It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic State, is it what the Middle East needs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion Yep. This is exactly the stuff that will make this next intervention a boondoggle: The implicit idea that Arabs and other Muslims are a different sort of species than us genetically, who need to be mastered by foreign invaders. How would we react if foreigners were saying that about us and getting military involved in our land? By fighting it, in any way possible, even if it takes centuries. And this resistance to being called genetically inferior would be used as more proof of our violent genetic inferiority, but still we'd fight for our humanity.

Its a military/propaganda strategy/talking point with failure guaranteed, with unending conflict guaranteed.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
In their DNA? Really? If that's the case then I need to be careful from these brown people. They're born to cause violence.
Ok, seriously, if we kept our fingers away from the Middle East, didn't divide them all up into countries, never attacked ourselves in 9/11, invade Iraq for a lie, support terrorists in Libya and turn it into a cesspol of terrorists.They exist because of us our interventions, because they're jealous of our freedom and democracy and so we got there and killed them in the name of democracy.

We fund terrorists in the name of fighting terrorism. We created and support illegitimate states such as Saudi Arabia and Israel.[
edit on 19-9-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The Ottoman empire was far from a bloodthirsty empire, the only blood thirst that took place there was when the Europeans came in and screwed everything up and divided it, make it a stomping ground for dictators.

The arab world was never like this for more of it's history, it was quite civil and rich in culture, trade, and science. Once religion went rampant, and different religions started clashing the problems began.
What you see now is mostly the results of European imperialism, and quests for 'glory'.

IF this Islamic state were to come in, it will just be the same as we see now. It'll be a struggle between the people of the area for decades to come, NO ONE likes ISIS, so they will be in constant struggle to gain power.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'm sorry, but it's difficult to take your sources of information seriously.

Here's the headline and the text of a Wiki article;

List of wars involving the Ottoman Empire

This is a list conflicts in Europe ordered chronologically, including civil Wars within the Empire.

There follows over 125 examples with dates.

en.wikipedia.org...

And the idea that the Arab world was civil? Nonsense, they were invading and conquering Christian land and cities for hundreds of years before the Christians said "That's enough!" and started the Crusades. Islam is based, founded, and dependent on conquest.

Rich in science? They took the scientists in the cities they captured, and appropriated their work. In the entire history of the Nobel Prizes in the Sciences, there have been two awarded to Muslims, one was a member of a four person team working in California. The other was declared by the religious and governmental leaders of his country to not be a Muslim, and the carved that word off his tombstone.

As I say, you need a new source of information. I hate it when I get betrayed by my sources, and I'm sure you do, too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join