't have turned on anyone, but like anyone leaving a relationship, an independent Scotland would be exactly that - independent, no particular favours over and above what is reasonable/had been agreed but also no animosity either. The 'mutual benefit' thing..... how much of that was coming from the Independent side? I don't recall anything apart from the first minister making assumptions about what the rest of the UK would give Scotland without any agreement - in fact the opposite, but spent little to no time in public at least engaging in a discussion, just repeating statements as though saying it often enough would make it happen. I don't remember the first minister suggesting what the quid pro quo would be from an Independent Scotland - did I miss something?

Depending on where your sisters are in Spain, there would have been a strong pro or anti independence feeling based on their own situation - but I'm sure you are aware of that.

I actually think we are better together and the majority living (and voting) in Scotland appeared to agree with that sentiment.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

He offered monetary union which was turned down flat even though it would benefit everyone at least in the short term. I didn't want it but there is no doubt in my mind that Westminster would have pushed for it had we voted yes. Do you really think the Bank of England and the Treasury would want us to break free of them? It was all part of the fear campaign which by it's very nature could never show the glimmer of a positive.

Imagine the result if we had had fair and unbiased media coverage etc,

Anyway it will be fun watching those politicians in Westminster that we all love deciding our future. Labour or Tory same old story.

I can see that we will never agree on this or probably anything but sometimes ATS is good for airing our pet peeves.

It's all fandabydozy.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

We would have called for a referendum on the EU. We are part of it just now anyway. I don't feel 'sour grapes' but an opportunity has been lost...for good or bad. We deserved better...not a better result but an open and fairly run referendum. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I find the level of ignorance in some of the posts on here infuriating. Some still buying the carp that caused so many twits to vote NO.

The people voted NO so move on eh? I don't bloody think so. 45% of people in Scotland voted YES, so 'the people' didn't vote NO only less than half of Scots voted NO. Yes I said less than half and I'll tell you why.

In the United states, citizens are allowed to vote on any referendum no matter where in the world they are or are living. They are Americans, they should be able to vote on what happens in their home country. As it should be.

In Scotland ALL Scots not currently residing in Scotland COULD NOT VOTE, Not even those living in England, In addition English people living in Scotland WERE allowed to vote. Give you one guess how most of those scunners voted. Great bloody Britain.

If all Scots all over the world had been allowed to vote the result would have been very different. They knew this, so they engineered it so they could get the NO vote pushed through. A little bit of disinformation and lies and dirty one sided propaganda spewing out of the media thrown in for good measure. They know fine how close they came to losing. There was only 5% in it.

A huge amount of Scots had their voices silenced all over the world and all we could do is watch it happen. I know of not one Scottish person that I know here in The US would have voted NO. I was one of those blocked from voting on the future of my country by the crooks in Westminster because I live in New York, The fact I spent the first 40 years of my life in Scotland and all my friends and family still live there didn't count for anything.

Scotland's brave new future kicked out from under us. To an American the concept of rejecting your own independence is just offensive. ALL my American friends and my American wife are all as upset about the outcome as I am. This was an UNFAIRLY run referendum, contravening basic human rights.

This isn't over. We are the 45.

Free Scotland.

And to all who say being run by England is all great stuff. Check your history.
edit on 7-10-2014 by angus1745 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

He offered monetary union which was turned down flat even though it would benefit everyone at least in the short term.

I can see that we will never agree on this or probably anything but sometimes ATS is good for airing our pet peeves.

It's all fandabydozy.

Regards Midicon.

midicoin, I'm sure there are more things we agree on than we disagree on. The first sentence above though is not one of them. Salmond was not in a position to offer monetary union, he just expected he would get it.... see what I mean?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

I fine the level of ignorance in some of the posts on here infuriating. Some still buying the carp that caused so many twits to vote NO.

The people voted NO so move on eh? I don't bloody think so. 45% of people in Scotland voted YES, so 'the people' didn't vote NO only less than half of Scots voted NO. Yes I said less than half and I'll tell you why.

In the United states, citizens are allowed to vote on any referendum no matter where in the world they are or are living. They are Americans, they should be able to vote on what happens in their home country. As it should be.

In Scotland ALL Scots not currently residing in Scotland COULD NOT VOTE, Not even those living in England, In addition English people living in Scotland WERE allowed to vote. Give you one guess how most of those scunners voted. Great bloody Britain.

If all Scots all over the world had been allowed to vote the result would have been very different. They knew this, so they engineered it so they could get the NO vote pushed through. A little bit of disinformation and lies and dirty one sided propaganda spewing out of the media thrown in for good measure. They know fine how close they came to losing. There was only 5% in it.

