It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Yr old caught on fire and crashes truck is sighted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is what happened, an 18 yr old was driving and he had some friends in the car with him. A kid in the front seat I believe that kid is 16 yrs old took his lighter and caught the drivers arm pit hair on fire and there for the driver crashed rolling his truck. Everyone in the truck was hurt and the 16 yr old got sighted for interfering with the driver. But what pisses me off is they sighted the driver for inattentive driving, OMG.

I want the law to know if I am on fire I am not going to be attentive to my driving. Jezzz I cannot believe this.

centurylink.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stari
This is what happened, an 18 yr old was driving and he had some friends in the car with him. A kid in the front seat I believe that kid is 16 yrs old took his lighter and caught the drivers arm pit hair on fire and there for the driver crashed rolling his truck. Everyone in the truck was hurt and the 16 yr old got sighted for interfering with the driver. But what pisses me off is they sighted the driver for inattentive driving, OMG.

I want the law to know if I am on fire I am not going to be attentive to my driving. Jezzz I cannot believe this.

centurylink.net...

Being set alight by your passenger really would be the pits.

I guess these teens will have to use Pubic Transportation from now on.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

I know this is foolish but I can't stop giggling...

Lighting the guy's arm pit hairs? Classic!

I know...sick mind and all but that's just me...at 50 yrs of age as well!

Will I ever grow up? Nah!

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Will I ever grow up? Nah!

Peace

No need to grow up I am also in my 50's and although the subject is hilarious what those cops did to the driver totally sucks!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm just glad the driver can still see!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So the driver wasn't blind at all then!

I suppose it was lucky that Jimmy Hoffa wasn't driving when he got 'offed' from behind in a car, (as the legend goes) otherwise he would have been cited for inattention...posthumously. What a crap charge!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

I'm just glad the driver can still see!

Ditto!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Heck ya its a crap charge, I hope to hear the judge throws that charge out. That driver is just starting his life of driving he doesn't deserve that charge.

And yes I am so glad he has not been blinded cause of what that kid did to him.

I am very mad at whichever Idaho cop did that to the 18 yr old.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

Heck ya its a crap charge, I hope to hear the judge throws that charge out. That driver is just starting his life of driving he doesn't deserve that charge.

FFS stop it already, you have me in stitches.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I agree, he certainly didn't deserve a sightation just because he packed his 4x4 with a bunch of rambunctious teenagers and headed on down the road.

What's the poor guy s'posed to do? Pull over and tell them all to settle down or get out? He'd have no one left to party with if he did that.

Jeez, it's not like he killed some innocent passers-by after losing control of his vehicle or anything.

But he could have.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Yes he could have, but he was on fire, and worse yet his pit was on fire... LOL

And what if you and your friends decided to go out for an evening of fun and one of them caught you on fire while you were driving?!? Should you be charged if your vehicle was driven into a tree or like this article says rolled your vehicle. Should you be charged? I think not.

ok, I have to leave this alone for a bit, it is totally ridiculous!
edit on 18-9-2014 by Stari because: To add a what if line or two.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Short of tickling a bomb technician while he or she works, I cannot conceive of a more irresponsible thing to do, than setting a drivers armpit hair on fire, while the vehicle is in motion. It is a fairly bloody stupid thing to do at the best of times, but when someone is engaged in trying to control a motor vehicle, they are essentially in control of a considerable destructive force, one which must be respected at all times. A failure of either drivers, or passengers to respect that fact, leads to consequences ranging from the sudden, all the way to the fatal, and it is mindlessness of the most vast sort, which ignores these things in pursuit of a laugh or two.

Looking at it from a different angle, a laugh is a good thing to have, but generally, one has fewer if one is prepared to risk their life for one, purely on a whim. While one would not wish to be a curmudgeon, it is also indesputable, that it is easier to have a laugh, if one has breath in ones lungs to laugh with.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very well put TrueBrit.

It was a totally rude and childish thing that kid did to his friend. And that kid should be the one who gets all of the charges. IMO

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The driver must have had quite a thatch....... he could have just closed his arm over the fire and snuffed it.....
The whole story makes me think the world is full of idiots....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I think the same thing more so everyday.

I try not to believe it but everything around tells me it's true. I see idiocy everywhere I turn, at work, on TV, in the comments of threads on ATS....

Scary times indeed.
edit on 19-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join