It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Playing Arche Age?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I picked this up as a Founder and played in the last few Closed and then open Beta.

Here's a link to the game website

It's a very popular game that has been released and extremely popular in South Korea and Russia for some time.

It is F2P, and was just released on Tuesday.

It's an elaborate MMORPG that includes crafting, home ownership, dungeons, PVE but mostly ship ownership and small and large scale PVP.

I am not a PVPer, but I'm loving my time so far, when I can actually get online.

I play as Valorean on the Tahyang server; feel free to stop by and say hello.

I think it'd be cool to have a ATS Guild ... if enough folks are interested.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it.

Gryph

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I was playing in Alpha. Now that it's released, there hardly is no playing. The 2 - 23-hour queues make it almost impossible to play right now.

I didn't spend $150 Founder Pack to sit in a queue for hours to play. When I turn a game on, I expect to be able to play it. Not sit at a queue screen for hours and hours.

Right now, I've been in queue for 2.5 hours and there were 1800 people ahead of me. Now there are 500 and it's still saying there's over an hour left to go in queue.

Eff that.

But, live and learn. I won't make that mistake again from anything that Trion Worlds is involved with going forward.

Already in a guild, btw.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As of a few hours ago, there were 30,000 people waiting in queues on all eight North American servers.

On a better note, I just read a thread on the ArcheAge forums from the CEO who said they just got new server hardware in this morning and are in the process of getting more servers online.

And, they are also actively manually booting AFK'ers off of the servers so people can get in and play.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Im on Inoch server, no queues since headstart and im a founder.
really cool game so far.

[EDIT] Just went to sign in and have a 50 person queue my luck has been cut short!
edit on pThu, 18 Sep 2014 19:30:11 -0500201411pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-18T19:30:11-05:0030p07 by ProspectPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I feel your pain Bonz ... and Prospect, you've been lucky for sure.

I did the Archeum Founders so yeah, every minute I sit in queue is like salty sandpaper on the soft parts.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it. I love the potential of the game, anyway.

Anyone can feel free to drop by Tahyang and say high ... open invitation.

When I get the house and ship going, we'll have a cupa and then go for a sail.

LOL.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am currently downloading it.
I am really curious if the positive things I read overweigh the negative things.
EU just got new servers that are currently being set up, so let us hope it will resolve some issues

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

One of the issues is (from what I've heard) people found a way to afk by going into a house (or structure) and hitting a dummy so the server doesn't kick them.

A lot of people are saying that they should add more servers but I think the issue is that it was just released so there's a large influx of players. Once people begin to quit and leave the servers will get less crowded. If you add to many new servers it runs the risk of having low population on x servers.

A few of my friends are currently playing this but I haven't played an MMO in almost a year. Although ArchAge does have some unique features it's still just the same as most of the others. I'm still waiting for that next gen MMO.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm downloading it now, I'll give it a shot. I haven't really been happy with an MMO (that's the only type of game I play) since before the NGE in Star Wars Galaxies. I was super excited about Wild Star but something went horribly wrong with it. Here goes...

top topics

join