It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #5: Why The Apple Watch Sucks, Lying Democrats, and more...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
In this episode we break tradition and take focus on the insane consumerism, hype, and outright BS of Apple. This week, in typical super-hype fashion, complete with a breathless media spewing for countless rumor stories, Apple announced it's new phones, new version of iOS, and the Apple Watch (formerly called the iWatch by media). We don't fall for any of the hype, and show you exactly what's going on. We also take a look at how politicians have sold out to big corporations again, and how Senate democrats are lying by omitting important facts from their re-election promises.

Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Follow Next Level BS on LockerDome

Or, just go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

Next Level BS is a production of The Above Network, LLC, with the collaboration of AboveTopSecret.com. The views expressed in the videos, video comments, and social media pages of Next Level BS are those of the producers and host, and don't necessarily reflect the views of AboveTopSecret.com or The Above Network, LLC.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Great episode!

You had me laughing with the "Apple" part!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Apple watch is BS for one reason only..... it aint waterproof. When was the last time a human-being wore a watch that was not resistant to water?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Al Franken

He's 100% all BeeEss !!!

He wasn't even a good comedian.

A complete horse face.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The Apple hype is starting to wear thin. Wow a Dick Tracy watch.........what a novel idea. Good show keep it coming!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wow... I guess we can say anything as long as its catchy and includes an edgy dubstep intro..

Ugh.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Joe, why'd you go easy on apple? No mention of the beyond NLBS of giving away a crap album from a band well past their prime, in an effort to make distract from the fact that the newest phone is finally going to have features every non-iphone user has had available to them for a while?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lol, Apple is such a joke nowadays. I'll enjoy my 2015 Samsung shortly while Apple fanboys will be enjoying a 900$ new Iphone crammed full of the tech I had in 2012.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Apple products provide quality of life, discourages exploitation of 3rd world labour, gives us jobs and puts food on the table and encourages family unity. Their products cannot be used for tracking and data collection. They do not break-down and become unusable after a nominal period, and the regular updates are for the good of the owner.

In other BS, American politicians are awesome.

Joe, keep em coming mate, I am really enjoying your vids.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Doesn't skilled workers already achieve regular wage increases? In unions they sure do. If this is gonna be just another right wing shrill talking point channel I'm so glad I haven't subscribed yet!!!

I liked the bit on Apple, he was right on.

Oh btw I think it would be great if Everyone got a raise, instead of the wealthy year after year getting more wealthy!!!!

All of us get growth would be awesome, don't you think????
edit on 18-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Doesn't skilled workers already achieve regular wage increases? In unions they sure do.

I think you missed the point.

The average entry-level carpenter here in Phoenix gets $12.50/hour. Unskilled fast-food workers want $15/hour, and that's the zone these idiotic democrats are using… just to pander for votes.

The "minimum wage" is the floor upon which nearly all other wages are certain percentages higher. It was never intended as a "living wage" for people working full-time, it was intended as an entry-level wage for new entries into the workforce and/or those with no skills to merit higher wages.

If you raise the minimum, it has a seismic effect throughout the entire wage structure.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This guy sucks.. Who the hell cares about apple.
This is just garbage news..

And minimum wage dont need to be raised.. Places where min wage is 10 bucks an hr they pay more for items that we dont..
Just saying.. really this guy sucks..
edit on 9/18/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Apple watch is BS for one reason only..... it aint waterproof. When was the last time a human-being wore a watch that was not resistant to water?

Picture your "hardcore" Apple consumer (the people waiting in line for a week before the next "thing" goes on sale). They don't strike me as the type that sees water very often anywhere other than the shower (which is probably rare as well). They're in no danger of diving into a lake with their watch on anytime soon.

I do hope they still wash their hands, though.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Ok I don't support the $15 a hour, I do support $10 a hour. Its the unions attempting to get $15 a hour, they are serving there own interests. Democrats are attempting to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 a hour, isn't this correct?

I'm a Journeyman Baker, if I worked a union job I would make $16 a hour. I would probably start at $13 or $14 a hour and achieve $16 in the first three years.

I'm also a Sous Chef non union and I would expect to earn between $13-$18 a hour at a four star hotel or restaurant. I have 30+ years experience in the food service industry, half of that time was some form of management. I have a working understanding of P&L or profit & loss systems and I run shift labor at between 12% and 14%, when the goal was to be under 22%.

You have to make sometimes on the level of $12ish a hour to avoid needing government benefits for a family, but $10 a hour would greatly save tax payer money by limiting the government assistance currently paid to folks making $7.50 a hour. The money saved by not paying out so much in assistance would goto tax breaks, a win win for all.

Tax breaks should be used, if a company works there employees at full time with benefits and a more liveable wage at $10ish a hour that company should get a nice tax break. If the company's employees are on government assistance they should be taxed heavily.

