It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick of being poor.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
One word that explains everything wrong on this planet.

"GREED"

Ever see the worlds first "money"? It resides on the island of Yap.
Its a very large stone that looks like a wheel.
It was made to designate wealth. You might find
a photo on google search.

If you want to see how poor everyone with the exception of
one family read up on the Rothschild.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am not sure if this post is a true statement or a sociolgical statement.

I hope your joking when you say you can't afford to eat mcdonalds and smoke cigarettes, If it is I applause you statement. If not then please use your time online to find out how to make food.

If you are joking then have fun, If you are not then please use google or failing that just ask.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I thought this was a rant section rather than a taking the pee on poverty section.

OP! get rid of your modem as well, it might start a Butterfly effect, and will leave some loose change in your pocket.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You're right in a few areas. The people of this country have been and are apparently ok with how things are going....

How so you ask? Well look who they voted for Prez, look who these same naive people want to vote for prez next, Hillary.

While lots of people have a right to complain those that complain the most continue to vote for the types of people in Congress, Senate, Prez and they laughably wonder why things aren't better. Capitalism is great, but crony capitalism has been allowed because the way the populace has voted. Only "we," are to blame, I say we but trust me I don't vote for any of these clowns so I really mean you who do.

Here's a quick way to look at things to help anyone get started in the right direction.

What do poor people do? They smoke or chew tobacco, they drink a lot of alcohol and do drugs, spend their money on useless things. Any disposable income goes to these types of things. Unfortunately, they are forced to buy used vehicles which have repairs needed done all the time. So now what little income they have goes to their vehicles.

The system needs to be changed we can all agree on that, but with so many ignorant people voting in the slime that they do it will never change any time soon. Your best bet is to think of a new idea, invention, or save your money for a few years until you can afford to buy a business or buy into a business.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Embark on an inner journey to find out who you are, think of others and giving unblocks your good coming into you. What your joy is, how to share talents with others. And focus on positive goals, mind over matter, setting small and then big goals, maybe its a small acreage with your own aquaponics and crafting or fixing things. Maybe its writing. Maybe its helping out with family and friends.

I agree, this world is run scarsity model for a reason, and that is often the fortunate ones, not the super wealthy and empowered, but for most of us, there are others forced to endure hardships that no one should have to in a decent caring world.

So, first its gratitude and thinking of others too and asking your soul things before sleep, attempting lucid dreaming, and seeking answers as to who you are and why you're here.

And striving to envision abundance in and out through you to others.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SadButTrue
You're right in a few areas. The people of this country have been and are apparently ok with how things are going....

How so you ask? Well look who they voted for Prez, look who these same naive people want to vote for prez next, Hillary.

While lots of people have a right to complain those that complain the most continue to vote for the types of people in Congress, Senate, Prez and they laughably wonder why things aren't better. Capitalism is great, but crony capitalism has been allowed because the way the populace has voted. Only "we," are to blame, I say we but trust me I don't vote for any of these clowns so I really mean you who do.

Here's a quick way to look at things to help anyone get started in the right direction.

What do poor people do? They smoke or chew tobacco, they drink a lot of alcohol and do drugs, spend their money on useless things. Any disposable income goes to these types of things. Unfortunately, they are forced to buy used vehicles which have repairs needed done all the time. So now what little income they have goes to their vehicles.

The system needs to be changed we can all agree on that, but with so many ignorant people voting in the slime that they do it will never change any time soon. Your best bet is to think of a new idea, invention, or save your money for a few years until you can afford to buy a business or buy into a business.
Do you mean that the best option for the poor is to do something that will stop them from bieng one of the poor anymore and become one of the rich? I understand your reasoning but that does not help the rest of the poor?

If everyone did that then nothing would change.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't have a cooking degree, but I cook my own meals - spaghetti bolognaise, tuna in tortoiseshell pastry, meatballs, burgers. One 500g tub of minced meat does me for three days. Tuna/turkey slices and cucumber for sandwiches.

Maybe you could write a recipe book - regular meals with different spices added. I've always wanted to experiment with all the different ones available in the supermarket, but never had time.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Embark on an inner journey to find out who you are, think of others and giving unblocks your good coming into you. What your joy is, how to share talents with others. And focus on positive goals, mind over matter, setting small and then big goals, maybe its a small acreage with your own aquaponics and crafting or fixing things. Maybe its writing. Maybe its helping out with family and friends.

I agree, this world is run scarsity model for a reason, and that is often the fortunate ones, not the super wealthy and empowered, but for most of us, there are others forced to endure hardships that no one should have to in a decent caring world.

So, first its gratitude and thinking of others too and asking your soul things before sleep, attempting lucid dreaming, and seeking answers as to who you are and why you're here.

And striving to envision abundance in and out through you to others.

