It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor admits he intentionally misdiagnosed cancer, ordered unneeded chemo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A Michigan doctor faces life in prison after he admitting to intentionally misdiagnosing patients with cancer and recommending unnecessary chemotherapy to dying patients.

Dr. Farid Fata pleaded guilty Tuesday to 13 counts of health care fraud, two counts of money laundering and one count of conspiracy to pay and receive kickbacks, reported the Detroit Free Press.

I wonder how often MDs and other health professionals take advantage of lax medical oversite in the American for Profit health care industry?

“In this case, we had Dr. Fata administering chemotherapy to people who didn’t need it, essentially putting poison into their bodies and telling them that they had cancer when they didn’t have cancer,” said U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade. “The idea that a doctor would lie to a patient just to make money is shocking.”

"Shocking" yes, but more common than we will ever know. A true industry wide conspiracy of corruption, greed and death.
If not for an aware nurse this killer would never have been caught apparently.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This is a man who needs to become very intimate with the inside of a prison. It's so disheartening to see this.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That's just sick. Especially as chemotherapy has some hideous side effects.

Just goes to show, evil people exist in all walks of life.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Already posted...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well if this sicko was prescribing chemo therapy drugs in Ontario the patients wouldn't be harmed since these medications here have been found to be over-diluted to the point of ineffectiveness.

www.thestar.com...

I lost friends and family to cancer while this fraud was taking place.

I don't know which is worse; prescribing un-needed drugs to healthy people or supplying useless drugs to sick people.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The idea that a doctor would lie to make money.
Is Shocking?

Really? To whom nowdays?

Certainly not me. Yes, your son has ADD. Here's a script.
After a 15 min. office visit.

Big Pharma Wins Again!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 18-9-2014 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is just one of many cases of these things. There are various reasons for this kind of thing. It could be greed, it could be they have employees reliant on them for their income. It could be they have to high of an overhead in their business. They could even have a very expensive lifestyle or a spouse that likes to buy too much.

It is not always greed that causes some things like this to happen. It is deception for sure. Sometimes we put these people on a social pedestal that they should not be on. They have been taught they need to be in special high priced neighborhoods and drive nice cars. Society does this.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What?! A "professional" who's actually a flawed human being, subject to sociopathic selfishness and greed?

Authorities are just people with some (hopefully) specific information... they might deserve to be listened to more carefully regarding their area of expertise, but a degree shouldn't earn respect in of itself.

One smart, selfish schoolmate applied for med school years ago. Despite his paperwork/grades looking wonderful, he was denied entry because of his interview. Something tipped them off that he wasn't 'fit' to be a doctor... and it was secretly comforting. At least sometimes the system works.

In this case... not so much.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

This is on Dateline right now. Shocking, horrifying and I too. Ask myself are there others? So sad.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Are there others?

Yes.

It's not a hard question to answer.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Jesus, that's scary! That was intentional misdiagnosing, but a friend went through something that IMO borders on that crap, which probably happens quite a bit.

A follow-up doctor she saw, after a visit to an emergency room, tried to get her to take a high power drug, without seeing any of her medical records, only on her word. And by even the company's website, the drug use was contraindicated for her! I wonder how many of his patients sitting in his waiting room were taking something with great potential for harm, just because he was "the authority".

new topics

top topics

join