It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal behaviour getting weird in my area

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Last week I had to save a baby possum from 2 crows that were attacking it this was unusual as Ive never seen urban crows go after live prey,today 2 crows were attacking a kookaburra which is a pretty tough gnarly bird you'd think they'd take on something less challenging,at night time the dogs in the area are going crazy for hours on end and I swear the pigeons which are cooing for hours on end are saying 'its started get prepared'',trees seem to be flowering at different times also.

Is mother nature acting weird in your area?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Perhaps the crows are nesting and protecting their domain?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Maybe they could be territorial but this behaviour is a lot bolder than usual they mostly congegate around the 3 schools in the area where they get a free feed so I wouldn't call my area a nesting area

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

What do you think of this ?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Funny you should say that. I noticed the pigeons cooing incessantly yesterday. 'Chalked it up to the weird tropical weather system that Hurricane Odile pumped into the SF Bay area over the last 24 hours.

Also, my cat showed up with two pigeon feathers sticking out of his mouth and looking very satisfied, but I wouldn't classify that as out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

They definately had their money on the black cat

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yeah, racist birds !

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Too many katydids and daddy long legs in my area. And it feels like fall is here early.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

What do you think of this ?

LOL that bird reminds me a lot of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Jab jab...runs away/ repeat.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I have never seen such a thing, they were not provoking the black cat? Odddd indeed! My kitties would have had the birds splayed out on their backs with their wings spread out eating them if they dared get that close.

Ok so on to strange animal behavior, I agree many things have been happening out of the norm around here too. Perhaps not out of norm for nature but as an avid watcher I can say yes, the animals are acting out of their norm.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
we lost 4 out of 5 of our chickens the other day...weird part was no blood very few feathers,eggs untouched...one chicken dead in the pen with no visible injuries...we found 1 chicken head about 20m from the pen....kinda rules out a fox because they are solitary animals no way it could have eaten 3 whole chickens...maybe wild dogs got them..still weird how there was no evidence...the only other thing i can put it down to is some kind of predatory bird who carried them off for feeding elsewhere

the one surviving chicken was untouched hiding in the long grass about 30m from the pen...and no one heard anything and i have a mate camping close to them i am my bedroom is close...very weird

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Last week I had to save a baby possum from 2 crows that were attacking it this was unusual as Ive never seen urban crows go after live prey,today 2 crows were attacking a kookaburra which is a pretty tough gnarly bird you'd think they'd take on something less challenging,at night time the dogs in the area are going crazy for hours on end and I swear the pigeons which are cooing for hours on end are saying 'its started get prepared'',trees seem to be flowering at different times also.

Is mother nature acting weird in your area?

Breeding season. I have like half a dozen crows that must be nesting nearby, and they're not scared of people, you can get within feet of them before they scuttle off. I travelled in the last three days to the other end of the country to my folk's place, and they have about five crows breeding, chasing off everything in the local area too.

I admit the weather's been a little hit and miss for our area, but overall nothing out of the ordinary thus far.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am sorry to hear that, one of the out of the norm things is that I have had to guard our Chickens for the past week, nver before other than putting them up at night which they are trained to do. An Opossum one night, a huge falcon for several days without any fear of me shouting at it or banging stuff to make it go away.

I think it is a sign of a messy winter ahead.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not sure if this is relevant, but...seagulls are noisy at the best of times. Thing is, this past week...it's like they've been in an uproar. Especially during the evening. I live by the sea, so seagulls are a given. But I've never heard them this noisy.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Yep just took the dogs out to pee and the Opossum was back... hungry creatures looking to fatten up for a long hard winter.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I love these threads and find them very important, nature is our best friend and we can learn to listen better for sure.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Forgive me if I missed it, as I looked twice but where in the Country are you? My animals are in hiding tonight, and the cat normally rolls over for a belly rub so not sure that qualifies but the MIA is. Usually they are home by this time. No bird sounds at all and dogs next door are quiet so not sure. Will pay attention. I beieve they can sense things that may not materialize immediately too.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Im in Brisbane Australia

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In the last couple of weeks I've noticed the neighbourhood dogs barking like crazy, that's all. My cats are acting normally. Birds are migrating south for the winter now, flying over in V Formations. It seems normal for September. Although it's been very hot, but now it's cooler. South western BC here.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I don't know about anywhere else, but in my backyard, it was the Year of Daddy Long Legs!

While doing yard work this summer, I noticed what looked like hundreds of DDL on a wood pile.
There were so many they were climbing on top of each other. They were big too!

It didn't stop there! My garden was loaded with them too. They were everywhere!
On a one (me) on one (spider) basis, I'm not afraid of them, but when you get 5 or 6 on each plant,
you just KNOW one of them are gonna end up crawling on me and I don't go for that!

I wish I would have taken a pic of them on the woodpile. Never seen something like that before.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join