I was with you right up untill the lucid dreaming part, although I think it can be important in development can you explain how it can be benificial in the OP's needs.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I don't have a cooking degree, but I cook my own meals - spaghetti bolognaise, tuna in tortoiseshell pastry, meatballs, burgers. One 500g tub of minced meat does me for three days. Tuna/turkey slices and cucumber for sandwiches.

Maybe you could write a recipe book - regular meals with different spices added. I've always wanted to experiment with all the different ones available in the supermarket, but never had time.

A vegan friend recently taught me how to make oatmeal "meatballs" I was really polite the whole way through as did not wish to offend him but I knew they would be awful.

I was really emmbaressed when they tasted really good and cost a fraction and I LOVE meat.

I don't do it it every time but somedays we choose to eat them. Just an opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
When you're in a hole the only way out is to get rid of almost everything.

-Stop smoking cigarettes
-Let all credit cards charge off
-Get rid of car and take bike/bus
-No more Mcdonalds. A giant bag of beans costs 14 bucks
-Freeze your debit card. Literally. Put it in the freezer in water so you don't take it with you each day.
-Make lunch at home
-Once out of financial hole, start making plans to get better job or move
-If unable to do last step, continue to save and play around with adding things back in your life
-Get a roommate
or
-Get rid of apartment and rent room in house/apartment
-If you are a cook, start volunteering at charities and networking in this fashion

That is all.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

First, you will get advice to quit smoking. Then you will get advice to quit eating. Then will get advice to stop using toilet paper and go back to using leaves. The sucky economy is all your fault. Of course, if you were rich all those cigs, food, and toilet paper would be just fine.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Advice to quit smoking if you are in financial turmoil is not being unrealistic or unfair. Neither is the cessation of eating Mcdonalds. If you are in a hole the only way out is to cut back severely. Blaming it on this or that will not change the situation.

No one told him/her to stop using toilet paper. Talk about exaggeration.

Not smoking is a great life change that saves tons of money. Not an unrealistic way to cut back at all. Same with Mcdonalds.

Eating just one mcdouble a day(1.20 where I am at, 140ish with tax) would cost 504 a year. If you are only making minimum wage which is 7.25 per hour full time you could be spending potentially four percent of your income on a tiny little hamburger. Now imagine you eat two per day, now it's eight percent of your income.

Regardless of the reasons or the unfairness of it all, it ain't changing. Advice to cut back is from experience. There is no other way out of a hole.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Everyday I get up and i have to check my bank account. Do I have enough money for gas? Can I afford the extra cheeseburger at McDonald's? Why do cigarettes cost so damn much? I hate it. Where are the new technologies to end hunger? Where are the saviors of society swooping down in their grey cadillacs and buying bars out for everyone? I hate being poor.

You don't need internet on your cell phone. An antenna for TV will work just fine. You don't need internet DSL when there are free wifi hotspots all over the Earth. You don't need cigarets or cheese burgers. Peanut butter and jelly and one loaf of bread costs $4, the same prices as 4 cheese burgers. You can eat for a week on the basics if you go to the store and think ahead. Don't drink soda, drink water. Walk more and get a used bike. Never drink alcohol.

I just saved you $450 a month.

Next, learn to suffer.

R ------------> S ------------> R

If you drink and smoke and consume sugary / starchy foods, you will suffer ill health, poor attitude, and waste most of your energy on any given day digesting sewage. If you improve your diet, you will have more energy to work harder. You will wake earlier and live longer.

What I just put above is defined this way:

Reward leads to suffering. Suffering leads to lasting reward. It's never a different path. If you smoke, you get sick. If you WORK out in the gym, you suffer on purpose and live longer / healthier. This is the secret to life my friend. You will have wealth untold if you simply do what I suggest. I am harsh on you because I am a teacher. I also work hard at suffering on purpose.

Taking reward in any form leads to debt. Thieves pay. Suffering for what you earn leads to true reward. This can then be given away to help others, leading to the real wealth producer--Giving is a secret to surplus. What you give gets given back seven fold. What you take gets taken, even what little you have.

Reaping and sowing. Lean heavy on the sowing and you reap. Reap constantly and you fail to sow and wonder why you are always broke. What do you give up in the end? The things that make you miserable.

Then again, you could just blame others. See if it works.

edit on 18-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
Everyday I get up and i have to check my bank account. Do I have enough money for gas? Can I afford the extra cheeseburger at McDonald's? Why do cigarettes cost so damn much? I hate it. Where are the new technologies to end hunger? Where are the saviors of society swooping down in their grey cadillacs and buying bars out for everyone? I hate being poor.

Maybe I don't have it that bad. Some people have no housing or no money for food or the worst they are ten cents short for that pack of cigarettes and the quickie mart clerk won't let them by. I have to make a bit of a joke out of this because if I don't I'll fall into a deep dark depression.

