It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls Close In Historic Scottish Referendum

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Yes, sorry, some sort of typo there missed out the state I was referring to - Texas

And thanks for the rest of the info....I did say I wasn't that clued up on the in's and outs of it

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
All good, I knew exactly what you were going for.
This article here gives a pretty good rundown on the matter of secession in the "States."

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The No Won?....NA... Democracy Lost.

Never has there been such a one sided view by the media or influenced by Politicians lies and deceit like we have seen in Scotland this past year.

We will remember each and every one of them.

And once I ask - and what will you do? Remember them and do what exactly?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A very comprehensive article, thank you.

However, it does overlook one point. In their agreements to form the Union, both New York and Virginia specifically stated that their membership was contingent on the Federal government adhering to the Constitution. If Virginia were to bring the matter up to the World Court as a contract dispute between two sovereign nations, I think they could easily prove that the Federal government has not upheld their end of the agreement. Since it would be a simple matter of a breech of contract, the contract could be rendered null and void.

Of course, the US government doesn't bother to follow laws that it doesn't like. The most likely result is that Virginia would become the Gaza or Tibet of the western hemisphere.
edit on 19-9-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

A very comprehensive article, thank you.

However, it does overlook one point. In their agreements to form the Union, both New York and Virginia specifically stated that their membership was contingent on the Federal government adhering to the Constitution. If Virginia were to bring the matter up to the World Court as a contract dispute between two sovereign nations, I think they could easily prove that the Federal government has not upheld their end of the agreement. Since it would be a simple matter of a breech of contract, the contract could be rendered null and void.

Of course, the US government doesn't bother to follow laws that it doesn't like. The most likely result is that Virginia would become the Gaza or Tibet of the western hemisphere.

Yes, that is a very good point and possible scenario. I would point out though Virginia is likely not to take this approach, they have a lot, and I mean a lot of military and Defense Industry in State that puts ample money to their coffers. I lived there for 3 years while in the Navy and didn't like it there. FYI, there is this thread going on for this exact discussion: New poll shows 1 in 4 Americans Open to Secession

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Best possible result for Cameron. Scotland stays in the Union and the other nations are to get devolved powers - thereby almost handing England to the Conservative Party, certainly for the foreseeable future. Devolved powers = bad news for Labour numbers at Westminster.

That aside, well done Scotland for turning out in such huge numbers and for making a decision.

What devolved powers...Please tell me. because nobody seems to know.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I think there was something about a fag packet.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I think there was something about a fag packet.

Aye...exactly...prepare to be opened up like a kipper.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well, seeing as it's not even been 24hrs, what do you expect?

He has laid out a timetable for devolution in all 4 Home Nations - if you'd have been paying attention you'd know this.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Guardian has laid out the results by council, with one of those handy clicky maps. The vote was very close in some areas - and quite one-sided in others. The Shetlands and the Orkneys were both against independence by around 66% to 33%, which is pretty interesting.
edit on 19-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
No wins, the baby eaters win again.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stackpot
No wins, the baby eaters win again.

Evil wins again.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm very disappointed in the no vote. I hope the vote was rigged, because I refuse to believe my ancestors have fallen to this level. From now on whenever, and forever after I drink scotch I'll refer to it as pussy juice.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
rigged..

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mrnotobc

How pathetic, no really, that really is. Pussy juice?

Fallen to what level, exactly? They made their choice and that was to remain part of a Union that has endured longer than your nation has even existed.

"Ancestors"? Why is it that Americans have such a tent pole for their "ancestors"? Is it because you lack any history and real identity yourselves?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Of course that Crimean vote was definitively rigged, but an election in Scotland is beyond reproach.

Slightly longer version of the vid on facebook.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I find this post-referendum analysis rather sad. It shows an embarrassingly low tolerance level in accepting other people have a view and intelligence.

On the one hand people cry that there is a lack of democratic process, then when an open process is conducted and they don't like the result they (er) cry about the democratic process. "We want democracy, but only if the result is A, B and C".

Roll on the fascists where only one worldview will be tolerated.

Regards

edit on 20/9/2014 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: numberjuggler

There have been no allegations from anyone but the fringe that there was vote rigging - you seem to be blissfully unaware of how votes are carried out in the UK, with observers from all parties concerned as well as independent monitoring organisations.

Also, the vote was entirely organised by the Scottish people, through their own councils and Government. The UK Government had no hand in it.

And, this is probably the most important point, to rig the vote would have had to include tens of thousands of otherwise ordinary people who had volunteered to count and observe the vote - many of whom were probably Yes voters.

So surely, had there been any attempt to rig the vote, it would have been noticed?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

That is true but ....

Inserting a few more piles on an otherwise full table is not that difficult. Sleight of hand is easy.

The problem really is that voter fraud does exist, has happened and will continue to happen.

There is always a question.

The bigger problem most of the time is allowing the sheep to vote.

Now, define a sheep.

P

edit on 20/9/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Of course, there is voter fraud all the time, when individuals or groups conspire to cast votes for other people, for example. That happens quite a bit yet, quite often, they are caught. There have been several cases over the past few years of attempts to defraud an election - mainly, I might add, by Islamic groups trying to subvert the democratic process.

However, there is no evidence at all of wide spread vote rigging, none at all. It's simply not as easy as "a few extra ballots on a table". The level of scrutiny the ballot boxes and the contained votes are under is constant, so someone would notice someone else trying to add more votes to the pile that clearly didn't come out of the box.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join