It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy removes destroyer's top three commanding officers mid-deployment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

originally posted by: stirling
Ah probably a sex scandle brewing IMHO......They shouldn't put women aboard ships...

Maybe we shouldn't put men on board either. I seem to recall my BFF in service telling me about a small scandal about "the ether bunny", a navy seamen who would ether his roommate and rape them; they would kick the roommates out for being gay - this was back in the 1990s. He was only found after an investigation of the room in which the ether was discovered in his foot locker and through interrogation he admitted he had done it.

Don't play the gender card.

The Ether Bunny is an urban legend found throughout all branches of the military in 90s. I heard the stories while in the Gulf that it happened there and it was an Army story. Then later in several other places from all branches. It was not until the internet that I found out it was not only a story in the military but, on college campuses as well. No one has ever found a real case of it happening.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

originally posted by: stirling
Ah probably a sex scandle brewing IMHO......They shouldn't put women aboard ships...

Maybe we shouldn't put men on board either. I seem to recall my BFF in service telling me about a small scandal about "the ether bunny", a navy seamen who would ether his roommate and rape them; they would kick the roommates out for being gay - this was back in the 1990s. He was only found after an investigation of the room in which the ether was discovered in his foot locker and through interrogation he admitted he had done it.

Don't play the gender card.

The Ether Bunny is an urban legend found throughout all branches of the military in 90s. I heard the stories while in the Gulf that it happened there and it was an Army story. Then later in several other places from all branches. It was not until the internet that I found out it was not only a story in the military but, on college campuses as well. No one has ever found a real case of it happening.

It ACTUALLY happened, my best friend was almost kicked out of the Navy at 19 for being considered an accomplice; he reported it and was brushed off as a suspicion since he had no proof. Between his fear of backlash (which happened anyway with him and his commanding officer) and the inquest it was a MESS. I have seen his file and he was demoted in rank over a lot of red tape and fall guy drama. So don't tell me it doesn't happen.

There are documentaries out there about ex-vets, both men and women who have suffered sexual abuse on ships, in barracks, and everywhere else not related to WAR.

Rape has no gender.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

While it is stereotypical, there is a reason that they were called knuckle-dragging 'deck-apes'.... but I speak from 30 years ago. I wonder what they call Boatswain's Mates now?

O come on you guys BM's are no worst than hole snipes ,their jobs are not cushy and for snipes liberty in an anchored port sucked Azz,port and starboard...(MIDDLE FINGER.) while others got to play on the beach unless they happened to have duty. about the case it self if she was complaining about problems she had then what about her own Chief that would be the first one I would go to unless he/she was the problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: butcherguy

While it is stereotypical, there is a reason that they were called knuckle-dragging 'deck-apes'.... but I speak from 30 years ago. I wonder what they call Boatswain's Mates now?

O come on you guys BM's are no worst than hole snipes ,their jobs are not cushy and for snipes liberty in an anchored port sucked Azz,port and starboard...(MIDDLE FINGER.) while others got to play on the beach unless they happened to have duty. about the case it self if she was complaining about problems she had then what about her own Chief that would be the first one I would go to unless he/she was the problem.

I used to have snipes come up to my radar room to see what air conditioning felt like, hehehe.

Most of them would pass out from nose bleeds (bit too high up I guess).

That's okay. They would get their revenge on me when I'd have to go down in the lower main spaces to get distilled water for my cooling system. Stepping into the boiler rooms? No way I could have taken that heat for my naval career.

BTW - Anyone have a BT Punch I could get?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join