It just seems that everything has to be paid for. Maybe I'm sick of capitalism. I think I am. Society should provide for ourselves. Just like a family society needs to be the patriach and start paying for my life. Maybe I'm not even worthy of an extra thousand bucks a month. I still want it. Ya know I don't even want the extra money. I want # to cost less. There is no reason that a cheeseburger should be $10.

So what can I do? What effort can I make to help the cost of everything come down? Nothing.

I am helpless.

Just like everyone else there is nothing i can do. The man selling his cheeseburger for $10 at his boutique smiles and waves as people walk by. The cadillac dealer smiles and waves as cheeseburger salesmen but grey cadillacs. And they all go home to the bliss of not caring about any of the people they are selling their foods and goods to.

I went to college. I went and I got expelled. It's an industry where the degree doesn't matter anyway so i guess I made out good. It still put my $90,000 in the hole. Sallie Mae calls everyday! I don't have your money!!!! Tomorrow I won't have your money!!! Stop calling!!! Where the hell is the reset button.

The only thing I, and anyone, can do is wait. Play a video game and zone out. Tomorrow will suck but next week.... wow. Am I going to fall for that one again? Where the hell is the reset button?

But I do have hope. Hope and Change. heh. I guess that means I can have all the hope I want but if I do the same stupid # over and over nothing will happen. But if I make some change?

America needs to change. We are addicted. Oil. Do a little math. Look at the figures. See how much we actually spend as a nation on the world's oil supply. Oil makes gas. Gas feeds our cars. When we get there we feed our children. The entire time Big Oil is sitting at the buffet in Las Vegas saying, we can eat all we want. You see the symbolism.

I have hope that if America gets off it's oil dependency and finds workable energy sources for production and transportation... The we will have hope and change. Obama won't see it in office though. Too many Americans are sitting there playing their video games saying we got more oil let's keep using it. Procrastinating

I say we need to hit the reset button.

Grow your own tobacco in the house. It's cleaner and healthier without the additives like tar. Or get a E-Cig Hookah thing.

McDonalds, if you short on cash, is the way to go. Just ONLY order off the dollar menu, and make sure its 1 buck. Depending on where you live, 5 bucks on the dollar menu can hold you for the day, and while unhealthy its budgeted.

Change your phone number. Don't respond to the petty harassments from them. Let them go ahead and send it to collections and be done with it. At some point you'll be able to declare bankruptcy again on it, if we're all lucky.

Don't get a bicycle if you're not in a urban area. Stick with the car. Jobs are further and further out these days. But I would recommend doing silent research on how to turn your car over to water or modding it to get more MPG like that one guy did that Shell killed. Tough times call for tough measures.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Huh....

Ya know I was really hoping this thread would go in the direction of getting America off oil dependency but nooo..
My one cheeseburger is a bigger issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Huh....

Ya know I was really hoping this thread would go in the direction of getting America off oil dependency but nooo..

Are they not somehow related?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Huh....

Non nutritional food makes one hungry. The cheeseburger IS a bigger issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I know someone make fortune, what does he do?

He 'sue' people!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Good post man.

The fact is the cost of goods has risen (via inflation) radically faster than wages. You 1956 minimum wage would have bought a few packs of cigarettes, or a few cheeseburgers for an hour, now they don't.

The issue with cigarettes is the government is now heavily invested in drug addictions: They tax the hell out of them telling themselves they are doing something good by it, but would never fund any method to make people quit, they make too much money of them. Most of the thing like the cost of a cheeseburger aren't that dishonest, the restaurants are going off the cost of goods. They just look that way, because your wages have fallen while the wages of the rich have gone through the roof. Adjusted for inflation, cheeseburgers have always cost $10. Its workers who are making less than they ever have before.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you are are low on cash, you need to do what others do. It's called budgeting.
Put the video game away and sit down and write out all that you spend, how can you make the cost go down.

A cheeseburger costing $10? . Very easy solution to that one. Buy some food that's cheaper to cook yourself. Look I've been so broke I couldn't eat at all! Here you are stuffing cheeseburgers in your face. I could not afford to eat out. When I am going thru times of hardship, I can think of plenty of easy things to cook, to fill me up. A baked potatoe is one. Very filling. Nuts are filling. Make a fried egg sandwhich, grilled cheese, bowl of cereal or soup. If you like burgers so much, make them. To can buy just one or two buns at the supermarket, as well as small amounts of ground beef or ready made burgers. There are plenty of coupons available to use for discounts. Read the flyers that advertise sales and have coupons , get some scissors and cut them out. Go to the food bank. Think! There's cheaper ways but I provided you with easier ways. Buy som e fruit or vegetables to add nutrition into you diet as well.

A person who is truly broke cannot afford to eat out!

I understand your plight. However you appear to lack the skills on how to budget or cook.
edit on 18-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join