It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witcher 3 anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
the things I dont like in witcher 3, is not an original RPG, its a pre-decided role and story based in a book... This time is an open world game. Witcher 2 was not an open world game. I will buy it because, I use nvidia cards and this is an nvidia based game with lots of nice fx and its DRM free. You can buy it and play without the need of an internet connection.

also the latest news say, witcher 3 has 16 hours of XxX content! who could imagine it!

its a game for adults and it will support moding with moding tools and any dlc with extra content in the feature, will be free!
edit on 29-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas
I think the book pretty much end when the first witcher game begin. Not sure however, but there like a continuation of the books. But ya the witcher world is pretty nitty gritty coupled with fantasy elements and warring nations, and offcourse all the sex scenes, which were pretty mello actually. The Witcher 2 was pretty linear, its one thing which brought it down. But even with that it was still better then a lot of games.

This time around though, its going to be like Skyrim only in the third person perspective and a bigger world. I heard somewhere its around 20% bigger then the Skyrim world. Which is pretty dam huge, it will keep a lot of people busy for a long time.

It seems that whenever a new game comes out the dev team do one of these show and tell on YouTube channel or other places. They did it for Dragon Age inquisition, I suppose its the new ways companies get there product out there now a days, also it was one of the things which convinced me to get that game and a few others.

And looking at this one. Oh ya! But its been on my list for a while.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
yeah they are pretty stuck with the book... If you visit their official forums and check the topics in the witcher 3 section, " wish list", youre going to notice a huge bash to those who wish things such us...

1) companions,
2) housing
3) LGBT romance
4) etc stuff...

they always say :

1) everybody hates geralt so u cannot have companions because nobody wants. (lol)
2) you cannot have a house/stronghold, because everybody hates gerald and he is not welcome in their villages or cities.
3) gerald is not a flower boy
4) he is sterile
5) etc

so there is not much things left to "wish for" from an open world rpg, is it. Skyrim had all that, pregnancy, lgbt romances, companions, hirelings, blablablabla... I give my hopes to moding mostly, no to the actual devs but it will take some time... lol

I actually suggested them once, to add a bar (like/dislike) since gerland is a hateful person... So after we do lots of quests and a village loves us, we can have a home, companions.. but they didnt liked it (I got bashed) lol

edit on 31-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ya well all those things you linked have been done. I never really found much stock in them however, in skyrim and all other games that did them they never felt right. I mean its a videogame and you can only simulate so many things, besides Gerald's like all witchers, do have a home.

I think in the first witcher game you start out at there castle, I forgot its name but basically a place they all gather and train and live and all that. From there it just branched out into the whole romance thing and quests and missions and what not. The story line is pretty compelling in itself, or at least in the second game for what it was, i would say it was better then a lot of games out there.

I really dont get why people always complain about the story being from the books. The truth is I thought the witcher 2 even with all its shortcomings was up there with skyrim if not better in some respects. But to each there own, the truth is when I played skyrim, the only thing I used "homes" for was for storing things, other then that I rarely steeped foot in there and was mostly out in the world doing quests and such. Really my only gripe with the witcher 2 was that it had a linear world and storyline. But that has been fixed with this third and likely last installment. I for one thing they went in the right direction.

All your questions are really easily answered.

1) companions,

There are plenty of them, but instead of going for the many companions route they opted for the few but more charter route. In skyrim you had followers, which was kind of meh! In the witcher games all his companions have there own tale to tell and backstory as well.

2) housing

Other then the witcher keep whatever its called. Really its not a big issue in a action adventure roleplaying game. To tell the truth i dont really care. In dragon age inquisition they did it right with skykeep, and they could have done the same sort of thing for this game as well. After all in the first game and storylines they do have there own castle were they live and meet up...But if they didn't I really dont care all that much.

First: Because I already did it in Dragon Age and while its cool. This is a different game.
Second: I think the whole premise of the story is the Wild Hunt. Basically while there are other quests and things to do Gerald ultimately is not staying in one spot, he is hunting for ciri, his adopted daughter and protege, its the whole thing behind this third game installment. So basically I dont think we will be staying in one spot to long even if you wanted to.

3) LGBT romance

Its the story of geralt of rivia, they have plenty of sex scenes in the game and even whole romance arcs. But really the dude is straight. So what do you expect? Most of the fans who read the books or play the game I do not think they do so because of the whole romance scene no matter which way they swing. Its a non issue but to those who make it an issue.

Its like saying I dont like to play Mario because hes a plumber and Italian. I mean what else should he be. French and a mime? Really! OK whatever dude.

4) etc stuff...

