It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Architect Thinks We Should Die by 75

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
One of the "architects" of the ACA Obama.Care, "Dr." Ezekiel Emanual (a.k.a. Mr. Death Panel), says 75 is about it for life on Earth.

He cites some reasons.

I guess he's thinking of the many medical problems that creep up on people with age.

He's not exactly a spring chicken himself.

I wonder what his "final plans & arrangements" are?

Ezekiel Emanuel, former White House Special Adviser on Obamacare and current Director of Clinical Bioethics at NIH, has decided the optimal age for death: Seventy-five

Doubtless, death is a loss. It deprives us of experiences and milestones, of time spent with our spouse and children. In short, it deprives us of all the things we value.

But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

Obamacare Architect Thinks We Should Die by 75

Sounds Like a ....

MediCare Cutback Setup

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Or a compulsive dying law in the making.....they'll get rid of us when we have no useful (to them) purpose ......we become useless feeders....

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It is a peculiar pattern with Obama and the those that he picks to do things for him, they all have a common trait in dictating all of life's limits, but only for everyone else. They declare how old you should be when you die. They want to make decisions about everyone else's lives and dictate what "should" happen.

I would call this a very severe form of criminal insanity. What should people do to defend against these "Adolph Hitler" types? I don't really know for sure, but it won't involve just a friendly conversation with anyone to get it resolved.
edit on 18-9-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Whats that old expression?
Put your money where your mouth is...
I expect to see his family members in the suicide column.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But the rules never apply to them, while they get the best medical care and live to one hundred,

WE should eat less, tighten our belts, and have less access to the best health care, and lower our carbon footprint.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The only reason that what he says is credible, is because the younger generations see their elders as a hindrance.(He's making his statement based on the shortcomings of this society). This is why they get shoved into nursing homes. They don't have the time or willingness to take care of them themselves, and as a trade-off, be able to listen to them and learn from them in real time as we need their advice.

Our culture doesn't value seniors the way other cultures do, we feel guilty about that, so we make medical advances so we can tell ourselves we're helping our elders live longer and healthier lives. There's nothing wrong with wanting a longer and healthier life for people, except for the driving reason that we're doing it.

Try to get people to own up to that though.

If we did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"Carousel! Carousel! Why do you run runner, don't you want your chance of Renewal?" - Sandman

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Old fool... with a name like Ezekiel, he should know that the bible puts a limit on a man's age at 120 years.

Genesis 6:3
Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Welcome to Obamacare!

Welcome to government-funded healthcare!

Now go stand over there, shut up and die.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Am I the only who equates his description of the elderly with people of any age who happen to be disabled? Developmentally, physically, due to accident, disease, or from birth?

As if a sixteen year old who is severely developmentally disabled will be remembered/known by friends and family to not be, " as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic."??

I'm sure that's not what he means.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This is so wrong I don't even know what to say. I wonder how old his mother was when she kicked, if she did indeed yet die. I wonder if he told her she was too old and should die? This man is demented. Other societies value the aged and show them respect.

My dad is 95 and until the age of 93 he still drove, volunteered at the hospital and sat the polls. He's had some difficulties the last two years, but his mind is still sharp as a tack.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That isn't far off from what the WHO says is the average lifespan of an American which is 79.8 years.
List of countries by life expectancy
It was funny that they would use Stephen Hawking as an example though guess the author forgot he lives in a nation that has a national healthcare system that works. The UK ranks 28th and America ranks 34th. The article reads like it was written by an idiot that did no research before writing it but then again it is a right wing site.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

A society that views the wisdom of its' elders with so little value has lost its humanity.
The only people who seem to mirror his sentiment are the elite, and those far from 'old' age.

The ability of the human mind to think up stupid stuff can really be amazing, but to say it out loud is even more amazing!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It is a peculiar pattern with Obama and the those that he picks to do things for him, they all have a common trait in dictating all of life's limits, but only for everyone else

Not really 'pecullar'.

Just part of the his parties modus operandi.

Limits on money. (Them evil rich have to much spread the wealth).

Limits on bullets.( Guns that fire more than one bullet at the squeeze of the trigger= bad)

Limits on guns. ( Only cops should own guns! US little people might hurt ourselves or someone else)

Limits on free speech ( Fox News lies! only one viewpoint is suppose to be heard, and only if it agree with the current regime from modor.)

The op ?

Is just par for the course of an ideology that has been shown time, and time again to be the complete antithesis of what the word liberal means.

edit on 18-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

That isn't far off from what the WHO says is the average lifespan of an American which is 79.8 years.

For the record my grandmother is 95.

Lot's of people are living longer.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
List of countries by life expectancy
It was funny that they would use Stephen Hawking as an example though guess the author forgot he lives in a nation that has a national healthcare system that works. The UK ranks 28th and America ranks 34th. The article reads like it was written by an idiot that did no research before writing it but then again it is a right wing site.

All of which has nothing to do with the "Dr.'s" general message.

Unless you find yourself in agreement with the Death Panel "Dr."?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Did any of you actually read the article?

He is talking about how long he would want to live.

And I am not advocating 75 as the official statistic of a complete, good life in order to save resources, ration health care, or address public-policy issues arising from the increases in life expectancy. What I am trying to do is delineate my views for a good life and make my friends and others think about how they want to live as they grow older. I want them to think of an alternative to succumbing to that slow constriction of activities and aspirations imperceptibly imposed by aging. Are we to embrace the “American immortal” or my “75 and no more” view?

Why I Hope to Die at 75

What is up with the right wing threads nowadays..they just straight out lie..the hell with truth..if it concerns Obama..twist and spin a story or outright lie to make him and company out to be evil.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

One of the "architects" of the ACA Obama.Care, "Dr." Ezekiel Emanual (a.k.a. Mr. Death Panel), says 75 is about it for life on Earth.

Oh now why isn't there more outrage over Emanual eh ?

He is literally throwing grandma off the cliff there.

And grandpa too.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The UK ?

Ain't the same place where Scotland said no thanks. We want independence ?

Last time I checked the UK is in massive debt.

And for the record AGAIN.

We ALREADY have nationalized healthcare.

In the forms of medicare, and medicaid.

That have more people on both of those programs than most EU countries entire populations.

I love that comment though.

That glorious universal 'single payer' delusion.

Some people want the 'government' to take over healthcare when that same government can't even secure the border.

Can't even fight terrorism.

Can't even get baddie Putin to do what it wants.,

And can't even get it's critics from saying 'mean' things.

I don't get it.

Who again is the party that claims to be for 'small' government again?

The largest expansion of big government fascism have come at the hands of the people who gave us:

Medicare.

Medicaid.

And the affordable shaft act.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Did any of you actually read the article?

He is talking about how long he would want to live.

Ahh but that's how the "Dr." always talks.

He cleverly applies the illusion that he would place himself into your shoes.

But of course he won't.

Progressives use tactics that fool many people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join