It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk About my Real Flight RC Sim (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Love the game, feels like great physics and nice graphics and sound. Here is a short clip of me flying an RC F15 Eagle, I beleive this is something around 80 or 100 inches wingspan. Giant scale, as it were.

Note during the video there are moment of frame lag, this is due to the framerate limit set on the screen recording software.
The actual gameplay framerate is smooth and fast on an Nvidia GTX670M card.

here is a video about the game in general.

Thoughts?

OG

edit on 9-18-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How's RF 7? I never got around to upgrading from 5.5, have they added any Blade R/C Helis? I actually haven't even re-installed RF on my new gaming rig I just got done building.
Rig Consists of:
EVGA Z97 FTW MoBo
Pentium G3258 Devils Canyon CPU OC-ed to 4.8GHZ (from 3.2ghz) on Corsair H100i water cooling
EVGA ACX FTW 750Ti
OCZ 240gig SSD on it's way running a cheapo 250gig convential HD I had for now with a seagate 1.5TB data drive
SeaSonic 750watt PSU
G.Skill Trident X 8gb DDR2666 OC'ed to DDR2800 with tighter timings

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I cant tell you how 7 is because I have version 6.5. What happens is you buy the original version, plus free updates until the next version number. For example I bought v6.0 with the controller, and got the update to 6.5 free, but if i wanted 7, I have to pay to upgrade.

I can say this, there was a major change in graphics and lighting/reflections on the 6.5 upgrade, and I dont think version 7 is different graphics wise than the 6.5 version.

OG
edit on 9-18-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow! That software sure has come a long way!

I used to have it way back when. It ran in a DOS shell in Windows 95. Completely forgot about that sim.

I used to like tinkering with and fine tuning all the characteristics of the planes. Could wind up with some very funky things.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Wow! That software sure has come a long way!

I used to have it way back when. It ran in a DOS shell in Windows 95. Completely forgot about that sim.

I used to like tinkering with and fine tuning all the characteristics of the planes. Could wind up with some very funky things.

Yea I like it very much...I also like to take a spare hdmi cable and hook my comp up to a 65' plasma tv, which by the way can be switched to 3d mode to allow running the flight sim in 3d (pretty cool seeing the plane fly by)

All in all there is one other major flight sim for rc but I forget the name...

OG

edit on 9-20-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
How's RF 7? I never got around to upgrading from 5.5, have they added any Blade R/C Helis? I actually haven't even re-installed RF on my new gaming rig I just got done building.
Rig Consists of:
EVGA Z97 FTW MoBo
Pentium G3258 Devils Canyon CPU OC-ed to 4.8GHZ (from 3.2ghz) on Corsair H100i water cooling
EVGA ACX FTW 750Ti
OCZ 240gig SSD on it's way running a cheapo 250gig convential HD I had for now with a seagate 1.5TB data drive
SeaSonic 750watt PSU
G.Skill Trident X 8gb DDR2666 OC'ed to DDR2800 with tighter timings

What im running it on is a

Toshiba Qosmio laptop 17" hd LED.
Nvidia GTX670M 3GB DDR5 Video card
22GB RAM (16GB of which is Corsair Vengeance RAM)
with an Intel I7 3610QM Ivy Bridge
2 Hard Drives, one 750GB hybrid ssd drive, the other a standard 750GB

and occasionally hooking it up to the 65" Panny 3d plasma, oh yeah baby!

OG

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

I have a 17" ASUS Republic Of Gamers laptop that I use when I have to go onsite for a customer (I work in the PC repair industry) but I hardly ever game on it it's just a workhorse for my business because I have 3 other rigs I can game on.
Newegg.com
edit on 9/22/2014 by BigDave-AR because: Added link

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
a reply to: OrionsGem

I have a 17" ASUS Republic Of Gamers laptop that I use when I have to go onsite for a customer (I work in the PC repair industry) but I hardly ever game on it it's just a workhorse for my business because I have 3 other rigs I can game on.
Newegg.com

You should just get the 7.0, The difference in graphics and lighting is very noticeable...

OG

top topics

join