Plenty of that as well.

so there is not much things left to "wish for" from an open world rpg, is it. Skyrim had all that, pregnancy, lgbt romances, companions, hirelings, blablablabla... I give my hopes to moding mostly, no to the actual devs but it will take some time... lol

Ya but thats the thing. Skyrim had all those things. But really now that it has been a few years for me playing both games. Really I can remember Gerald's companions and the things they got up to, and I cant remember anything about skyrim companions or hirelings or any of that, my hireling from what I rember now while it was a cool mechanic the NPC spent most of his time getting stuck in the world in something, lets just say they were not that usefull. Even the main hero is kind of just a voice. The only thing that sticks in my mind now is the world was big, and it had cool dragons. I remember more the dragons in the game then anything else.

So if I am going by that alone. I would say that the witcher 2 had better and more memorable things in it then skyrim did. To tell the truth I would rather have less occupant and npcs who have a better backgrounds or storyline arcs, then a bunch of them running around which I will forget the minute I turn around. More does not necessarily equal better.

But in this third installment it should have the best of both worlds. So everybody can quit complaining.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Witcher 2 was very linear, the only open areas, are the cities and villages. All the rest is 1-2 paths that you can follow.

Skyrim is one of the biggest success games out there, Witcher 2 is by far not even comparable.

I agree that witcher 2 got better graphics, but it was extremely heavy for moders and they didnt bother match. Also they delayed their tools for moding, about 2-3 years (?). They promoted moding tools with the enchanted edition on xbox360.

Skyrim in the other hand, if the game is vanilla, there is no much things to do inside the house, but moding and later on to built ur own home, also adopt and have a child, there is a mod for pregnancy as well, it gave lots of interest to the RPers and moders.

And from a personal experience, a video I made on youtube about skyrim, I got about 300.000 views, while the witcher video got about 50.

a game that suposingly will be competitive with skyrim in a matter of dynamic questing, romances, companions, etc... Is the cyberpunk project, that will be announced maybe this year at E3. Theyve said it, it will have dynamic mechanics in the questing thing, weather, world, companions, romance and a way to progress, so fingers crossed. Bellow is a trailer of cyberpunk. Its the same developing team and right now they work for it.

Witcher 3 will be competitive with Dragon Age 3 and DA Inq is a success.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Witcher 2 was very linear, the only open areas, are the cities and villages. All the rest is 1-2 paths that you can follow. Skyrim is one of the biggest success games out there, Witcher 2 is by far not even comparable.

I dont know about that. Skyrim while it had more things, at the end it sort of fuzzed out. Story wise I think witcher 2 was more fun. Skyrim was mostly run around and run into random do or fetch quests. Both games are great, but it really depends on what you like.

I agree that witcher 2 got better graphics, but it was extremely heavy for moders and they didnt bother match. Also they delayed their tools for moding, about 2-3 years (?). They promoted moding tools with the enchanted edition on xbox360. Skyrim in the other hand, if the game is vanilla, there is no much things to do inside the house, but moding and later on to built ur own home, also adopt and have a child, there is a mod for pregnancy as well, it gave lots of interest to the RPers and moders.

If your playing the game for moding reasons then ya. Though personally I dont care all that much about moding things to your house or character or any of that. Its fun for a while but I just dont get a kick out of it as some people. In fact at the end there I got bored of the whole storyline in skyrim and sort of just blew through it just to get it done.

If people like moding its cool. But personally if the game is just one long drawn out take care of virtual people and environments it gets old to me. I really dont see the point of all that in the witcher games. In a game like skyrim ya ok. But in the witcher games. Really it may be cool, but I dont think most fans would dable to much into it.

Though that was the witcher 2. In this one coming out. Since its free roam. Who knows, it may be something to get behind if they do it. But all only after I do everything in the game and complete it. Its just secondary to me.

And from a personal experience, a video I made on youtube about skyrim, I got about 300.000 views, while the witcher video got about 50.

Not many people played the witcher games compared to skyrim. Besides like I said, they were linear. Once you beat the game there really is nothing more to watch about it because you knew all there was about it because you went through it already, in skyrim you had plenty of different variation on things. That may change however with the free roam open world system now in it. But if its lacking on story and just more fetch quests thrown about, it would be a big disappointment.

a game that suposingly will be competitive with skyrim in a matter of dynamic questing, romances, companions, etc... Is the cyberpunk project, that will be announced maybe this year at E3. They've said it, it will have dynamic mechanics in the questing thing, weather, world, companions, romance and a way to progress, so fingers crossed.

That's what they said about a bunch of games which already came out and were pretty disappointing. I mean, if they get it done I am all for it. But it seems there is a long string of companies promising big and going big and all these epic scopes. And half way through they realize they just cant do it so it turns out its just the same old copy paste job on a new product. I for the most part ended up playing games like the Dark Souls series. Because for what it is, they do a good job at it and its way more fun to play, then all these games which try to reach so far and fall short so often.

