It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia raids foil reported ISIS beheading plots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
According to the news, over 800 police officers in Australia launched the largest raid in Australian history to break up a terrorist plot by ISIS to randomly kidnap Australian citizens and behead them.

Australian Police Foil Islamist Terrorist Plot in Country’s Largest Ever Raid

Granted, a lot of information on terrorism we hear in the news is more Chicken Little overreaction than reality, BUT if this is true this irrefutably makes ISIS' claim of the recent journalist beheadings as retaliation for aerial bombing a complete lie. Australia isn't involved in the aerial bombing at all and so far there doesn't seem to be any Australians even in the region. ISIS is simply picking a vulnerable target at random and killing innocent people at random, in a general strategy to intimidate people into submitting to their will. It's akin to saying "this guy keeps punching me, so as retaliation I'm going to punch his neighbor's kids".

I personally believe this is true. I myself have regrettably had too much contact with people who zealously use religious mythology to substitute those parts of reality that they don't like, so I know from first hand that once someone gets the idea into their head that it pleases God for them to do something, BEWARE! There isn't anything magical about foreigners or anything subhuman about Americans that makes people in other countries immune to this phenomena.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Your thoughts?

Probably more media bulls# trying to spin this raid in favour of Aussie intervention...

Having read the source security officials weren't specific...
It was the article writer who has claimed info about a beheading "may" be revealed later today...

I'll just add Time to the warmonger list!!!

Don't fall for it my Aussie friends!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoodOlDave
Granted, a lot of information on terrorism we hear in the news is more Chicken Little overreaction than reality, BUT if this is true this irrefutably makes ISIS' claim of the recent journalist beheadings as retaliation for aerial bombing a complete lie. Australia isn't involved in the aerial bombing at all and so far there doesn't seem to be any Australians even in the region. ISIS is simply picking a vulnerable target at random and killing innocent people at random, in a general strategy to intimidate people into submitting to their will. It's akin to saying "this guy keeps punching me, so as retaliation I'm going to punch his neighbor's kids".

Australia is currently sending 10 jets and 800 military personnel to the Middle-East.

I personally believe this is true. I myself have regrettably had too much contact with people who zealously use religious mythology to substitute those parts of reality that they don't like, so I know from first hand that once someone gets the idea into their head that it pleases God for them to do something, BEWARE! There isn't anything magical about foreigners or anything subhuman about Americans that makes people in other countries immune to this phenomena.

Your thoughts?

I believe that it could be true, as the police wouldn't conduct raids of such an extent if there was nothing behind them.

That said, Australia has only recently upgraded its terror alert status from 'medium' to 'high'. Since that action, which happened about a week ago, a surge in terrorism related activity has suddenly appeared. Institutions have experienced bomb threats, Christians have been threatened with death, suspicious bags have been investigated, security has been increased, bins at train stations have been locked so as to stop any potential attacks, and multiple raids have been performed. I find it highly suspicious that such activity has only increased since the government's increasing of the terror threat level.
edit on 18-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GoodOlDave

Australia raids foil reported ISIS beheading plots

-
"FAIR" WARNINGS:

( i.e. The IS crap won't be tolerated in Texas ... and more )
edit on 18-9-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

This was my thought as well.

Propaganda to justify Australia's involvement in and wasting of money via the US's war OF terror.

Dont worry Aussies, next they'll be spying on everything you do and say, to keep you safe, of-course.

a reply to: daaskapital

originally posted by: daaskapital
That said, Australia has only recently upgraded its terror alert status from 'medium' to 'high'. Since that action, which happened about a week ago, a surge in terrorism related activity has suddenly appeared. Institutions have experienced bomb threats, Christians have been threatened with death, suspicious bags have been investigated, security has been increased, bins at train stations have been locked so as to stop any potential attacks, and multiple raids have been performed. I find it highly suspicious that such activity has only increased since the government's increasing of the terror threat level.

Almost identical to the scenes from Vendetta.

edit on 18-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoodOlDave
According to the news, over 800 police officers in Australia launched the largest raid in Australian history to break up a terrorist plot by ISIS to randomly kidnap Australian citizens and behead them.

When they say "the largest raid in Australia's history" in relation to terrorism. What they actually mean is it's the most police ever involved in such a small operation. You really have to pay close attention to how they word there comments.

They used over 800 police to raid less than 25 properties and have only charged one single person with a supposed terrorism plot.

It was a media stunt, an incentive to convince the herd they're in danger. Just show them a few images of police everywhere with a few comments and headlines about a terrorism plot in there homeland, then they'll not only support war, they''ll be demanding it.

ISIS is simply picking a vulnerable target at random and killing innocent people at random, in a general strategy to intimidate people into submitting to their will. It's akin to saying "this guy keeps punching me, so as retaliation I'm going to punch his neighbor's kids".

No, what IS our Government and the MSM are doing would be more appropriately described as holding a carrot over the donkeys head, to direct the masses exactly to where they want them to be.

Quite simply, these tactics being used by the TPTB gives me deja vu of the Iraq war. Its a method of propaganda that the Nazi's where quite found of, it works every time just like clock work when attempting to manipulate the masses. Simply create a threat, then convince the masses you are the only one who has a solution to this threat you have fabricated, then label anyone who disagrees with your solution as being unpatriotic or sympathetic to the fabricated enemy

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The propaganda is coming thick and fast now......this is just more of the same......
These idiots cant even put together a believable scenario......How stupid do they think we are?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i live in oz, and the other posters are right.

its just the usual bs to make the morons think that sending their children to another country to die is a good idea.

nothing new to see here.
edit on 18-9-2014 by sweord because: nrg

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If they really wanted to conspire to get massive support for intervention, they would stand down and let these terror scum lop off as many heads as they want. Same logic as all the naysayers are using.
Is it more responsible to try to stop murders or let them happen by ISIS in Australia? Either way there will be outrage to support intervention. Isis sympathizers cannot stop the inevitable.

new topics

join