A huge amount of Scots had their voices silenced all over the world and all we could do is watch it happen. I know of not one Scottish person that I know here in The US would have voted NO. I was one of those blocked from voting on the future of my country by the crooks in Westminster because I live in New York, The fact I spent the first 40 years of my life in Scotland and all my friends and family still live there didn't count for anything.

Scotland's brave new future kicked out from under us. To an American the concept of rejecting your own independence is just offensive. ALL my American friends and my American wife are all as upset about the outcome as I am. This was an UNFAIRLY run referendum, contravening basic human rights.

This isn't over. We are the 45.

Free Scotland.

And to all who say being run by England is all great stuff. Check your history.

Maybe you should " Free The U.S. " and give it back to The Native Americans. Then you can come home and live in your beloved Scotland.

Or does that not suit your agenda ?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

I fine the level of ignorance in some of the posts on here infuriating. Some still buying the carp that caused so many twits to vote NO.

You are right, the level of ignorance by some on here is strange - you know it was Alex Salmond who decided who could vote don't you? You know he also pushed for the voting age to be reduced because he believed that increased the chance of a Yes vote don't you?

You actually don't know as much about this as I think you think you do, no offence meant.

Actually, some people also argued that as this was about a break up within the UK it should be open to all of the UK, Salmond didn't want that either.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Salmond asked for a mandate from the people of Scotland to propose a monetary union with England. He didn't demand one. I think in all honesty he knew there would be one but could not say it as a fact. Neither could the fear campaigners...

I'm sure there are more things we agree on than we disagree on.

Hey, we can agree to disagree...but you are probably right.

Midicon

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Salmond asked for a mandate from the people of Scotland to propose a monetary union with England. He didn't demand one. I think in all honesty he knew there would be one but could not say it as a fact. Neither could the fear campaigners...

I'm sure there are more things we agree on than we disagree on.

Hey, we can agree to disagree...but you are probably right.

Midicon

All I can say is that in several threads you and I took part in on this subject I made my feelings clear that I think a union remains in our shared interests, but if Scotland voted Yes then I would have wished you all the best. I have absolutely no feelings other than that we all are friends, what I found uncomfortable was posts by some people on both sides (not your good self), particularly ones of the more militant approach which has been evident in this thread alone.

I don't think I'm alone in this though and I remember we chatted on ATS in a different thread the morning the vote was announced and I was certainly not the only person not in Scotland but part of the UK that mentioned how high the voting participation had been and congratulated all of Scotland for actively taking part in such an important decision. It seems a lot of people in Scotland don't appear to have the same feelings though.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This discussion is still going on..funny eh, bunch of crybabies..get over it..you lost. Its called the democratic process, there is a winner and a loser..be gracious and nevermind nitpicking about all the things that you think should of been done different..I imagine if it was a yes these problem would of been ok?
GET OVER IT.

edit on 7-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The US is already free. They got independence from Britain 200 years ago. Oh and have a guess who was behind nicking the land off the Indians in the first place. The same scunners they had a WAR with to get Independence from.

Almost half the signers of the Declaration of Independence were SCOTTISH. Look it up. The declaration itself was based on The Declaration of Arbroath, from yes, SCOTLAND. We invented freedom.

I don't want to go back to my 'beloved' Scotland. I consider myself an Exile until Scotland is free. I like it better here. It's not run by the English. America is a great nation. That is what Scotland could have become. A successful prosperous Independent country. Now the chance is gone, at the hands of English trickery.

The English used a dirty trick at The Battle of Culloden in 1746, drastically changing the outcome of the battle. The Jacobites would have prevailed if not for their murderous trickery. They killed basically everyone, hunted them all down, confiscated lands and banned, Tartan, bagpipes. (they classed them as a weapon) they also tried their best to stamp out The Gaelic language. From that day on we were dominated by England.

They ran this referendum like they fought that battle. Dirtily, underhanded and fuelled by the monetary greed that necessitated a win for them in both situations. No true true Scot in their right mind could possibly vote NO.

It's that simple. A lot of the people who voted NO were suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Or English, Or gullible or greedy, or scared. Frightened like minnows into voting NO. Or just plain ignorant. The rest of us forward thinking Scots want what AMERICA has. Independence. Freedom. The chance to stand on our own.

Unionists are almost like some weird religion. illogical, erratic and flaky and they just will not hear the truth. To them we are the idiots. Just like religious people. NO voters and religious people are also similar in their ignorance. DENY IT.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Wow. I did not know that. You're right. I don't know everything.

Salmond must have been an idiot to make up those rules. I still like to think the overseas votes would have made for a landslide YES vote.

The whole thing was a farce.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join