It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circular lightening caught on film?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A friend and i were chatting about the best lightening storm we had ever seen and she told me that she once saw lightening make an almost perfect circle. I joked its shame she didnt get a picture and to my surprise she said she did. She said she been trying to find another example of it online for a while but has drawn a blank and asked me if i had heard of it before. Id never heard of this so i thought id post it here in case there any experts who have any ideas about it. I cant find anything similar online.

Well here's the picture (taken on an iphone 4) , what do you think?

edit on 18-9-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've seen some pretty awesome lightning storms but never seen a circular strike. Never seen a picture either.

When I first saw it it seemed like it's a seperate strike close by making it look circular. After looking at it for 20 seconds it looks more like the right side is a reflection.

Cool picture. Too bad it was taken from an iPhone.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I tried to Google circular lightning, and the first hit was an ATS thread from 2011 with a nice pic.

It happens apparently, your pic though is more like two lightning bolts grounding simultaneous.

CLICK ME

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im pretty sure she said she saw it make the loop but ill check with her.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lightening is 'simply' electricity moving along the path of least resistance... if that path happens to be circular, then a loop of lightening is produced (my undergrad meteorology class comes in handy all the time... though it was admittedly a party school).

However, that circle of lightening in midair in the 2nd picture is a cloaked saucer getting struck.... of course... this IS ATS after all.

top topics

join