It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody help explain to me why IE8 will allow me to log onto........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
any other site but ATS? This just started yesterday. I got four new passwords and still wasn't able to log on. But, the strangest part was that I tried to create a new account on ATS, after I couldn't log on and there wasn't a create account button on the page! I thought what is going on with this. So, I went to the local library and went to ATS site and attempted to create an account there and the create account button was on the site! How, can that be? I was finally able to contact someone at above the network. Was given a new pw and tried to long in (again using IE8) and wasn't able to. After several E-mails he basically told me, out of exasperation I'm sure, that 300,000 other members can, so should you. lol. Poor guy. So, then I thought well I'll try another browser. So, I did and here I am! I still don't understand why only ATS was affected and not any of the other forums I am on or my e-mail account. Can anybody explain this to me?

I have a nephew is computer literate and I'm going to have him take photos and stuff so I can upload them and show others exactly what I am describing.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jayna

Try this microsoft site and see if it helps you.
Fix site display problems with compatibilty view

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Why on earth are you still using Internet Explorer?!!? Literally any other browser is better than IE!

What are you looking for in a browser? Speed? Security? Features?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Okay, thanks for the heads up, so IE is the worst. The worst for what? Speed? security? stability? features? My hope was to get some understanding about what may have caused this unusual "glitch" to occur only in regards to ATS? That was all. Perhaps after I do a web search on the issue i will gain some understanding. I'm sure it's a browser issue as when I switched to another browser I was able to sign on here. So, I would say in light of this stability and security would be most important to me. Thanks for the response.
edit on 19-9-2014 by jayna because: add-on

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
IE is the worst as its the least standards following browser around and since it has such a massive market share its the browser of choice to develop exploits against

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
use firefox or chrome...

the other browser is very old.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jayna
Internet Explorer 8?
Are you serious?
Are you running Windows XP?

IE8 is an obsolete browser, besides having more holes in it than swiss cheese. The Overlord did not code this site to be optimal with IE, let alone an obsolete version of it. If you are on XP, it can't be updated. If you are using Vista or 7, you can update it to 9 or 11 respectively. A better bet is to install Google Chrome, turn off hardware acceleration, update your java, and enjoy ATS.

top topics

join