The difference in pay and benefits will work out to instead of McDonald's paying $.53 cents per share they would only pay $.45ish cents per share. The game is rigged for the corporation and has been for decades, instead of McyDs making $5 billion in profit they may only make $4 billion in profit, but the entire economy will grow and more will make more money and millions would not need so much welfare assistance. However if there employees are not drawing so much governmental assistance the tax break would compensate some of the loss, but the rich would still be getting richer each year.

In my humble opinion, my numbers are a educated guess, but I think it would work.

The government turned our main industry from a manufacturing economy to a service related economy. Manufacturing usually pays much more than the service industry.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

World's first mobile phone walking lane for 'zombie pedestrians' addicted to texting

oh the insanity... it is getting worse!

I agree... the consumer trend with all mobile phones is absurd.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Has anyone else noticed that you can't have a fake email any more with all the big companies. Gmail wants your cell phone number. Outlook.com wants another email address to come back to. There's no real anonymity unless you go looking for it. It's all designed to come back to who you actually are. That sucks for dating sites for sure.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wtf2008

well just get a bogus/fake phone account... I know heaps of People that have BS phone accounts.

then that is the platform for all the other accounts. You can buy sim cards and register them in other names... that is easy.
don't buy a new phone because they have a tracking feature... the old phones don't have that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: wtf2008

well just get a bogus/fake phone account... I know heaps of People that have BS phone accounts.

then that is the platform for all the other accounts. You can buy sim cards and register them in other names... that is easy.
don't buy a new phone because they have a tracking feature... the old phones don't have that.

where i live, you don't have to register prepaid sim cards. that doesn't change the fact that unless you bought your cell phone directly at the store without a contract, the imei will be registered to your name so someone can still track you.

also, every cell phone is trackable. smartphones have more features that make it easy, but you can simply disable those - data transfer, gps, whatever. that doesn't change the fact that when you bought a 10 year old cell phone at a pawnshop, and the seller had the imei written down in his papers, you can still be found by checking the recordings from cctvs in the area, not even mentioning the cctvs in your area when you're using said cell phone.

just don't get paranoid, and if you are - throw away your cell phone and live in the woods, because that's your only hope.

as for email accounts, spreading fud - email or phone number is needed for password recovery and security reasons. i've given outlook my phone number so that every access from unauthorized location has to be verified via sms. that way when someone would access my emails, i would be CERTAIN it was the company hosting it, because anyone else would need my phone. you cannot be truly anonymous on the internet anyway, so i prefer to at least stay secure. besides, anonymity is overrated - i'm all against fake emails, fake facebook accounts and overall fake identities, in every place where real identity is somehow expected. too much anonymity leads to abuse.

as for apple, i've heard they did the good thing by providing new encryption in iOS 8. sure, blackberry and their BB 10 is probably much better in this regard, but at least they somehow care. don't get me wrong, they surely just care for their own business, but the truth is that as long as they can throw a wrench in police state machinery, they will, because people want that and at least for some it will be a matter of buy - don't buy this/that device. microsoft does the same thing, fighting for the privacy of their email service.

as for the exploitation of the 3rd world labour, which company doesn't do that? everyone gets their crap manufactured by foxconn and alikes, even blackberry. blame foxconn, then blame yourself for buying it.

as for the watch, well. apple surely needs steve jobs and is going downhill without him, but that's hardly any news. they weren't the ones to start with this smartwatch crap though, just look at samsung and sony - and i don't see anyone here attacking them. it's all business after all, simple as that. people want it - apple gets it done. the design is BS though, but same goes with new iphones - no innovation at all. at least iphone 6 is still less than 70mm wide, but i would choose iphone 5c if anything from apple.

still, i don't buy the 'rest of the world had such features for years' crap, because apart windows phone and blackberries, the rest of the world had constantly lagging/freezing smartphones running android. it's kinda pathetic when the most vocal group - vocal because they really are using the most high-end hardware, and they're thinking their software is the holy grail of open source - is using the most lagging, NSA-friendly, spying on every occassion, bugged operating system, which isn't even truly opensourced, because all the core google apps, as well as all manufacturer addons, are closed - and their hardware is the most high-end because it has to be to run that stockpile of crap code at any reasonable speed. sure, apple is lagging behind and without steve jobs, they fall short on creativity when it comes to improving the features that other companies already provide, but at least when they release something, it's supposed to work, not crash.

disclaimer: i don't own any apple device, but i will certainly stay away from anything google-related.
edit on 19-9-2014 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster
I used to use a prepay cell phone, and paid for minutes with a prepay credit card under a fake name. Now I just don't bother with a cell phone at all, who wants to be available 24/7 anyway? If I go somewhere, to the beach or whatever, I don't go there to yack on the phone, text and surf the internet.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Apple products provide quality of life, discourages exploitation of 3rd world labour, gives us jobs and puts food on the table and encourages family unity. Their products cannot be used for tracking and data collection. They do not break-down and become unusable after a nominal period, and the regular updates are for the good of the owner.

In other BS, American politicians are awesome.

Joe, keep em coming mate, I am really enjoying your vids.

I try and always look at others opinions without chastisement and ridicule, but you my mouth wide open with shock and disgust for the first paragraph there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join