It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick of being poor.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: ChefSlug

If you can consider the luxury of a heavily taxed pack of cigarettes and own your own vehicle, you aren't poor. For a $500 investment and about 4 hours per week of extra work, you can create your own aquaponic setup at home and produce 80% of the food you need to eat. Humans follow a linear progression of income gains over the course of their lifetime because they are creatures of habit. If you never invest in the means of production, you will never increase your income by more than a handful of percentage points with each passing year. If your income doesn't grow by at least 3% per year, you are losing the game by any objective measurement. In reality, your income should grow by at least 12% per year, if not 40% or 500% if you're lucky. Those who live in a capitalist country and refuse to participate as capitalists are pissing away the greatest opportunity humankind has ever known. Capitalism is literally the operation of your freedom in actuality. If you aren't playing the game, you might as well live in a despotic nation. Life for you is no different from slaves in a fascist country.

"the game" turns the rest of the country into a despotic nation, for people without the admittance fee. I don't expect you to care about such things as long as your income is growing by 500% a year or however many points you get, but at least be concious of the fact that only certain people are allowed to play the game and the rules are stacked against everyone else.

Why would any sane person choose to play a game starting out at such a disadvantage? Would you play a game of monopoly with your friends if they started out with 98% of the in-game cash and you started out in debt with all your property cards flipped over? (if you even have a house on baltic ave...)

Your simplistic view sure is fun, and works good for some, but it doesn't match reality. in fact reality is continuing to shrink ever farther away from your ideal.

A person's bank account and their gap between reality and illusion seem to grow along side each other. I'd wonder if cash was spiked with some sort of drug, but I know the wealthy don't bother touching paper money.
edit on 19-9-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I love playing MMOs actually and in those you start out with nothing and have to compete against millions of other players in a totally competitive environment. I've regularly climbed to the top 1000 on games that I play often and it is nothing more than daily participation and logical action that leads towards my success. Unfortunately, games are designed to reflect people's intuition and life is not that way. Many of the most profitable endeavors are entirely counter-intuitive in the real world.

If you find yourself penniless on the street just think of it as hardcore survivor mode. Obviously you advanced so highly in a past life that in order for life to be challenging for you, you had to increase the difficulty. We have had presidents in this country who were once homeless selling firewood on the street, and we now have a drunk fratboy billionaire who earned most of his money never having to leave the confines of the nearest internet browser so those facts alone should encourage almost anyone.

Personally, I think optimistic people should evangelize. More than any other ideology in human history, optimism has not had enough proselytizer and the world would benefit greatly from an increase in the rate of converts.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A lot of people are struggling. When you have to stop and get gas; $50 here, 40 there, 35 here, 60 there----it doesn't take long. Then, going grocery shopping; Just get a few things and it comes up to over a hundred bucks. Then basic bills. They just keep getting higher and higher. I'm sick of it too. We cannot sustain on this road. But the rich are doing great, though. They cruise around on the lake in their big boats, drive around in their big, nice vehicles, live in their big homes, etc. etc.. They have no worries. Many of them that I know inherited it. Must be nice. For the ones who earned it, I respect. It's just a matter of time before it all goes to hell and people snap. I really believe it will happen. All the signs are there. I hear people talking in public about "them". The elites who own the stores, the wall street speculators whop keep inflation high....their day is coming, IMO. I think there will be a backlash and people will go after them all. Sad that America has been perverted by greedy shysters. It is human suffering.

One of these scum bags even sent out a warning to all his little friends:
www.politico.com...-vZ0yCg
edit on 19-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Unity_99
a reply to: nonspecific

I read alot of threads on lucid and astral. And here we have a person, able to bend space and time, reach Higher Self or Guide and start brainstorming why they're here, and learn abilities they can use in the real world. Most do other things.

This is the jackpot in manifesting. Feel really happy about things and manifest them here, from there. With Spirit and Source, and maybe if a person's goal is discovering who they are and their loving essence and that they came in with real goals to polish up and shine love and reach people or do things, then they're going to be envisioning what is in partnership with Source.

I understand what you are saying to a degree. I just failed to see how they claimed to be poor and could not buy bigmacs and you said that astal projection would help? I am not saying it would not but I feel this may be more of a real world problem than a spiritual endeavour. please explain how you feel your advice may help the OP.

Reread my initial post and realize its about waking up inside and starting to discover who you really are, and what you really came here to do, with your family often, to grow past past errors or problems, to grow up basically in both love and integrity and reactions to people, and then start to find out what gifts you want to contribute to the world and set sail on plans that are not just working for mcdonalds, but striving to create abundance into the world, co-create, use positive images and emotions and start changing things around.

But the Spirit journey or awareness comes first, you seek within and use all the tools there are, including lucid dreaming.

You don't just "be stuck" in a box, in this world, without doing all you can to find out why you're here and what you might do with your life in a different way.

Its a journey.

If a person starts doing that, seeking, asking their soul before sleep, doing a bit of meditation, sungazing out the corners of their eyes, and tries to uplift mood to higher state of mind, then the short cuts, so you don't spend a year on this, would be researching how to lucid dream and once you can, picture a trampoline and JUMP out of the lower realms to meet with your Guide or Higher Self or see Buddha even, or Christ or Michael, and start asking questions or gaining skills. Go to school up there, bring it down here, and start a little business. I wish the whole world would start on this journey.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hear you, brother. It can be super frustrating sometimes. There have been many many times over the past year or so when I would run out of money halfway through my pay period and not have enough gas to get back to work. Sucks to have to rack up hundreds of dollars in debt every year just to be able to get to one's job. I guess that's probably par for the course these days though.
edit on 19-9-2014 by MisterCoffee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would suggest watching The Apprentice on Youtube, particularly the Alan Sugar ones but the US ones are good too. There are many ways to start a business without loads of capital but it does need a lot of thinking on your feet, some sales ability, and determination.

You have some good advice in this thread on the spiritual aspects of life and it also pays to remember that energy flows in the direction where we place our attention, so if you concentrate on poverty, it is likely you will perceive poverty everywhere. The opposite is also true. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Poverty is your treasure. Never exchange it for an easy life.
- Zen Koan

It's easier for a camel to go through eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heavens ( = be happy, live in a 'heaven' in the astral world after death).
- The Oiled One

The things you own, end up owning you.
- Some silly movie

Material wealth wouldn't bring your happiness.. your struggle will cultivate you more than possessions ever could. Remember that no one can take their gold coins with them when their body dies, so what would be the point anyway?

Wealth sort of 'chains' the spirit, while poverty doesn't, so even if your physical side is poor, your spirit is richer. And as they say, the more you suffer, the 'brighter clothing' your soul will have. (It makes sense when you're in the astral world)

There are glue-sniffing homeless kids in the Philippines that fall asleep amidst traffic. Do you feel you're more poor than them?

Maybe you have blessings you have not counted.

100 000 people die out of starvation every day. Do you think you're more poor?

There's poverty, and then there's POVERTY. Count your blessings and be happy with what you have, 'cos it could be worse, and you can still make choices that enrich you, even if not materialistically (but sometimes even that way).

By the way, I have not been even close to 'doing well financially' in any way or level in this incarnation, so I am living what I preach. I bet you have -way- more money at your disposal every day than I do.
edit on 26-8-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join