But ya! fingers crossed for cyberpunk actually being all that its amped up to be. But I would not hold my breath, you know.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

that is why I said witcher games are more competitive with dragon age games or mass effect games, less for skyrim

skyrim/fallout is a different kind of role play, more immersive worlds and things goin on and with poor main story questline, you can finish skyrim in 2-3 hour and mostly travel from one side to another, if you do only the main quest! While witcher games are more story based and they have some alternatives to keep you up.

As for cyberpunk, I only have my fingers crossed (I mostly wait for the upcoming fallout 4 and the open wolrd star wars game and mass effect 4, both bioware products).

edit on 3-2-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
All I know is that from what I have seen of the witcher 3 Wild Hunt. I will not be going anywhere for a long time come April, I will have to cut out everything else but necessities and work, no gym, no riding my bicycle no nothing, but on my chair for at least a few weeks every change and time I have.

The game really looks pretty dam good, that and there are a few other good games which are out in April. And as for Cyberpunk. I'm not holding my breath, but I hope it delivers.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
New gameplay footage released today for PAX East , 2 months and counting to release.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hot off the press a new trailer from CD Projekt RED detailing the lush world and the adventure that awaits.

5 weeks till the start of the hunt !

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow,looks realy good! Will get that as soon as it comes out

Hope they lock the FPS at 30 as have been playing borderlands the handsome collection on my ps4 and playing the borderlands 2 section it has serious slow down rather strange considering on my old xbox 360 it would only struggle with big bosses and lots of slag weapons

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
The game looks gnarly. May 19th release date. Its a few more weeks from when it comes out, so ya.

This looks like a type of game which would eat up months of your life. And with the developers saying its bigger then skyrim and over 100 hours of gameplay, hands down this game is going to be one of the best games out this year period.

To bad I dont have the time like I used to, I even dont have time to finish Bloodborne, and that game is way shorter then this game is going to be. But it will give people who have been complaining that the new consoles dont have any good games something to do, this game will keep gamers busy for a while yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm really digging the atmospheric effects. It would really jolly my roger if there was dynamic climate changes with different seasons. From what I've read, there are storms that will pop up at random, and since sailing is an element in the game, there is actually a danger to you if you go out during a storm. The AI is even responsive to the weather changes, as they will stay indoors during storms.

Monsters have unique individual behaviors as well; some may flee when they're low health instead of staying and fighting to the death. There are reportedly around 80 monsters that leave tracks/clues as to what kind of monster they are before you even encounter them. This introduces the hunting element which may be necessary for finding ingredients for potions or unique trophies as in Witcher 2.

As for the map, I'm still not sure how big it's going to be, other than '64 square km.' There have been various leaks, but none as far as I know have shown the entire map yet. I can only imagine how much space this game is gonna take up on my drive.

edit on 13-4-2015 by Septimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Seems the game has a bit of everything, or at least from what the videos show and the developers have been saying. They have even been qoted in saying that if you try to do everything in the game, quests and what not, it should take you about 200 hours to complete the game. But that all depends on just what your doing, and the content of it all, because if its 200 hours of fetch quests...Forget that.

Also the comedy. The second game did have some quips here and there, once in a while somebody mostly the dwarf would say something that was funny or mildly amusing, hopefuly the bring more comedy to this last installment. That one part in the new vid above were they uncover that vampire, which asks them which century it is, and promptly tells them to # off because its the wrong century for him to wake up in...Its pretty funny, or semi funny.

But in all honesty, Its what I would do if I was a vampire... That is Sleep zzzzz...If I were to wake up this century and see all thats going on, justin beber all this nonsense stuff, the gloomy doomy crap when the wheel has not even begun to roll in that, oh ya plenty of that coming down.

But ya one look around and I am going back to sleep off till at least next century at the least. This century is worse then that one were they all decided to wear tights and powdered wigs to cover there lice infestations, and because it as a fashion sense to not bathe and wear barrels of perfumes, it was after all the high class thing to do...Nothing like old knoby icky geezers in tights and powdered wigs to make you wish you were off planet or could somehow sleep through all this madness. Cant wait to see what the next centuries bring, hopefully an end.

But all that hijinx aside, the game is going to be pretty huge. People have been comparing it to skyrim, but to the truth there kind of two different types of games, its really hard to compare them other the the whole fact that there both RPGs and have the whole swords and magic, dragons and giants type of vibe to them. But other then that, the only real thing you can compare these two games is that there both now open world sandbox type games. Who knows if that will translate all that well since the witcher was predominantly a story driven game were your path was pretty much set in stone....But we shall see.

edit on 12amWednesdayam152015f3amWed, 15 Apr 2015 00:20:51 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join