It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confused about the 'post reply' function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some threads if not all of them, don't allow you to see the page of an originating post when you click on the "reply to" with the link to what they've said. Is pretty frustrating. Then I found this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... where you can click on the link and it opens up in a new page

The links there are blue and yet the links everywhere else are green. Are there different ways to quote someone and reply in a thread which leads back to the originating post or what am I missing here?
edit on 18-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Those are from the OLD ATS.

Some of the pages haven't been integrated for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, you can' do that unless you actually insert a URL bb code.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well I would really like to know what the purpose is to only show a "snap shot" for a lack of a better word ,to what someone is responding to. Why no option to add your own comments?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ok, no one wants to talk about it I see. Very strange. Almost eerie.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Well I would really like to know what the purpose is to only show a "snap shot" for a lack of a better word ,to what someone is responding to. Why no option to add your own comments?

I don't understand what you mean.

There are two buttons. Reply and quote. If you hit reply it adds the reply code, and then quote ads the quoted text of that post.

If you click on the link after hitting reply, it gives you a snap shot of the entire post you are replying to, much like you'd see if you clicked on my username in this post.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What I mean is, when I click your username in the quote, it brings up what you've previously said, but not where I can actually comment. I would have to 'manually' hunt down your comment if this were more that a few pages just to reply to it if I were someone else. Make sense? The old ATS way the actual page where you made that comment pops up automatically.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Oh I see what you mean. You want a direct link to the post in question, along with the post.

As well as the ability to reply directly within that section?

I see.

I think that's probably a very tricky coding ordeal.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yeah you got it, just like the old times. Glad someone understands now. If you happen to skim through a large thread and see someone respond to someone else, and you suddenly would like to respond as well, you literally have to go through every previous page to find it. And by then...you're not angry any more. j/k

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I noticed something else strange. I clicked on the reply button to feltric's post, then after clicked on the thread reply button, and it resulted in a totally blank post to feltric left by me lol.
edit on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:34:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

join