It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Launch for Lockheed Martin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Considering how far away they will be, and how fast the GPS satellites are going putting something in Geosynchronous orbit to affect them, instead of, I don't know, a SIMILAR orbit, makes as much sense as burning your house down to kill a fly.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks OP.

keep checking these great sites for details of what it is and where it is ......

planet4589.org...

sattrackcam.blogspot.pt...

give it a few days ad all the info will be there ;-)

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
it's a NRO or military satellite, such things have been launched for decades, and this is likely yet another reconnaissance sat

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

NRO sat launches are designated NROL - this one is designated USA and is likely NSA or CIA (I'm going with NSA, given that NSA is heavily in the sigint business), which means it's not your every-day recon sat. Furthermore, most NRO launches there is a general idea of what kind of sat it is, sigint, imint, etc. The fact that the purpose of this satellite is much more secret gives a pretty good indication that it belongs to one of the more shadowy organizations in the intelligence community, and it's doing something that is not widely known for recon sats to do (like take pictures, or intercept eletronic signals like radar and cellphones from earth).
edit on 23-9-2014 by quatro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro

Personally I'm betting DIA. They have a lot of assets no one knows anything about.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Could be, but if it is in fact related to PAN, and PAN is what some have speculated, then I doubt it. Wait and see if this satellite goes into geostationary orbit (or maybe it already is, I didn't look).
edit on 23-9-2014 by quatro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Misdirection is the art and science in compelling your mark to pay attention to the exact wrong thing at the exact right time.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought that the DIA is primarily a HUMINT agency? If it weren't a comsat I'd go with NGA before them.

But I'm sticking with my NRO/NSA idea due to the mythological connections of PAN and CLIO I mentioned before.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

DIA has a LOT of assets. They prefer humint but they have some surprising stuff in their bag. All those UAVs I've alluded to that are in development? A staggering number of those are NOT going to be seen flying with the regular military.
edit on 9/24/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

DIA has a LOT of assets. They prefer humint but they have some surprising stuff in their bag. All those UAVs I've alluded to that are in development? A staggering number of those are NOT going to be seen flying with the regular military.

I'm 95% sure they were just in Syria ironically lol

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: Jenisiz

I guess I should have said they are not very good at keeping a secret..

Wasn't a knock on you op

Naw all good. One does wonder why make it sound like a mystery then allow media coverage. It's like they want it known it was being launched.
It's hard to hide a 1000 foot flame in the sky.

Some one would at least ASK about it I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join